Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

O'Brien Hobby experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Mike545

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O'Brien Hobby experience

I agree with doug, give the guy a shot, to fix things that were not in his control. Im staying with his business, i trust him. We need to keep small business in business. He always gave me email replys promply. And tried and keeps tring to make me a satified customer, and no im not getting paid to say this. i think people should just chill out.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Camco

I am sorry my english is not very well, but I can only say that O'Briens have difficult time about what time i Doug wrote my this :
Hello,

The Customs # for your shipment is CJ26955133US

YOu can punch that # into your postal website. This # will only be active once the package reaches your customs department in Denmark.

Thank you for the bad rating you gave us, You know in the future you may want to give someone more than 4 hours to respond to your goddam email!

The Baja was shipped on Januray 4th, that was a friday. shipping take 10-14 days (NOT INCLUDING WEEKENDS!!!!!!!!) plus 3-7 days in customs

So,today is only day number 11 for shipping! Please allow up to another 3 days for it to enter your customs deparment. Then 3-7 days for delivery.

Sorry it takes so long, I DONT MAKE THE RULES!

And try finding another shop who is willing to undervalue and mark the package as gift, WE DID THIS TO HELP YOU!!!!!!!!! SAVE CUSTOMS AND TAXES FEES!

and yes I give him 4 hours to answer my mail that day before I call by phone, BUT the mail I have send him 15 day before with the same req. a tracking number to my shipment. he never give my any reply on, so to day I have sendt him an new mail with attn: Ted, and wrote unless somthing happens very fast I will get my money back via Visa, also here him send my a not valid tracking number, whit only 12 letters and number insteat of 13, and kan I get at valid one ???????
Old 01-23-2008, 03:56 PM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet another happy customer..Congratulations Camco, you've just been "O'Briened!"
Old 01-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

ORIGINAL: BeltCH

I'm sure not trying to say that you are silly or overly demanding in any way! I'm saying that:
1) Consumers has become accustomed to getting competitive prices, cheap shipping, fast service and excellent communication
2) The big guys do all that
3) It's VERY hard to compete with the big guys
4) The Internet allows us access to information far more readily than ever before - NOBODY has a closed market. There is no more "Only Shop in Town"
5) When you don't deliver, word gets out.

I'd be mad as all getout, too!
Let's say it's true that there are only several of us with legitimate complaints and it's really not O'briens fault. Why not do WHATEVER it takes to insure those customers complete satifisfaction. It may cost the company a few hundred bucks but at least this thread wouldn't exist and current customers wouldn't come here, in the worse place possible, looking for Doug to answer their email. That can't be good for business. O'brien is the only company I know of that customers had to REMIND them to send their stuff weeks after they paid for it. They have a problem that should've been addressed IMMEDIATELY after their FIRST complaint long ago. Maybe they satifsy enough customers to stay afloat but dealing with them is like playing Russian roulette.

No company, without sufficient funds, can jump right in and compete with the big dogs in terms of profit but they can in price and customer service. They may lose money at first, but getting and keeping the customers is the first order of business, profit WILL come LATER.
I agree. When was the last time you saw a post about Tower not taking care of a customer? And there's no way that I'd deal internationally as a small hobby shop - just too many difficulties for such a small gain in sales.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:52 PM
BeltCH

ORIGINAL: Camco

I am sorry my english is not very well, but ...
Camco, you're english is better than Dougs french.

Doug, I wasn't going to do it but I just can't resist.
So here's a little salt to rub in your wound.

SUMMARY OF MY ORDER OVER TWO MONTHS AFTER PLACED:
11/21/07 - Ordered 6 servos
12/1/07 - Received 4 servos (10 days later)
12/2/07 - Emailed about shortage
12/3/07 - Received apology and promised shipment plus a free complimentary servo.
12/21/07 - Inquired about status - NO REPLY
12/27/07 - Second attempt requesting reply and received a "IN THE MAIL(PRIORITY)" reply (priority mail takes 2, maximum 3 days).
1/9/08 - Still nothing. Refund requested and supposedly issued
1/23/08 - TWO WEEKS LATER AND STILL NO REFUND!

E-mail from Doug on Jan. 11, 2008 states:

And the refund was given two days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were not trying to screw you out of your money damnt!

A refund takes 1-3 days to post. Check it with your credit card company! The refund hasnt even been debited from our bank yet!

DOUG

In response to:

You promised a refund TWO days ago. You PROVED ME right!!

Why don't you just do the right thing. I am an old lady living on a meager Social Security allowance, this amount of money is of great value to me.

