Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 03:24 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyman
One of our fellow modellers did a death spiral into the ground just behind a bush when he got to his plane he found the propshaft hit a train rail dead center...................... a new plane and engine was all he needed to fly again. that happened twice in one year.
Ouch !!!
Old 03-29-2017, 08:20 AM
trainermaster80
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's wrong with your glider.
# 1 under powered
#2 if 1/2 a engine possibly engine was running back wards. They can back fire in flite to cause this also. Prop on backwards? Too.
#3 not enough positive incidence on the wing.
#4 very slight down elevator
i have flown lots of powered gliders particulary 1/2 a texaco a s.a.m. Event. Loads of fne
frankie trainermaster 80 try agian lol,
Old 03-29-2017, 08:39 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

You left out loose nut holding the sticks!
Old 03-29-2017, 11:32 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Today, 29th March 2017, turned out to be something of a red letter day. There was virtually no wind and it was tee shirt weather in La Creuse. I took the 1/6 scale Roy Scott BE2e to the strip for the first time since adding nearly 500 grammes (18ozs) of lead under the OS 70 FL.

Long story short, we replaced the propeller with a 14x6 and took off with my friend Roger Aubard on the buddy box, but he wasn't on the buddy box, I gave him control from the outset! He's a Mode 1 pilot and I'm Mode 2. I'm not a bad pilot but Roger once finished tenth in the French national championships and I'm not that standard! The model took off and just required a small amount of down trim. Then I took control and proceeded to do a series of eights before handing back control to Roger for the landing. The engine cut on the landing approach and the model nosed over in the grass but there was no damage.

We need to make a few adjustments to improve the low speed running of the engine but the extra weight has made all the difference.

The c/g as shown on the plan is simply wrong!

I'm looking forward to flying it again soon!

Happy Landings Gentlemen!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BE2e (2).JPG
Views:	89
Size:	352.8 KB
ID:	2207532  

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 03-29-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:53 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Roger sounds like a good man to have around. Congratulations on the successful flight!
Old 03-29-2017, 02:30 PM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LJE4357
Hey guys, I talked to the owner of that flying this morning. One hell of a nice guy. He built it all himself. Another lie falls into place from a crooked modeler here in Orlando. So where did the $1.75 million go? Guess it went to the 2 guys that are still alive that did it in the first place. FBI told me that land sale is in the hands of the IRS. That makes two IRS investigations. Today I sent in the paper work to the IRS as a Whistleblower, when it's over I get 10%. At least I got one of the two with one felony. FBI told me I have to take it to the Security's and Exchange first, before they do anything. I'll be glad when this is all over with. I been told it would make, one hell of a movie. Next week my lawyer and I, and the friend that help me write up the outlines have to go to the FBI office in Tampa. I have a ton of evidence, they haven't seen yet. And the names of all the people that got there phones hacked. The 2 months of the recordings I made of the hacking went into a safe deposit box, along with copy's of all the evidence. May attorney says leave it there untill we go to court. Funny, when I sent an email to the guys that did the hacking, and told him about the recordings, it stopped for 5 days. It started up again in the middle of phone calls with disconnections. He actually disconnection a phone call while I was on the phone with the FBI, while the agent was talking. He called me back, and asked me if I hung up. I said no, this is what happens all day long. Two days I sent an email and told him he may get his wish. An agent from the VA has been working on this issue to try and stop the phone hacking. When he called the guy and told him about my wife, he said " I wish she would die"
That was when the hacking stopped. later my wife went into the hospital, and the phone hasn't been hacked since. Maybe he was just listing.
I wish you and your wife all the best, and hope you get everything straightened out, but you may want to stop posting about this case like right now! You are doing yourself no favors, and if you should happen to lose the 2 you have been badmouthing may have a strong case for filing a slander and libel suit against you. If I were you, I'd say no more in public.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:28 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

I wish you every success in the court case LJE but agree with flyboy in this instance. Your best course of action would be to keep quiet about it until the verdict is reached.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:08 AM
karolh

