Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Can you COmbat with Heli's

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Can you COmbat with Heli's

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Tommy Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you COmbat with Heli's

Can you have War between helicopters Gas or Electric (talking about remote controlled Helicopters not REAL HELICOPTERS). Meaning can you somehow attach rockets (safe firwork rockets, not BLOW up and BOOM rockets), and attach them to your Helicopter. That would be cool if they do, if they do what kind of fireworks can you attach to the Helicopter...... ROman CAndles or something.-

ALso what is better, A gas or Electric helicopters!!
- thank you

Old 03-14-2003, 12:58 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Ahh, another one asking.....

Suprisingly, it is in no way reccomended or encouraged, to have projectiles shooting out of / out from / off an RC vehicle. It is also not reccomended to use something as 'roman candles' shooting off an RC vehicle, as this may lead to a fire.

The simplisity is, that these projectiles cannot be controlled in any way, and run a very hi risk of damaging something / somneone.

Let's not even start with possible repair costs, and potiential damages occred from the damaged RC vehicle plummeting to earth, in whatever last tragectory it was following...

Don't!!

Hey guys, how fast would rotor blades come flying at you, and how far would they travel if the were to 'suddently' disconnect' from the rotor head? Assuming the heli is in a 6' hover?

But, to answer your quesiton, yes, you can do combat with helis. Might be a little more fun, considering the manoverability of the heli.

I say this ONLY WITH THE INTENT that a light emmiting shot, and a light recieving sensor be used, to ENSURE THAT NO DAMAGE WILL OCCUR to the vehicle, the enviroment, pride, cars, sheep, cows, etc....

There is combat in our hobby, but it is done in a safe manner, with strikt rules governing the aspect.

That should be your question: What is a safe way to simulate combat with Helis?

(Sorry , my boss jsut had a word with me, so I'm a little ....)
Old 03-14-2003, 01:41 PM
tabb

Tommy Boy!
Not to rain on your parade, I too would think it would be cool to shoot combat projectiles. The fact of the matter is that it is a big NO! NO! in the hobby industry . AMA Safety code does not allow this type of activity (explosives / fireworks / projectiles.) Let alone fellow modelers. I am not sure that you realize this but these models can have speeds of up to 200+ miles per hour, (in most cases without malfunction controllable) now add in pyrotechnics. This is a formula for disaster for sure . Please go to the Ama website at www.modelaircraft.org to read the Safety code for the dos and don't of model aircraft.

Barry
Old 03-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Tommy Boy

haha yea I now understand that you can't shoot projectiles and such at each others Helis.... I was laughing at what all ya'll have said and such with blades and repairs on a helicopter crashing to the ground becuase it got shot down. I now UNERSTAND ITS NOT SAFE and I guess I will just have to play shooting combat on Playtation 2...... also whats better gas or electric helicopters ....what kind should I get if I am a beginer. HELp me ouat on thhis