Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Horizon Hobbies - THUMBS UP

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Horizon Hobbies - THUMBS UP

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horizon Hobbies - THUMBS UP

Okay, so I crashed a warbird, no dumb thumb which is refreshing, but not sure what happened... a switch, connection, who knows. Anyway, I sent my receiver to Horizon to get checked out. I had purchased it about 15 months ago from them. I told them I had crashed and wanted the receiver checked. I got notification they got my receiver and a few days later they advised me that they had shipped it back to me. Here is the THUMBS UP.....There was NO CHARGE, NO SHIPPING CHARGE, FREE, NO QUESTION, NO HASSEL....they checked it out and sent it back to me!! This was not warranty work...I crashed it...my fault, pure and simple. That, gentlemen, is AWESOME SERVICE. I had heard that Horizon was GOOD at service but this was way beyond expectation -- I was more than willing to spend $50 - $75 to make sure the receiver was OK. I see a lot of threads complaining about various vendors and their service but I GOTTA GIVE A THUMBS UP TO HORIZON HOBBIES. They will get MUCH more of my business. Comments....
Old 09-10-2013, 06:09 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they go above and beyond ! You won't find that level of service at many places.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by 52238
Okay, so I crashed a warbird, no dumb thumb which is refreshing, but not sure what happened... a switch, connection, who knows. Anyway, I sent my receiver to Horizon to get checked out. I had purchased it about 15 months ago from them. I told them I had crashed and wanted the receiver checked. I got notification they got my receiver and a few days later they advised me that they had shipped it back to me. Here is the THUMBS UP.....There was NO CHARGE, NO SHIPPING CHARGE, FREE, NO QUESTION, NO HASSEL....they checked it out and sent it back to me!! This was not warranty work...I crashed it...my fault, pure and simple. That, gentlemen, is AWESOME SERVICE. I had heard that Horizon was GOOD at service but this was way beyond expectation -- I was more than willing to spend $50 - $75 to make sure the receiver was OK. I see a lot of threads complaining about various vendors and their service but I GOTTA GIVE A THUMBS UP TO HORIZON HOBBIES. They will get MUCH more of my business. Comments....
Great to hear you had a good experience with Horizon and thanks for sharing.

Living in Australia I haven't used Horizon Hobbies directly, however their local distributor is www.modelflight.com.au

They have also been exceptional - my DX8 was an early build with the faulty gimbal recall, Modelflight paid for shipping, both ways, repaired it and returned it within a week.

Unfortunately they had wired up the elevator trim in reverse. (Vid here) No biggie, I called them, they paid for shipping both ways a second time and the radio has been perfect ever since.

I recently bought a JR DSX9 limited edition from a Sydney Hobby store, it was faulty and returned the next day and I received a refund. (Vid here)

Modelflight has the same model DSX9 Limited in stock, and I called them to buy one. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with a very helpful sales rep who took the time to test the radio and made sure it was exactly the model I wanted (Bearing Gimbals) and was working perfectly before shipping it.

Gotta be happy with that.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:01 AM
topspin

I have a DX7 that I bought several years ago at my LHS. Anyway it developed a memory problem so I called Horizon to get it fixed and got way more than I expected. I was prepared to ship it to them, pay for the repairs, and even pay the return shipping. But when I called, the guy I talked to said they were sending an RMA and shipping lable, which they did. So they paid to ship it back to them, fixed it at no charge, and sent it back to me, again they paid. What other company does that. Since I was getting ready for a club function I didn't want to be without a transmitter so I bought a DX7s ( that was on Tuesday) and got it on Thursday so was able to fly on Saturday.

Yeah they cost a bit more but it is definetly worth it to get that kind of service when you really need it. Thank's Horizon.