Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Gasser to electric conversion chart? >

Gasser to electric conversion chart?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Gasser to electric conversion chart?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gasser to electric conversion chart?

If this is the wrong section, please let me know and I'll delete and move.

I have picked up the plans for a 1/6 scale Cessna Skymaster. It recommends in the plans to use a Saito 300 twin or equivalent for power.

After reading a lot on the twins, I think I'm more interested in going brushless. I cannot seem to find a comparison chart between a 50cc twin gasser and a comparable brushless motor.

I will need to double check, but I believe it said the prop was going to be a 20x10 or 22x10 front and rear. I would love to go 3 blade and make the plane into a Riley Super Rocket 337, but finding push and pull 3 blade 20 or 22 inch props is a challenge.

Anyway, anyone know what brushless motor and ESC to drive 2 of them would fit my bill here?

Thank you all in advance.
Old 02-22-2021, 06:17 PM

Really? Over 100 views and nobody knows of a gas to brushless comparison resource?
Old 02-25-2021, 03:08 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Sorry. I would try and talk you into a good gas motor if we talked face to face but that's not what you ask. I hope you get your answers. The moderator of this section could move your question to one the electric pages if you ask.

David
Old 02-25-2021, 06:59 PM

David, what engines would you recommend then? The plans say to use a Saitco 300 Twin in the front and a Saitco 130 Twin in the rear.

So what would be a modern equivalent (doesn't have to be a twin, just the same power output and RPM capabilities)?
Old 02-26-2021, 07:17 AM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Valley View RC makes twins in 30,40,50,60 and 70cc. They are also great to deal with and will drill your props for free. I don't know the specs you want for your "push me pull me". But surely there is a good combination in those choices.

David
Old 02-26-2021, 10:30 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

All you have to do to find what you need is to do a search that includes the cc equivalent you are looking for and the word brushless.
The following users liked this post:
Mickey_D (03-03-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Collins
All you have to do to find what you need is to do a search that includes the cc equivalent you are looking for and the word brushless.
Now THIS is the epitome of what I was looking for!!!

Thank you Steve. I had no idea that was how easy the search terms were LOL In 30 seconds I found 9 motors that will fit my bill exactly.

Thank you for the info Dave. If I decide to stick with gas power, I will make good use of your info. But being a Navy trained electronics technician, brushless is much more comfortable to me.