Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

O'Brien Hobby experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:30 PM
juvaknin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O'Brien Hobby experience

Got my Refund today.....
my case is closed............ all my "debts" with obrien are finished....

good luck everyone.. i'm finished here.. wish the best for everyone!
see ya guys....[8D]
Old 02-15-2008, 07:15 PM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Tracking number was sent so it is a good sign and the Doug said the shipping refund was sent.... I am sure it will take a couple of days to process but I will check about Tuesday and call them to see if they show any refund sent? The only problem I have would be the fact that he needed to get another tracking number and it will be sent out this weekend. If it was already shipped?.... I hope the transmitter arrives in good shape? So far so good though I the contact, Doug has responded to all my E-mails in quick order. i will let you guys know when I get the package and refund.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:33 PM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Transmitter showed up today, no problems and right on schedule with the ground service after changing from overnight. The transmitter was packaged well and UPS actually covered the package with plastic bag, raining today. I jumped the gun and did not give them time to get everything in order and I am at fault for that. As it stands I will use them again if they have something I need and I won't have a problem with it. I think I read all the posts here and got nervous when thing seemed to go the way of the other post. Lessoned learned for me.....to be a little more patient. Overall good communications from Doug eventhough things got a little heated in some E-mails. I will use them again, I have no reason to judge. Take care.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:23 AM
arbcj

wow!!!

man oh man!!

i am almost speechless after reading this thread. i don't even know where to start. i had to get a piece of paper about 5-6 pages into this and start keeping notes. these are some of the things i wrote down:
distributor problems
shipper problems
packages lost at usps behind a cabinet
4 major snowstorms
3 major storms
1 ice storm
phones and internet out numerous times
shipped the wrong parts
shipped partial orders
double charges
false shipping numbers
ups problems
usps problems

i got one of my own to add. lost e-mail!! hold on a second...... roflmao

ok i'm better.

geez, now here's a business with some problems to say the least. worse than anything is this thread goes back over a year and we still have problems. man i wish i'd have seen this before i placed my order with them. at the rate this guy is going, i'd have to agree with his assessment that big companies like tower will soon rule the r/c world. at least i've never been yanked around by tower....
well my order is almost 30 days old at this point, thankfully it isn't a large amount of money. it appears maybe i just haven't given the new england postal service enough time to get my package out, or maybe there's been a snowstorm, or maybe the plague has broke out in new hampshire, or it could be that my package fell down behind my mailmans seat in his truck, or maybe a german u-boat torpedoed the airplane bringing my order and space aliens beamed my package up before the plane crashed and my order is on it's way to some other planet to be analyzed by their top scientists the so that they might produce rc cars for their pleasure.
i keep picturing the scene in the blues brothers movie of john belushi down on his knees in the sewer giving that long list of excuses to his girlfriend of why he dumped her at the altar on their wedding day!! oh well, i guess it's wait and see.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:55 AM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: arbcj

i keep picturing the scene in the blues brothers movie of john belushi down on his knees in the sewer giving that long list of excuses to his girlfriend of why he dumped her at the altar on their wedding day!! oh well, i guess it's wait and see.
isn't that the one where belushi ended up singing jailhouse rock in the slammer..... That IS a fitting comparison!

Old 03-04-2008, 08:11 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

arbcj--Thank you!!!!! Your post had ME roflmao! Finally something worthwhile out of O'Briens.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:48 AM
spoiler-man
My Feedback: (1)

Well I gues that I should have read this also, I sent in an order on Feb. 13th and to date have not received anything. I e-mailed them yesterday about the status of the order with no reply as of yet. I guess to get the best prices you have to wait forever for your order. I will try to call them today since I found a phone number on here. Good luck to all the rest and I am keeping my fingers crossed at this time. Kenny
Old 03-07-2008, 08:02 AM
spoiler-man

Called Obrien's on Tuesday March 4th, they said that my order had not shipped and that they were sorry for the problem. They said that they would ship that afternoon by USPS next day and gave me a tracking #. On Thursday I received my package as promised.
Thanks Obrien Hobbies for doing what you said. Maybe they just need to look into some software changes in their system that alerts them when products have not shipped after a couple of days. I really don't believe that they intend to screw people out of money, just a few problems.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:20 PM
BeltCH

ORIGINAL: spoiler-man

... Maybe they just need to look into some software changes in their system that alerts them when products have not shipped after a couple of days. I really don't believe that they intend to screw people out of money, just a few problems.
Nope, as with others, I've been outright lied to more than once. Doug knows I haven't received my refund and still won't do anything about it.

