Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 12:10 PM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Health insurance is a necessity that has become a money hungry pig that feeds on our wallets and is aided by the greed built into our capitalist society. Not the best system for sure, but no one has been able, Or maybe even willing to show us a better way.

What I can't tolerate is the lies and deceitful behavior perpetrated by some at the expense of others when they criticicize what has been done and offer no alterative and refuse to assist in the improvement of our society thereby making all to suffer...We need to stop lying to ourselves and going along with those that produce no good just because it is what my team wants. You know as well as I, if it does not make life better for all the people as best we can make it, then it is not any good at all.

At this time of the year we profess to celebrate Christmas So let us begin by acknowledgeing the truth, Santa Claus, money ,gifts, decorated trees and such is a Lie that diverts your mind from that truth. Let's not lie to ourselves (the worse lie of all)

One year old!

This is a surprise for me I did not realise until Telemaster mentioned how long this thread has been going.............All I can say is It has rewarded me with the honor of being associated with the best of the best wonderful people! and has accomplished much of that I hoped it would and I look forward to more.

YOU! Yes you have made this thread a total pleasure to be a part of. Your sharing with us Whether we agree or not is a fulfilling experience and has blessed us all. The shared knowledge is fantastic. But the inclusion of us into the fond memories of your past is incomparable and reaches the hearts of all.

It is fantastic how Love comes in all sizes, shapes and colors.

For whatever it is worth ..........My blessings to all.

Last edited by donnyman; 12-03-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:30 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+ 1 on that Donny

Cheers Bob T and GOD bless to all
Old 12-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Joe Fisher
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Merry Christmas to all I hope you all have a happy and joy full holiday season. Well I can almost walk now (ref. post 1687) with just a little assistance. I have Yellow Bird #3 ready to fly see posts 1740,1743,1797,1836 and 1856 except I have a bad "T" nut in the wing for a flap hing. So I have a small tap ordered and am hoping I can salvage it. I used to wonder why some one would build more than one copy of an airplane. Well I really like this its juts my stile. I built the first one in 2000 then #2 in 2008. I made stupid mistakes with those two I hope this one will last longer.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00379.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	2133835   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00380.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	2133836   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00381.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	2133837  
Old 12-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A MUCH HAPPIER NEW YEAR, I HOPE.
As far as medical insurance goes I've heard good things about OBAMACARE..... oh wait...... never mind.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:25 AM
rt3232

That is just the tip of the ice burg, as I was reading a few days back in a gov blog on the refugee thingy.
They are given housing, food stamps , a vehicle, medicaid, and for each man, woman, and child $2,000 a month, and we have our own people living in the streets. There is something a foul hear me thinks
The following users liked this post:
Believer (02-10-2021)
Old 12-04-2015, 06:22 AM
FlyerInOKC

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A MUCH HAPPIER NEW YEAR TO ALL! Joe, that's a good looking airplane! IS that Bright yellow or Cub Yellow? Its hard to tell on this monitor sometimes.

Mike
Old 12-04-2015, 08:48 AM
brner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos Murphy
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A MUCH HAPPIER NEW YEAR, I HOPE.
As far as medical insurance goes I've heard good things about OBAMACARE..... oh wait...... never mind.
Well Carlos, you most likely heard very good things about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too....but now Donny is telling us "it's all a lie"....damn, this growing up really sucks...(both physical and mentally)....Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.....
Old 12-04-2015, 09:11 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by rt3232
That is just the tip of the ice burg, as I was reading a few days back in a gov blog on the refugee thingy.
They are given housing, food stamps , a vehicle, medicaid, and for each man, woman, and child $2,000 a month, and we have our own people living in the streets. There is something a foul hear me thinks
If you feel that way about it who are you voting for? The so called Christian party in charge in Congress in favor of eliminating welfare so even more Americans can starve or are you demanding they do something to feed our American poor? The say well the private sector, churches, can do a better job and yest I don't know any church that isn't strap for cash. How are the charities going to feed them they all say they are overwhelmed and can't handle what they are doing now? We give multi billions of dollars in Corporate welfare because they say it will increase jobs but all I see is these companies slashing jobs and moving them over seas and their headquarters so they can pay even less. What is Congress doing to stop it? Nothing! It might stop the flow of money to their campaigns if they did. Why do something when they can can let Americans starve it easier to spout of on stuff and point the finger of blame somewhere else. They want to appeal Obamacare OK but where is the replacement? You ask for details and all you get is "Trust me my plan is better". Well in my book if you can't give details then you don't have a plan, it really is worse, or your a lair and a thief! Yeah, appeal Obamacare but first show me what you are going to replace it with and how it is better. I have a son who is a full time EMT (the first face you see when you say "Hold me beer and watch this!") and a Paramedic student and he hit over a half dozen insurance brokers and they all told him he would need to go to Obamacare to be able afford insurance on what he is paid. The company he work for doesn't off health coverage.