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
I wish you every success in the court case LJE but agree with flyboy in this instance. Your best course of action would be to keep quiet about it until the verdict is reached.
My sentiments exactly.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:23 AM
LJE4357
Banned
My Feedback: (74)

You guys are somewhat right, but it's not slander until I mention names. When arrests are made, the names will be posted. This whole case here is growing like wild fire. It's 99% all have to do with what happen here in Orlando.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:34 AM
karolh

I hear you loud and clear, but it's always better to be safe rather than sorry.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:16 PM
LJE4357
Banned

From the civil side of it, I really don't think it's going to go to court. Something will work out making it fair. From the criminal side, the verdict with all the evidence I have and witness, it's definitely GUILTY.Lets see whats going to happen when the IRS done.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:39 PM
the pope

Try not to listen to the lawyers . They will tell u what u want to hear untill the $ run out and then they come out with the big excuses why they have done a complete 180* . There not called scum sucking bottom feeders for nothing .
Old 03-30-2017, 05:24 PM
LJE4357
Banned

Originally Posted by the pope
Try not to listen to the lawyers . They will tell u what u want to hear untill the $ run out and then they come out with the big excuses why they have done a complete 180* . There not called scum sucking bottom feeders for nothing .
That's true for 99.9% of most lawyer's. His retainer fee was $1. He will make his money when were done suing. I'm actually think of opening an RC Field with part of mine.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:12 AM
LJE4357
Banned

He guys, last night I got this e-mail from MalwareBits. I talked to them about this issue about 6 months ago. A friend of mine that does computer work also, told me he seen a site on in Australia that said something about. I went on the Intel website and looked at the spec. on the CPU controller IC. I first sent an email to MalwareBit's about it, then they called me about it. The interesting thing the jerk ( some of you know who it is, I do) that hacked my computer and phone, read my email, and did it to me. I still have that computer off line with that as evidence. That make 3 computers with Virus's still on them. Now, this is only an issue if you computer was made after 2009, and it uses Intel CPU's. Such a small world we all live in. What goes up, must come down. Even the Voyager Space Craft, is going to crash someplace, someday. Hope it ain't heaven

This is the email they sent me, go to there website for more info
[TABLE="width: 600, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"][TABLE="width: 470, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE="class: m_-5853670985971098808align-center, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]March 2017 newsletter[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: m_-5853670985971098808align-center, align: right"]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: m_-5853670985971098808main-padding"][TABLE="class: m_-5853670985971098808single-post"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]What are exploits?
You've heard us talk a lot about exploit kits on this site, from newly discovered families of exploits to the rise and fall of their popularity among cybercriminals. But have you ever wondered exactly what they are?
Exploit kits, or EKs, are highly effective methods of delivering malware to your system by exploiting flaws in the programs on your computer. EKs can infect your computer without your knowledge through malicious ads on reputable sites. You don't even have to open an attachment, go to a bad website, or click on a malicious ad for exploits to do their damage. In this article, we'll take a closer look at EKs: how they work, why cybercriminals use them, and what the future looks like for this sneaky form of attack.
Keep reading
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited by LJE4357; 03-31-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:15 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Some pictures of Wednesday's first successful flight of the BE2 taken by the club's treasurer Fabrice on his tablet.

Name:	BE2e en double command (Small).jpg
Views:	75
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	2207868   Click image for larger version

Name:	BE2e en double commande 3 (Small).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	2207869   Click image for larger version

Name:	BE2e en double command (1) (Small).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	2207870   Click image for larger version

Name:	BE2e en double command (2) (Small).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	2207871  
Old 04-01-2017, 06:23 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Some pictures of Wednesday's first successful flight of the BE2 taken by the club's treasurer Fabrice on his tablet.

Happy to hear it worked out for you!
Old 04-01-2017, 07:07 PM
karolh

Glad to hear that the maiden flight went well. Nice pics though a bit on the small side. Say are you the guy in blue wearing the hat ??
Old 04-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Yes that's right. I have a collection of overalls and I usually wear a set for flying in order to keep the oil off my clothes. I had been working on my motor cycle earlier in the day so kept them on for flying. I often wear orange miner's overalls. They are well-made and available at a good price now that the UK no longer has a coal mining industry. Not a deep-mine industry anyway.