(Anonymus)

Doug's copious use of exclaimation points and damnation really show his true professionalism.
That was two weeks ago and he is now ignoring her emails so she gave him a bad RCU store rating. Fair enough?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:02 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: Camco

I am sorry my english is not very well, but ...
Camco, you're english is better than Dougs french.

Doug, I wasn't going to do it but I just can't resist.
So here's a little salt to rub in your wound.

SUMMARY OF MY ORDER OVER TWO MONTHS AFTER PLACED:
11/21/07 - Ordered 6 servos
12/1/07 - Received 4 servos (10 days later)
12/2/07 - Emailed about shortage
12/3/07 - Received apology and promised shipment plus a free complimentary servo.
12/21/07 - Inquired about status - NO REPLY
12/27/07 - Second attempt requesting reply and received a "IN THE MAIL(PRIORITY)" reply (priority mail takes 2, maximum 3 days).
1/9/08 - Still nothing. Refund requested and supposedly issued
1/23/08 - TWO WEEKS LATER AND STILL NO REFUND!

E-mail from Doug on Jan. 11, 2008 states:

And the refund was given two days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were not trying to screw you out of your money damnt!

A refund takes 1-3 days to post. Check it with your credit card company! The refund hasnt even been debited from our bank yet!

DOUG

In response to:

You promised a refund TWO days ago. You PROVED ME right!!

Why don't you just do the right thing. I am an old lady living on a meager Social Security allowance, this amount of money is of great value to me.

(Anonymus)

Doug's copious use of exclaimation points and damnation really show his true professionalism.
That was two weeks ago and he is now ignoring her emails so she gave him a bad RCU store rating. Fair enough?

Oh I don't know... this looks very much like the exact same time and promises given to me almost exactly a year ago! I did manage to get his attention, and my money back when I cancelled his DOUBLE CHARGE AGAINST MY CREDIT CARD... contrary to his requests, saying he had already refunded it... He hadn't, and the bank proved me right, i've got the paper work to prove it. Was even informed by the bank that because I had documented the second charge immediately , and had requested it returned, and was refused on that request by the merchandiser, that I was within my rights to contact the states attorneys office. Since almost immediately afterward my other servos finally showed, I didn't follow through. But I would HEARTILY suggest that anyone getting bent over by this guy who can file charges.... Do so! Immediately, and with 'great enthusiasm!' Sorry 'Doug' but after all the crap i've seen you write in this now 13 page thread, including everything from "it's in the mail, it's not my fault, it's the USPS, I refunded your money..." ad nauseum, You need to find a different line of work! BTW, whatever happened to the promised Servo Programmer? I've still got the emails, if you'd like to read them!

... and to anyone wondering if this is the only thread regard O'Briens... it's not... I saw to that! some aren't as active, and I know that Doug hasn't found all many of them, but they're out there, and almost all of them read like this one....

Old 01-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Laggard

Never did get my charger, though I did get a refund. I don't believe it was shipped. However, I don't believe that was done intentionally. Rather it was a mistake and a sign that O'briens needs to tighten up their fulfillment process.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:21 PM
BeltCH

WOW! [X(] It appears that lately, O'Brien is robbing more people than ever. How can the authorities ignore so many complaints? Check the link below.
Doug, in case you you didn't get my girlfriends email warning (the one you're ignoring): WE'RE NOT GOING AWAY. It only gets worse [>:] ...BTW, STILL no refund... but you know that.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/merchratin...nt_id=10371412
Old 02-09-2008, 01:00 AM
juvaknin

i'm waiting for my Refund or pack..
Doug, take care of it Please..
Old 02-09-2008, 06:30 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: juvaknin

You are STILL waiting!![:'(]
Old 02-09-2008, 08:53 AM
dmcmike

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

You are STILL waiting!![:'(]
And he's still got the brass to put ads on here!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=365758

Old 02-09-2008, 11:03 AM
juvaknin

i should get it on monday.. hope everything will come ok at the end....
Old 02-09-2008, 06:25 PM
BeltCH

Doug gave me a refund on Jan. 9 so mine should show up soon also.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:42 PM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all these negative posts about O'Briens, I am surprised that no one has actually visited their shop. I would not surprise me if this wasn't a big ponzi scheme where they take the funds offered and pay off earlier promises. That's why we get strung a long for such a long time. I'd be interested to hear from ANYBODY that has actually set foot in their shop. I'll bet their isn't one.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:41 PM
cubberus2

Anyone have a phone # for O'Brien Hobbies ? I've been waiting a month for my order and I've emailed four times and no response.All I have is a conformation that they've recieved my order.Nothing else shows on the UPS link.Can't wait to check and see if they've double-billed me.Serious customer service(if you can call it that)issues.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Josey Wales

I gotsta know---did you get anything yet ?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 PM
xlamontx

ORIGINAL: scalenut52

Our phone # is 603-434-5004.

