Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Help save a hobby shop!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 02:36 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hossfly... how can you believe anything but the truth... You pay taxes on the land each year, you can loose it for not paying taxes, eminent domain taking for public good are common, you loose it when you die. Government can tell you what you can build and not build on your property. They can restrict what you can do on the property.

No my friend, you are merely renting it from the government. The government makes all the rules of "ownership". You only think you own it.

This is the kind of stuff wars were and are fought over.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:48 PM
JRgraham
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thats a real american right there...
Old 04-22-2014, 05:12 PM
collector1231

WHOO, only 119 to go! Way to go everyone who signed!
Old 04-24-2014, 04:17 AM
rcmiket

Signed.

Mike
Old 04-26-2014, 10:17 AM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I visited mikes today. It's pretty sad, but with only 119 signature to go maybe we can save it? I'm going to have everyone I know sign. If the petition passes, what's the next step?
Old 04-29-2014, 01:47 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Another link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/texa...enter-to-close

Signed.
Change.org is v cool. A faster way to be heard, compared to every 4 years or so (elections).
Old 04-30-2014, 08:54 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by on_your_six
Hossfly... how can you believe anything but the truth... You pay taxes on the land each year, you can loose it for not paying taxes, eminent domain taking for public good are common, you loose it when you die. Government can tell you what you can build and not build on your property. They can restrict what you can do on the property.
No my friend, you are merely renting it from the government. The government makes all the rules of "ownership". You only think you own it.
DAD BURN IT, __SIX ! You are making me think! Your thesis may well be much better than mine. I am not allergic to rethinking and every so often learn something that is better and more in reality than my current position. Your thoughts may well be more informed than mine. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:25 AM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

and to think, our forefathers went to war over TEA!!!

Last edited by spitfire66; 04-30-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:25 AM
JoeyCoates

Well, they have a hearing on the 22nd, I sure do hope it goes well as I am up there spending too much money quite often.

Petition for Condemnation and Notice of Lis Pendens
have been filed with the court and county records.The judge has appointed the 3 special commissioners for the trial on Aug. 22nd 2014.We also received another offer from the state but still requiring us to keep half the building.Still no contact from the Assistant Attorney General to discuss the offer.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Renegade

Well, what happened??? I just stumbled on to this thread, too late to sign the petition, but still wondering what happened. Did the state gov't pull a Alamo on him?.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:54 PM
rkimmerle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the hearing the state agreed to buy the whole building. Mike said they have to be out by November 1st and he is hoping to get a deal done on an even larger place a few miles down the road but it would not be open until 2015 if it all works out. The petition had a big affect on a positive outcome. Hopefully there will be a new, bigger and better Mikes soon.