Don't be fooled... he's a shyster.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:39 AM
arbcj

i must give credit where credit is due, my order did arrive last saturday and with my order was some bonus items for my inconvienence. i can now close the book on my o'briens experience.
here's some facts about my order. it took 30 days, and approximately 10 e-mails to pry some results. i was told that my e-mails were lost, never recieved, or went into the junk mail folder. i was told the usps lost my order.
about the usps losing so many of their orders. i find it hard to believe this is what is happening. i have no doubt that other businesses use the local postal service up there, and if there was such a problem with the local usps, the problem would be well known locally, and i doubt businesses would endure such shoddy service for this long without having done something about it. o'brien's would not be the only business encountering this problem. these things are the kind of things that severely tarnish a businesses reputation, and could put some out of business. it wouldn't take long, for sure not over one year, before somebody will be gathering local business owners together and presenting a united front to the postal service to demand improvemnets to the service.
now if this isn't truly the case, let's say for some reason there's a vindictive postal employee singling out o'briens, stealing, stopping, or losing their orders, i would say by now there have been enough complaints and evidence that o'brien's should do something about it. at the very least, new hampshire is a pretty densely populated state, drive over to the next town and use the postal services there. apparently you've had enough experience with the local postal operation to know that those people are ruining your businesses reputation, yet they continue to use them. doesn't make sense to me, so despite the fact i have my order, despite the fact i even got some freebies to go with it, o'briens is still irresponsible by continuing to use a postal service that they blame for all these problems seemingly without doing anything to correct it. as such i have placed my first and last order with them. as a customer i can care less about reasons and excuses, i only want to see results. if a vendor i use knows theres a shipping problem, yet does nothing about it, it matters little to me about free stuff. i don't order from places hoping i get free stuff because my order had problems, all i ask is i get the things i bought, nothing more, nothing less, and i get them in a reasonable time period.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Simple solution for anyone that wishes to place an order with O'Brian's. Use a credit card. DO NOT use Paypal, DO NOT use a debit card. Paypal MIGHT back up the deal and credit back your account, but don't hold your breath. Use a debit card and you have no recourse at all. Even worse, it's possible to have a dollar lock on your account up to double the purchase amount. There are no rules or regs in place that requires debit card issuers to do anything after transferring payment. You input the number and it's a done deal forever. No checks, no money orders. Those are pieces of paper that say I hereby give you the money and from here I'm on my own.

Use a credit card and you can call the credit company within a couple of weeks or so of the transaction. I've gone as far as 5 months from the purchase date on a specialty item and still "unwound" the deal after reporting that the order was never received. With a credit card you have things you can do to recover your money. With any other means you really don't have anywhere to go.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:46 PM
ebbtide

Hi, everybody

Well i hope i just didn't get taken, I ordered a Goat combo from O'Brien Hobby 3/5 my card was charged 3/6 and was told by Doug it will ship on 3/8 express mail. And i will get 3/10 or 3/11 at the latest,
Well its 3/12 no goat so i call Doug back today and ask him to send another goat out via fed-ex 2nd day which he agreed to do and he gave me a tracking # but it to early to track so guess wait till the end of the day to see if he comes through for me. I will update tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: ebbtide

Hi, everybody

Well i hope i just didn't get taken, I ordered a Goat combo from O'Brien Hobby 3/5 my card was charged 3/6 and was told by Doug it will ship on 3/8 express mail. And i will get 3/10 or 3/11 at the latest,
Well its 3/12 no goat so i call Doug back today and ask him to send another goat out via fed-ex 2nd day which he agreed to do and he gave me a tracking # but it to early to track so guess wait till the end of the day to see if he comes through for me. I will update tomorrow.
Sorry, but what is a "goat combo"?
Old 03-12-2008, 02:15 PM
ebbtide

Here ya go.

