Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

rcbabes

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 08:51 PM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MHawker

My opinion of the site isn't the issue. It had a link to a future model in rc(if you call em babes) with nude pic's. Prolly just a slip up, but thats what happened's with these type's of site's. When it all started I thought it harmless, but, some of our brother's just couldn't let it go and decided to start posting pic's of there, our ,your, own choices of RC BABES. Then that wasn't enough and random pic's of girlfriend's , wives, or other's were just posted in poses not even remotely rc related. Thats when it became apparent and not a question to me that it was heading in the wrong direction. I'm no prude, nor do I make or enforce the rules of this forum, but, it's apparent for now, that this type of site will cause problem's in RCU just my 25 cents worth Buz^
Old 11-22-2002, 08:54 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rcbabes

I was clear to Ted that no links out to explicit material would be allowed. He said he cleaned them all up and understands if he wants to link out from RCU that those are the guidelines...if he wants nudity or anything else it's fine too but in that case would not be allowed any links originating from RCU if such were the case.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:53 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Default rcbabes

Buz,

Totally with you there!

Mike
Old 11-23-2002, 01:16 AM
CHobbyHorse1

Default rcbabes

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mark for his honesty, fairness, and time. His efforts in running a good site is appreciated.
Old 11-23-2002, 02:46 AM
Monarch97

Default rcbabes

From now on, all underwear will be white.

And it will be worn on the outside.

So we can check.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:40 AM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Default rcbabes

I understand that the powers that be at RCU are trying to keep the site clean. In general I think enforcing obscenity censorship is a lost cause, one person may find something obscene while another will find it beautiful. Regardless, I have no problem with RCU not allowing a link they think might impact their wholesome image. However, I find it ironic that there is plenty of full frontal nudity right here at RCU anyway.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...316&forumid=34]
Old 11-23-2002, 08:53 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default rcbabes

It's somewhat apparent who has read old issues of RCModeler in the 70's and 80's, as well as several other publications around that era. Every month there was a beautiful lady pictured with a very nice plane. Sometimes(alot of times) for a while it seemed every cover was bikini shot. I've got most of them(all from 1982 on). Eventually it did get more conservative, but nevertheless there was alot of "skin" shots on fronts of RC mags back then.
To each is own, and I have respect for how this place runs, and abide by what the rules state.
I have pics of my daughter posing with several different planes, and I'm very proud to show them off when there's an opportunity, all of them done in very good taste, and I wouldn't hesitate as they are very family friendly.

Point here is though...my how times change. :stupid:
Old 11-23-2002, 04:58 PM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rcbabes

Quote:
"We just don't need it!!!! "

Isn't it nice someone thinks he knows what we need ?
Better yet he presumes to speak FOR us.
Or maybe he is French and can't spell oui .
Old 11-23-2002, 05:01 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rcbabes

While everyones definition of obscenity will vary there are some basic guidelines in US society that apply more then they do not apply shall we say. As for topless women or full nudity it is probably completely not offensive to those outside the US in many areas where nudity is not taboo at all. It's a cultural thing. This is RC "Universe" and as such we don't cater to just the USA but to the whole world on the internet. What I do try to do is keep the site RC related and minimize any offensive content to the widest part of our audience. 100% of the people will never be satisfied but that is always going to be the case...in general we will keep RCU clean, family oriented and tasteful as it can possibly be. On that note I'm going to put this thread to bed...