Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

O'Brien Hobby experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:06 AM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O'Brien Hobby experience

Experience..!?!? I would say 'ordeal' may be a better term. and now O'Briens is threatening legal action... that's rich! Just do a 'better business bureau' search on 'em. nothing like an earned reputation.

I promised him over a year ago that i'd warn everyone about dealing with this fool. some of the threads on other sites have slowed dramatically, but every once in a while they get bumped back to the top. And i have received emails from some people who were thinking of dealing with o'briens but didn't due to this or other threads, thanking me for the warning.

If the guy would provide the level of service he says he does, he'd have a great business going. He's got some good prices, but the service (or lack thereof) adds at least 50% to the price of anything he's offering.

and it's amazing to me that I've never received a letter from his 'attourney' (sp)! He didn't give you the lawyers name, did he?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 AM
faquer

coming soon my visit to the store...........
Old 05-09-2008, 12:07 PM
dmcmike

ORIGINAL: faquer

coming soon my visit to the store...........

hmmm... any chance of getting the '60 minutes' crew to go with you? Maybe even Heraldo?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Scalenut52

Hello,

If anyone has anything to say to us, say it, questions, in****s , whatever, let me have em here right now, you can come up to the store if you really wish, but dont expect to speak with me, first of all our local store and mail order and stock facilities are not inm the same location. This occassional bashing from a few of you members is getting way old. You do not see new complaints popping up all over the place do you, no. With the exception of mr . caccia in Horseheads NY. His was the past a few back. Come up to the store if you wish, thats fine, how McMike, i dont know if 60min is gonna come up, sorry.

I will say what i said almst two months ago, we will have switched 90% of our shipping to Fedex. A month ago we did, we've thus far shipped 1,143 packages via all different fedex service and we have had NOT ONE problem. not even a delay. As for Mr Caccia in Horseheads NY, a 3 and 1/2 drive from us, we shipped it Priority Mail thinking it would make it fine, becuase in all the problems we had previously with USPS, almost all of them lay past New England, not in New England itself. Within 1-3 days of the day that Mr Caccia order was shipped , packages were elivered via USPS to Vermont, Massachusetts and Connecticut and even 3 to NY via Priority Mail no problem.

But in light of the problem with Mr. Caccia shipment, we are suspending all USPS shipment and going 100% Fedex. Even if it is right down the street from us. No matter what the cost difference. As it has been said all throught this post, we can not afford to have problems like this and get the bad rep that we have on this post.

And it has worked, it may please some of you to know, every week we get questioned about this forum from new customers, but I have to be honest , 9 times out of 10 once i explain the entire situation, I still get the order. Right now we ship on the avergae of 250 per week, if we were intentionally not shipping orders, Posts would be POURING on to this page, but they are not.

As for an explantion for all the problems we've had or from the point of view of certian memebers posting to this forum , the problems you think we have made up, i have still gotten no explanation. And to this current date, over $4K in merchandise has gone missing and I have received and or are waiting for insurance reimbursement.

Again I told you I would eat my words if post started flying on here after we switched to Fedex, THEY ARNET, so there ya go

As for Mr . Caccia, I would like to issue a public appology right here for your order for not shipping it Fedex, like we should have, that is 100% our fault.

DOUG
Old 05-09-2008, 01:37 PM
dmcmike

first there was this...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5767651

and then....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6923257

heard it all before. still not impressed, not when I place an order with Tower on Tuesday, receive the package on Thursday, via USPS.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Scalenut52

Hey Mike

Not tryin to impress ya. Order with Tower, thats fine. Im not trying to get you to place an order with me, the remarks over and over agian are getting a little old thats all.

Doug
Old 05-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Prairie Mike

Jeez, I wouldn't place an order with this clown. No way! Why is it that he is the only one to have problems with UPS, USPS or the Pony Express for that matter?
why didn't he answer e-mails & phone calls.
Only conclusion is that he is running a ponzi scheme or at best, doesn't give a crap about customer service. Sounded like once he got your money he wouldn't give it back.
He claims that complaints have slowed probably his orders have also. (one can only hope)
Glad I haven't ordered anything from the rotton bum.
And if you want to threaten legal action, you jerk, bring it!!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Prairie Mike

that was a little harsh wasn't it.
Sometimes when people don't do what they should, it gets my dander up.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:03 PM
heyop

http://shopping.yahoo.com/merchratin...nt_id=10371412 NUFF SAID[:'(]
Old 05-19-2008, 06:39 PM
BeltCH

Still no refund...
Old 05-19-2008, 09:33 PM
cubberus2

Order placed on 04/27 and have yet to recieve a confirmation.Two emails asking for a confirmation or,better yet,the merchandise have as yet gone unanswered.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Desert Toad