11am=5pm Eastern time

Doug

This is the number I used a while back to check my order status. I hope it helps. XLX
Old 02-13-2008, 12:36 AM
BeltCH

Information from the Better Business Bureau:

Customer Contact: Douglas Wayne - (603) 490-7655

The BBB has requested basic information from this company. The BBB has not received a response.

Delivery Issues
Unpursuable - The company cannot be located or is out of business.

Company cannot be located.

Refund or Exchange Issues
No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Camco

ORIGINAL: cubberus2

Anyone have a phone # for O'Brien Hobbies ? I've been waiting a month for my order and I've emailed four times and no response.All I have is a conformation that they've recieved my order.Nothing else shows on the UPS link.Can't wait to check and see if they've double-billed me.Serious customer service(if you can call it that)issues.
I finely got my order, at the 25 of janaury I went to my bank to get them to claim my money back, and after that I wrote an e-mail to Doug, to tell him what I have done and I canceled my order. NOW I get his attention, in the next few hours I got 4 mails back from him, and at the of the same week I got at new mail from Doug where he ask why I did not take my pack, but at time UPS have been at my home I was out, and I did not look i my mailbox when I got home, the mailman have been there for the day . But I get in thuchn whit UPS by mail, and I get my pack next monday, funny thing is Dou have claim many times since 4 of january that they have sendt my pack, but at the paper comes along whit my pack, I can see that is was first shipped at 30 of janaury, so as I have said too Doug at lot of times he is full of lies and what he does, is in my contry an act of crime, how ever I got pack and I'll never do buisness with him again.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:12 PM
juvaknin

I gotsta know---did you get anything yet ?
[:@] NO! didn't got anything...
i'm not going to break my head again with it.... i wrote e-mail that if i'll not get e-mail or "good answers" with my $$ or products.. i'm going myself to my CreditCard company and put International Clame of using my $$ without getting my Order.....
i'm myself made that before.. and it's working Great... they will charge him to pay from is own-bank...
i don't have time again to "Play" 3 monthsssssss.... it's going to be "Now or Nothing".. i know i'll get my $$ Back.. i have Great CreditCard Company.. [8D] i'll update...
Ohhh and another thing about me and my Family my brother working with cooperation in USA about "frauds peoples/bussnises.."
i'm not that bad to use his connections... but this time of order... i'm not going to give up... sorry......
(it's really really not a threat, i'm only keep my options to use next...)
(Doug, if you Read this.. i send you another and another e-mail on the last days..)
Old 02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Josey Wales

I cant wait to hear the excuse this time
Old 02-13-2008, 08:34 PM
cubberus2

Ok, FOUR tries and absolutely no response.It's been over a month.Calling the BB tomorrow to file a complaint , then calling my credit card company.I emailed O'Brien to tell them as such.Don't care for excuses (if I get any)now.Would never do business there again and will help spread the word about this bum.Amazing that he has a business at all.Shamefull.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:10 PM
juvaknin

I cant wait to hear the excuse this time
There was no exuse this time... just didn't got any answers (this day also..)
calling CreditCard Company... Thanks.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:20 AM
dmcmike

starting to look like O'briens has actually gotten worse in their service, instead of better.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:19 PM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I wish I would have read all of this prior to sending them $1300.00 for a 12ZAP. I am not going to say anything bad about the service yet, the communication via E-mail has been very good with fast response, but I am very suspect.... The only thing to report was I wanted the 12Z overnighted and I made sure to get my order in early and ensured my CC was in the loop for the upccoming purchase... They said they did not ship out the same day because "waiting for the CC to clear", which I find very odd indeed. *the first I knew about the delay was at checkout invoice!* So if you buy from them just make sure that they really don't offer any kind of overnight shipping becuase of the "cc to clear" delay. I can understand to a extent but... The funny thing that I don't understand is I don't have a tracking number yet but a offer to change the shipping from overnight to ground, don't you need a tracking number for that? I was also unaware that you change the shipping method once it left the shipper? Doug did write that he will credit my account for the differrence in overnight to ground. We will see.

I am not trying to bad mouth them and I would like for this to be a positive post, but with all the previous post I am very nervous about the transaction and would like to keep you guys informed good and bad. I just hope that my controller is actually on the way and not being thrown around somewhere. I value my $1300.00 spent!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.