Sorry for the soapbox but I am so full of the crap the clown circus are spouting off in these so called debates there is not a real statesman in the bunch! We need another Reagan or even a Nixon, put aside Watergate and is miles above this lot of manure shoveling thieves. This bunch starts to make Sanders look good! They cry about the media and the gotcha questions well crybabies go home we don't need you wimps! Reagan, Nixon, Dole, Baker, McCain, and countless others didn't have a problem. Go home losers!
Old 12-04-2015, 12:30 PM
rt3232

OKC

All though I live in Minnesota I am NOT part of the Minnesota NICE group, that said +1 on what you said, and we need a whole new bunch of straight thinkers in the lead. that is why I don't do social media except with my kids and grand kids

We better get back to airplanes or the thread police will get us.

Cheers Bob T
Old 12-04-2015, 12:40 PM
FlyerInOKC

OKC
We better get back to airplanes or the thread police will get us.
Cheers Bob T
You're right on that one. Sometimes I just need to vent though.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:48 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

That is just the tip of the ice burg, as I was reading a few days back in a gov blog on the refugee thingy. They are given housing, food stamps , a vehicle, medicaid, and for each man, woman, and child $2,000 a month, and we have our own people living in the streets. There is something a foul here me thinks
It used to be that government was there to create orderliness, administer justice, and protect our nation against foreign aggressors. It was a responsibility of the people to provide benevolence. Many of the hospitals and universities were created by the people through their religious denominations, for example the Catholics, Presbyterians, Lutherans, United Methodists, Baptist, and etc. It was through the people that orphanages, and shelters came about.

Government does a very poor job of providing benevolence. The refugee crisis was created by dysfunctional governance or a lack thereof. People prefer to live in their own homelands. When that was threatened, they left, many fleeing for their lives. To end the refugee crisis, law and order needs to be re-established in their own homelands.

Problem is that our government has gotten so large, that no longer are the people controlling it, but rather it is assuming more and more control over the people. We haven't seen the last of it yet.
The following users liked this post:
Believer (02-10-2021)
Old 12-04-2015, 03:29 PM
rt3232

Yep and God help us if we don't get changed in the next elections

By the way have any of you rascals ever made a paint booth in you garage by draping .6 mil polly from the ceiling ? I may try it this winter if all goes well as I need to finish painting my G/S Corsair so it will be ready to fly in the spring

Cheers Bob T
Old 12-04-2015, 04:15 PM
tony0707

I am 71 years old ,flew U cotrol for 5 years in my teens ,a very modified Flight Streek was my choice , coverd in silk and dope ,flying RC glo for 23 years
See my Gallery here
Happy Landings ,
Best Regards ,Tony Lentini
Old 12-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Rocket-J
My Feedback: (1)

We could call this the Pre-RC erra Forum.
I built airplanes and boats from scratch in the early 50's. My boats would float better than my planes would fly.
My first flying aircraft were paper covered balsa with rubber band propelers. A long flight was 20 feet.
Living in Washinton State was perfect for boats of all sorts but the most fun was hand thrown boats that were thrown as had as we could up the irrigation ditch, They would bounch and skip or flip and then drift back to us at the Plank Brigde. This would last for hours looking for that perfect pass of maybe 50' to 100' if everything went well. I kept modifing the various hull shapes to achieve the perfect pass.
I call myself an original Drifter. The best hulls looked like what we now call tunnel hulls.
Untill recent years, pre 1970, nearly all my Planes were U-line and flew in copmetition with paper tails to chase and cut.
Most notable plane was a 15" wingspan twin engine scale of a Grumman Mohawk that I flew in in Vietnam. Yes it really flew, but inside a large military hanger, with no wind.
My avatar is a 1/8 scale Unlimited Hydro that I raced with the NAMBA RC Ulimited Hydroplane Club in Washington State, up unlit 1980.
It was stolen in 1981 and I have never seen it since.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
I am just staring to learn about Drift Cars. My Helicopters were not trainable.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Joe Fisher
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the group,Tony and Rocket-J. I like to here the old story's...
Old 12-05-2015, 05:21 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Well gentlemen

The last few days has produced quite interesting retort. It is refreshing to know many feel as I do about things, though others think if they ignore that which is not true it will just go away (that ain't the way it works)

Flyerinokc
I could add volumes to what you said. but we would all be chastised for it. None the less it needed to be said! Amen Brother!