The hat is by the Australian manufacturer Akubra. Buying an Akubra is a bit like buying a Rolls Royce. You choose the style and colour and send them your hat size. For countries like Australia which have adopted the metric system, this is straight forward. You measure the circumference of your head in centimeters and send them the measurement. You pay the bill and six weeks later your hat is delivered by post in a substantial hat-box. It was quite good hat in its day and it is better at keeping the sun out of your eyes than a baseball cap!

Picture of the BE2 taken on a beautiful day last summer. What you don't see is me working hard on the controls to keep everything straight and level. I managed to get it down alright. I must be a better pilot than I give myself credit for. Last Wednesday's flight was the first flight since that day. The lead made all the difference. Must do something about those roundels.

Name:	Fun Fly Apres Maiden. (1) (Small).JPG
Views:	72
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	2208034   Click image for larger version

Name:	BE2e FFF.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	2208035  
Old 04-02-2017, 05:59 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Here in the states if someone saw you in that orange jumpsuit they would be calling the police claiming a convict got loose! LOL I have an Aussie hat like the kind Crocodile Dundee wore, without the teeth. It blew off my head while mowing and got chewed up. Brim got torn and the wire brim keeper got pulled out and lost. That Kangaroo leather is some tough stuff! Unfortunately I had it on the dash of my truck for a few days and it shrunk from the sun.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Crocodile Dundee wore an Akubra.

http://aussiebushhats.com.au/akubra-...-hat-croc-hat/
Old 04-02-2017, 12:24 PM
F4 Phantom blue angles

Hey my friend, The first plane I built was a Telamaster. Put a .40 on it and it flew like a puppy. Excellant trainer.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:18 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Mine looks like that but is a Jacaru. http://www.sheplers.com/jacaru-kanga...es-Hats_096L63
Old 04-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Originally Posted by F4 Phantom blue angles
Hey my friend, The first plane I built was a Telamaster. Put a .40 on it and it flew like a puppy. Excellant trainer.
I used to import the Telemaster range into Europe and fly them at the shows, until the the owners of the marque decided that they wanted to deal with all enquiries centrally. The Telemaster 40 was my favourite until the wing fell off and this happened. I still have the wing. Must build a new fuselage for it one day.

Name:	RIP T40 (1).jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2208242  
Old 04-02-2017, 10:41 PM
the pope

Good job there Tele ! Hearing that story reminds me of 1 of my own . At one stage ( not any more ) I used to enjoy doing real low passes . One day I went too low and before I even knew what was happening the wing was going one way and the fuz ( in a few pieces ) the other . The funny bit was while the fuz was still a few feet in the air I was still trying to fly it . Not with much success I might add . They certainly dont fly that well without a wing ! Cheers
Old 04-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Your story Pope reminds of what happened at my English club years ago. We'd had an influx of new members from a place called Kinver on the outskirts of the industrial Midlands. They had lost their flying field and were much more professional than us, turning up with great pots of stew or chilly to be consumed at lunchtime and flying every second of the time permitted which lead to several noise complaints. We country boys used to spend more time drinking tea and making fun of each other's efforts than we did actually flying! Amongst the Kinver fraternity was a young lad aged about fourteen who flew a large Spitfire. I went up to him and congratulated him on the extremely effective weathering he'd managed to replicate. He replied that he'd not done any weathering but that the model was simply very old!

Like you he used to enjoy low passes but as I said, the Kinver lot were very professional and he used to announce his low passes with"From the left" or "From the right" so that we would all be aware of the manouevre. One pass was so low that he broke the prop! Of course the engine stopped immediately and the Spitfire bell-landed on the WW2 asphalt adding yet more weathering to the model!

The Kinver lot left us as soon as they got their field back, except for one guy who had fallen in love with a local girl. He was the most skillful modeller and pilot I've ever met. He could fly both Mode 1 and Mode 2 and could start a four-stroke by hand! The couple are still together but he's given up aeromodelling for photography, her hobby!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.