Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Generator question

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 05:59 AM
cpmay
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Generator question

I'm looking to buy a generator for camping and RC charging. Is there any real difference in quality between the Honda and Yamaha units? I seem to be able to get a same sized Yamaha a little cheaper . Your thoughts?
Old 09-26-2013, 06:38 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

They are pretty close, I have the EU1000 and a EU3000,, love them both

A word of caution,, I know the advertising says 12 volts @ 8 amps but If you are going to use one for charging via the 12 volt output you'll want to regulate the charge load by still using a battery,, my eu1000 puts out over 20 volts through it's 12 volt feed unregulated,, I learned that the hard way and fried a charger going direct out of it.. (dumb move)

That is intended for charging a 12 volt battery, not a power supply

good luck
Old 09-26-2013, 02:26 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure the Yamaha can be serviced in your area. They don't have the service network that Honda has, otherwise, not a lot of diff.