If snide remarks about a situation is made with no solutions or improvements you become part of the the problem.

This country is not the best it could be but we do try. To sit silent and let others carry the load will get you what we have gotten in the past from some so called leaders. I will work with the leader that produces results and minimizes the gum flap.

I now rest my case I need to get back to my mustang and do some holiday shopping.

Tony and rocket-j WELCOME!
I like J. Fisher enjoy the stories too. You just made this thread better! again WELCOME!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2015, 04:54 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Originally Posted by Rocket-J
We could call this the Pre-RC erra Forum.
I built airplanes and boats from scratch in the early 50's. My boats would float better than my planes would fly.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
I am just staring to learn about Drift Cars. My Helicopters were not trainable.
I, too started building stick and tissue rubber powered planes as a kid. One time, I got the urge to build a boat and built a 16" sloop rigged sailboat. The maiden "sail" was during a vacation trip to Lake Michigan. Using my airplane experience as a guide, I set the sail fairly tight, put a little bend in the rudder (as on my planes, so they would circle and return) set the boat in the water with the wind blowing in my face, figuring that the wind would blow the boat back to me. I watched the boat sort of lean over with an angle into the wind and sail out straight as an arrow into the lake. A free flight plane would be called a "fly away" a boat would be a "sail away" guess. Never saw it again.

That's how I learned about tacking.

My trip down memory lane!
Old 12-05-2015, 07:55 PM
GallopingGhostler

Originally Posted by donnyman
This country is not the best it could be but we do try. To sit silent and let others carry the load will get you what we have gotten in the past from some so called leaders. I will work with the leader that produces results and minimizes the gum flap. I now rest my case I need to get back to my mustang and do some holiday shopping. Tony and rocket-j WELCOME! I like J. Fisher enjoy the stories too. You just made this thread better! again WELCOME!!!!!!
Amen and amen. To minimize the gum flap , I break out the sax.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3AjKxf7Rl4
Old 12-06-2015, 05:41 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Well from all that's written above all I can say is thank heavens for the British National Health Service and the French Mutuelle, though they both have their critics too.

Season's Greetings and Happy Landing s to all!

Don't know whether this will work but if so here's a brief musical distraction on Facebook.

Dave Davis 20151114 215902
Old 12-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Rocket-J

Now that you brought it up, I too love the Joy of Sax. As model builder I found buying, rebuilding and selling antique Saxopones filled the same "need to build" as does models. Over 100 Saxophones in the last 2+ years. Haven't conquered the RC installation yet. I think they call that a "Radio" control knob. LOL.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0265.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	2134267   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0267.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	2134268  
Old 12-06-2015, 01:39 PM
trainermaster80
My Feedback: (5)

yes i have be sure to wear a resperator mask. that over spray fumes will get ya! Frankie
trainermaster80 SPRAY BOOTH IN GARAGE
Old 12-06-2015, 04:56 PM
spaceworm

Originally Posted by trainermaster80
yes i have be sure to wear a resperator mask. that over spray fumes will get ya! Frankie
trainermaster80 SPRAY BOOTH IN GARAGE
AND!! Make sure you do not have any source of ignition in the same area you are painting. I was spraying in my basement and filled the air with fumes. Then I realized my oil burner furnace was in the same space. Fortunately it was summer so no mishap. If it were winter and the furnace had come on -- BOOM. Also applies to light switches and maybe the air compressor power switch. Just a friendly caution about an almost event.

Sincerely, Richard
Old 12-06-2015, 05:12 PM
GallopingGhostler

Originally Posted by Rocket-J
Now that you brought it up, I too love the Joy of Sax. As model builder I found buying, rebuilding and selling antique Saxopones filled the same "need to build" as does models. Over 100 Saxophones in the last 2+ years. Haven't conquered the RC installation yet. I think they call that a "Radio" control knob. LOL.
Neat. Is that an old King bari? You do your own clear coating? Looks like you have a few motorcycle helmets on the rack, too. An interesting find is that quite of few of those who engage in our hobby also are musicians and motorcycle riders. Some have their own band.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:54 AM
FlyerInOKC

Nice gallery tony0707!
Old 12-07-2015, 07:00 AM
Rocket-J

No clear coats on Silver Saxophones. There are all Buescher 1925-1930. The photo makes them look shinier than in real life. But silver polishes up very nice. Then use Rennaisance Wax
to keep the tarnish away.
Been racing and riding for 50+ years. And lived through it all. How about these new RC Motorcycles. Can you believe them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.