Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

SNOW POLL !!!! How Much Ya Got ????

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.
View Poll Results: How much Snow ya got ?
couple inches
19.35%
few inches
12.90%
six or more
9.68%
twelve or more
35.48%
SNOWMAGEDON , TAKE ME TO SOMEWHERE WARM NOW !!!
22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

SNOW POLL !!!! How Much Ya Got ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:25 PM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CESSNA 421
St Louis got a whopping 1-1/2 inches of snow on Wednesday afternoon and it again paralyzed the city. I was behind an older person and he was driving a small car, on just wet streets not slick, death grip on the wheel doing 5 mph. I felt sorry for him, but he and others that have his same mentality about snow should stay home and not venture out until summer.
We got about the same here but it didn't stick except in the shaded parts. I put down a little chemical on the front sidewalk and it dried up over night. Good thing too cause it is freezing here. It's going down to 17 tonight and they say we will only get up to 35 tomorrow and 16 on Saturday with strong winds. Still waiting for global warming.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:10 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Ok east coast people , here's your chance to let all in the RC Universe know how much snow you got from this latest storm . It's said the DC area will get the most , a couple of feet , but don't be shy , even if ya got a wee six incher you can post it up for a chuckle or two ....
we got 29 inches official at BWI airport. What a pain it was.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:30 AM
FrozenLakeRC

Low Temperature for Saturday, February 13, 2016(as received by 7 am EST February 13)-33 at Embarrass, MN - i live near here ! BRRR!

Old 02-13-2016, 09:31 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mattster1971
we got 29 inches official at BWI airport. What a pain it was.
Hi Matt , I'll bet it was a PIA ! Anytime you get much over 2 feet it's tough to find places to put it all . Last winter the snow piles were SO big at the end of my driveway that I had to actually get out to verify no cars were coming , and then jump in and go before anyone came down the street . This year ? We've got barely 1 1/2 feet for the entire season so far ! The weather people credit "El Nino" for the lack of snow here and the only ones I feel sad for are the plow drivers and ski resorts that aren't making any money . Sure is nice to see a dry driveway in February , that's for sure .

Originally Posted by FrozenLakeRC

Low Temperature for Saturday, February 13, 2016(as received by 7 am EST February 13)-33 at Embarrass, MN - i live near here ! BRRR!

Hey Frozen lake , perfect user name for this weekend , huh ? We here in Massachusetts east coast are supposed to go down to possibly 4 below actual with - 35 wind chill , but - 33 actual ? Damn that's colder than a wife's stare when ya pinch her sister's butt !
Old 02-13-2016, 09:48 AM
FrozenLakeRC

yea -33 actual i think the ice is safe to walk on now lol - its going to warm up tomorrow to 20 but then we get snow with the warmup lol i have lived here 40 years im used to it
Old 02-13-2016, 08:25 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we flew today at 68 degrees-I wish it would snow here-tomorrow is suppose to be around 79 degrees -a little windy today around Houston
Old 02-15-2016, 12:50 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Talking about 50 degrees here on Friday
Old 02-15-2016, 03:05 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Float Fly??
Old 02-16-2016, 04:58 PM
jcstalls
My Feedback: (7)

I feel Grateful that I have not needed to use my snow shovel at all this past fall and current winter.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:07 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jcstalls
I feel Grateful that I have not needed to use my snow shovel at all this past fall and current winter.

I would be grateful if I could get by with only a snow shovel. LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	m_009.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	2147854  
Old 02-17-2016, 05:18 AM
init4fun

That's what my driveway looked like last year !

And since my grocery getter isn't quite as tall as Tom's is , I wasn't kidding earlier when I said I had to get out to verify nothing was coming down the street before leaving my driveway . This year I have bare pavement , I can see the (frozen) lawn , and I haven't run the snowblower twice ....
Old 02-17-2016, 12:08 PM
topspin

That's what my driveway looked like last year !

And since my grocery getter isn't quite as tall as Tom's is , I wasn't kidding earlier when I said I had to get out to verify nothing was coming down the street before leaving my driveway . This year I have bare pavement , I can see the (frozen) lawn , and I haven't run the snowblower twice ....
Nice ride Init4fun. So please show us the one wearing the spoiler.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:36 PM
init4fun

My summer car , I know a lot of folks disparage mid 1980s cars , but by 1989* I believe Pontiac got the bodylines of the Firebird to the point of being as good as it was going to get . by 91 they had put the really ugly rubber nose on them and it was all downhill into the fourth generation from there . This Firebird has barely 80K miles , never had a spot of rust , and has had all of it's rubber "soft parts" replaced . About the only ugly on the car is the delaminating fiberglass wing , which I keep saying I'll replace but haven't gotten round to it yet

* The third generation of the Firebird ran 10 years , from 1982 to 1992 , 1993's major redesign becoming the fourth gen . Pontiac killed production in 2002 due to slumping sales and GM is said to be shopping licensing deals around for the name to the various racing outlets .
Old 02-17-2016, 12:54 PM
topspin

My summer car , I know a lot of folks disparage mid 1980s cars , but by 1989* I believe Pontiac got the bodylines of the Firebird to the point of being as good as it was going to get . by 91 they had put the really ugly rubber nose on them and it was all downhill into the fourth generation from there . This Firebird has barely 80K miles , never had a spot of rust , and has had all of it's rubber "soft parts" replaced . About the only ugly on the car is the delaminating fiberglass wing , which I keep saying I'll replace but haven't gotten round to it yet

* The third generation of the Firebird ran 10 years , from 1982 to 1992 , 1993's major redesign becoming the fourth gen . Pontiac killed production in 2002 due to slumping sales and GM is said to be shopping licensing deals around for the name to the various racing outlets .
That is a beauty. I don't blame you for keeping it garaged in the winter, I wouldn't let salt and road chemicals anywhere near it. It's too bad GM killed off Pontiac, they screwed up in my book. I just watched the Barrett Jackson auction and Pontiacs were bringing some pretty high prices, especially the Firebirds.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:46 PM
init4fun

So you want to see Firebirds worth a stupid amount of money ?

This is 100% factual ;

In 1989 , for the 20th anniversary of Pontiac sponsoring the Trans Am racing series , Pontiac built and sold to the public 5000 limited edition Firebirds unlike any other . For these special cars , which brand new cost 3 times the price of a base model , they equipped the car with the Buick Grand National 3.8 liter turbocharged drivetrain and the car was named simply "TTA" , for Turbo Trans Am . Well , this car , three times the price of a base model but only 2/3 the cost of a well equipped Corvette , was faster than the Corvette in any offered powertrain configuration ! The boys of Bowling Green went to GM corporate , furious , that the lowly Firebird should be faster than their top tier sportscar , and the GM subdivisions had to clear their powertrain offerings with "the men upstairs" from that point forward .

Go to Barret Jackson or mecum websites and type in "TTA" and you'll find good condition examples selling between 40 and 60 thousand dollars , not a bad chunk of change for a factory Vette killer
Old 02-17-2016, 01:48 PM
init4fun

PS , sadly , NO , init4fun's car is NOT a TTA , just a humble base model with all the "convienence" options (A/C , power windows , etc)