Hey cubberus2,

Think your the first one to experience this! [:@][:'(][sm=48_48.gif]

Easy to beat everyone else's prices if you don't deliver the goods!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:06 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

amazing............this thread has been up for months, and yet people still get riffled...............don't you guys check the seller ratings?
it's obvious this outfit is not up to par with places like Tower, Chief Aircraft,etc,etc.....so why bother?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:03 AM
dmcmike

well we know that his internet connection works, so I would assume his email works, so why hasn't he (scalenut52) answered the emails? Guess he wants to keep this thread on top!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Scalenut52

Hello cubberus2

I assume that you are Mr. David Griffith??? That is the only order I have from IL on 4/27. If this is Mr Griffith, you had ordered a Special Hobby 1/48 Plastic Model Kit. On 4/27 we received the order, on 4/28 you were emailed to : ([email protected] ) informing you that this particualr kit was out of stock with both us and distributors. THerefore we were unable to fill the order at that time. We also asked in the same email if you wanted to backorder the item as it was due around May 14th into us at the store (last week and it is in stock now). We did not hear a response back. We then got an email from you a little over a week later asking for order status, we then forwarded a copy of the 4/28 email. No response. So we closed the order figuring you did not want to backorder the kit.

WE NEVER CHARGED YOUR CREDIT CARD.

Doug

O'Brien Hobbies
Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 PM
heyop

Well at least I got lucky and my credit card was refunded. Thanks Obriens or was it my call to the credit card[X(]

http://shopping.yahoo.com/merchratin...nt_id=10371412 You reap what you sow!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:48 PM
cubberus2

OK, but never recieved any of your emails.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:18 AM
dmcmike

ORIGINAL: cubberus2

because they were never sent
Old 05-21-2008, 08:42 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mcmike

ORIGINAL: cubberus2

because they were never sent
You don't KNOW that. Come on now, maybe the Post Office lost them too. Or maybe the cable/phone company did it.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:05 AM
cubberus2

Nope,nothing in the spam file and nothing was deleted.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Scalenut52

GET A LIFE GUYS! We didnt even charge this mans card, what is the problem?
Old 05-21-2008, 12:02 PM
dmcmike

nothing wrong with not charging him at all.... just the same old song and dance regarding communications. You know, keeping the customer informed of what's going on. Confirming the receipt of the order, the status of the merchandise (whether in stock or backorder), along with a confirmed and trackable shipping date. Nothing out of the ordinary there that any customer wouldn't expect or any merchant wouldn't provide.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Camco

What's wrong ? If you don't see your self, I sorry for you, because I have all the paper needed too show how big lies you komme up with one time after another, and if you like it I can easely copy all my e-mail correspondence with you and show it to here at RC Universe.Where I live we do not charge a creditcard before the orders has been shipped, and I know for at fact that all other stores I have get involved with in USA they do like we do at my country, so take you together, grow up and be a man.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:30 PM
bigbuster
My Feedback: (12)

Scalenut52, I quess you are Doug from Obriens, I placed 3 orders withyou and got the first one and the third after lots of emails but the second is yet to come
even though you promised to ship actually you had said you would ship 2 and 3 together and as I said I got order # 3 but # 2 is still missing. A few posts back you said you had solved all the outstanding issues. Not true I am still waiting. I have tried to be nice and not yell and scream but enough is enough. Where is my $H1T? Here are some of your comments. It crazy that someone/a customer has to go through all this to get his/her merchandise that has been paid for for atleast 6 months.

Hi Jeff
I am sending the other items today, Im sorry , I was under the impression you had received that order

Date: Monday, April 21, 2008, 5:42 AM

Hi Jeff

I am reshipping both orders today as one.

DOUG

Jeff

Old 06-17-2008, 02:53 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Doug, I looked up a couple of words you obviously need to learn the meaning of. Doing my best to help YOU out.

truth
–noun
1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
4. the state or character of being true.
5. actuality or actual existence.
6. an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.
7. honesty; integrity; truthfulness.
8. (often initial capital letter) ideal or fundamental reality apart from and transcending perceived experience: the basic truths of life.
9. agreement with a standard or original.
10. accuracy, as of position or adjustment.
11. Archaic. fidelity or constancy.
—Idiom12. in truth, in reality; in fact; actually: In truth, moral decay hastened the decline of the Roman Empire.

hon·es·ty
–noun
1. the quality or fact of being honest; uprightness and fairness.
2. truthfulness, sincerity, or frankness.
3. freedom from deceit or fraud.
4. Botany. a plant, Lunaria annua, of the mustard family, having clusters of purple flowers and semitransparent, satiny pods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.