The Goat Crawler Brushless System includes the Novak Goat Crawler Brushless/Brush ESC factory wired to a sensored, 18.5-turn Crawler Sintered Brushless Motor. Like other Novak brushless systems, the Goat Crawler Brushless System includes everything straight out-of-the-box for world-class performance. The Goat ESC is a sophisticated programmable speed control that features four drive profiles, a rugged BEC, Zero Reverse Delay and a water-resistant case. Designed and assembled by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally-sourced components.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:20 PM
bruce88123

Hmmmmm.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:00 PM
bruce88123

What's odd is that Scalenut 52 (the O'Briens owner) was just on here and had no comments to make. Not even an apology. I guess he's given up too.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:07 PM
ebbtide

Well i hope he comes through for me, It was a rocky start with the MIA express mail package. So well see if it works out. I don't want to be negative but some of these post are making me a little nervous.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

?????"using globally-sourced components" ?????
Old 03-12-2008, 03:14 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: Pat Roy

?????"using globally-sourced components" ?????

Sounds like China-kote to me......
Old 03-12-2008, 03:22 PM
oze30

I've just joined and found this. I'm still waiting for an order to arrive to the UK and no joy on a tracking number or anything. I have had previous communication sayign that my order would cost more in shipping than the parts did, So i kindly thanked hima nd bought more stuff. That was on the 3rd of Feb (You use a different date system) 03/02/08 and I have tried contacting them via email as to the tracking number and it's where abouts from 2 different accounts in case one didn't work. Still no joy and I'm getting really antsy about it all. I ordered parts from another source and it arrived in 8 days from payment.

So USPS is not to blame!

Where is my package???
Old 03-12-2008, 03:27 PM
ebbtide

They say the Crawler 18.5 Sintered Brushless Motor are designed, hand-wound and dyno-tested by Novak experts in Irvine, Calif. And the ESC is designed and assembled by Novak in Irvine, California using globally-sourced components.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:29 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: oze30

I've just joined and found this. I'm still waiting for an order to arrive to the UK and no joy on a tracking number or anything. I have had previous communication sayign that my order would cost more in shipping than the parts did, So i kindly thanked hima nd bought more stuff. That was on the 3rd of Feb (You use a different date system) 03/02/08 and I have tried contacting them via email as to the tracking number and it's where abouts from 2 different accounts in case one didn't work. Still no joy and I'm getting really antsy about it all. I ordered parts from another source and it arrived in 8 days from payment.

So USPS is not to blame!

Where is my package???
We use Feb in OUR date system too, as well as 3rd.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Dr Crash

Hi all

This Is the whole story couple of months back it think early nov, 2007 I ordered some servos from. Obriens hobby worth USD 400, I got a tracking no, since then I've not gotten the stuff, the shipping was insured, i tracking has not changed ever since, I gave Doug an adress in the US saying if he can't re ship to India send it in the US. That dint happen now I asked him for a refund , he said its flashed on my CC it never showed up in my credit card.

After that I have sent him crazy amount of emails and he just won't respond, I've had it and I really want to inform everyone about it... PLs be weary of the guy. You never know what lies behind great prices...

All I want is my money or the stuff I ordered. I'm not asking for any extra goodies....

Also if you are reading this Doug PLs respond to my mails, I can file a case against you here in India. I hate to come here in Public and write all this but you left me with no choice.

Sawan

[email protected]
Old 03-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Laggard

He can blame UPS, Fed Ex, DHL, USPS till the cows come home but there is no one to blame but himself for the lack of returned e-mails.

I never did get the charger I ordered 2.5 months ago. I at least got a refund. He claims it was sent but I don't believe it.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Dr Crash

Point is I do t get a proper reason why he can't re ship or refund. Forget that I don't get a single reply to my endless mails.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.