Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Futaba t7c

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:23 PM
superduty04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba t7c

I recently bought a futaba t7c with a R617FS receiver I bound it to model one but when I go to a different model like model ten it still control model one also any ideas what could be causing this? I'm new to futaba just switched from a different brand.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by superduty04
I recently bought a futaba t7c with a R617FS receiver I bound it to model one but when I go to a different model like model ten it still control model one also any ideas what could be causing this? I'm new to futaba just switched from a different brand.
Futaba does not have model match.

If you bind a Futaba receiver to a Futaba Transmitter, it will work regardless of which model memory you select in the Transmitter.

If you are coming from another brand, I assume it was Spektrum or JR with DSM2 / DSMX? They use model match where the receiver is bound to a specific model memory and will not operate on any other model memories in the same transmitter.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Technology/ModelMatch.aspx

With Futaba, always check you have the correct model selected before powering up the receiver.

Last edited by Rob2160; 10-09-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:35 PM
superduty04

Thanks for the info I'll be sure to keep that in mind
Old 10-10-2013, 06:21 AM
topspin

I have a couple of planes that I still fly with my 72 MHZ Futaba transmitter. I lost a nice plane years ago because I had the TX set to the wrong model and took off with the ailerons reversed (set up for another model). After that I put a number on the tail of each plane that corresponded to the memory number for that plane in the Futaba 6EX. These planes still have numbers so I don't make the same mistake again. Hope you don't have the same misfortune I had.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:59 PM
superduty04

That's a really good idea thanks
Old 10-11-2013, 04:49 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by topspin
I have a couple of planes that I still fly with my 72 MHZ Futaba transmitter. I lost a nice plane years ago because I had the TX set to the wrong model and took off with the ailerons reversed (set up for another model). After that I put a number on the tail of each plane that corresponded to the memory number for that plane in the Futaba 6EX. These planes still have numbers so I don't make the same mistake again. Hope you don't have the same misfortune I had.
This labeling of tails is a great idea for the problem of no model match with Futaba .

I gotta be honest here , I'm kinda amazed that still Futaba has not included this important feature in their equipment . When I switched to 2.4 GHZ back when the DX7 Spektrum and 6EX2.4 Futaba were released , I bought one of each for testing to see which system I liked better . I flew them side by side for a while and the Spektrum won me over . I had none of these supposed "Spektrum lockouts" and never ran afoul of Futaba's lack of model match since at the time each system had only one plane each bound to them (two otherwise identical Horizon Taylorcrafts) . My 6EX2.4 transmitter DID have the "Zero GUID" defect and was handled by Futaba promptly . Although Futaba's lack of model match did not figure into my decision to go with Spektrum , It would surely kill the deal for me if I were making this decision now , since I've got a few dozen different models to keep track of .

Since Spektrum saw Futaba's frequency hopping system as clearly better , They copied it . Now , I think Futaba oughta go and copy Spektrum's model match feature , and then BOTH systems will have the best available technology available to their customers .
Old 10-11-2013, 12:58 PM
topspin

Yeah that always amazed me too but when I got into RC there was no such thing as model match or even memories for that matter. My Futaba 6EX was the first radio I ever had with a model memory. It could remember six models which was OK considering JR had a 10 and possibly 20 model memory transmitter at the time but I didn't need that. The 72 MHZ Futaba served me well, and still does since I don't even need to get a frequency pin the field anymore, I and one other guy are the only ones who still use them occasionally.

After I trashed my SIG Hog Bipe by having the TX set to the wrong memory I went to the local craft store and bought some rub on numbers and marked the tail of each plain. That was my model memory system and it worked OK.

I now have a spektrum DX7 and DX7s and both are full and the only problem I ever encountered was with the DX7 when it lost a memory location. Horizon fixed it and shipped it for free. That was why I bought the DX7s, I needed a transmitter while my DX7 was being repaired and I figured with service like that I would be nuts not to buy another Spektrum. You would think though that Futaba would figure it out, I have always liked them and would have gotten one except the cost of the receivers was too high.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:50 PM
Oldbob

Guys I recently purchased a used Futaba T7C 2.4 Ghz. I did not get a manual with it. Can someone tell me how to reset the internal total time timer? I would like to keep track of the time the transmitter is used between charges.
Thanks
Old bob
Old 02-18-2016, 03:17 AM
JimmyZep

Here you go.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/7c-2_4ghz-manual.pdf

Jimmy
Old 02-18-2016, 06:35 AM
Oldbob

Jimmy, thanks, this is a big help. I found what I needed in the manual and was able to reset the timer
Bob
Old 02-18-2016, 09:54 AM
jimbrock2

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I always check my controls after I start the engine. Ailerons are especially important. Ari Onassis' son was killed when his airplane's ailerons were reversed by a mechanic that had to cut the cables to make them fit wrong ways.