Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

O'Brien Hobby experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Redwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O'Brien Hobby experience

Guys I feel for you. I have earlier posts on this threadabout my problems with these peopl and finally got my plane. I thought by the STORY they were telling they had gotten things turned around but I guess not.

If they keep up this pattern of jacking people around they at the end loose business. The best thing to do is warn people to stay away.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

I consider myself lucky I got my money back...I see things haven't changed
Old 05-26-2007, 12:55 PM
jwest21

Nothing in todays mail....
Old 05-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Redwings

Doug you must run a business like a business and communicate coreect information to your customers. If you have no customers you have no business.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:12 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do know that when I order something it will be promply shipped. O'Brien will NOT be seeing any business from me. Proven to be unreliable. Sorry Doug, you had your second chance. You should have stuck with UPS or FedEx Ground. At least you could prove it wasn't YOUR fault then.

btw - Doug logged in again on 5/25 but remains quiet.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:03 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

I eventually got all the stuff I ordered, but I'm not sure the $32 I saved was worth the effort and time. I did not need the servos right away, but still two months and gobs of phone calls and emails, and wondering if I was getting ripped off is not worth it. I even contacted some local clubs in his area to see what kind of business they ran, but got no response. I don't think O'Briens is patently crooked, but how can you run a business like that. Redwings is right--if this is a mail order business, losing customers is the result of poor performance. Good luck to all that are waiting for their shipment.

Greg
Old 05-29-2007, 02:18 PM
jwest21

nothing today either
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Josey Wales

WOW!....I wonder what the excuse will be this time....
Old 05-29-2007, 02:36 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

".... I don't understand, it's in the mail... oh those nasty post office people...."

With the hassle I've had, along with others that have been and are being documented in this thread, I don't know why anyone would bother with ordering anything from them.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:16 PM
jwest21

Once again, nothing in the mail.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Josey Wales

[:'(][:'(]

That is freekin ridiculous...I would let RCU know about this maybe they should suspend him from doing business in the marketplace until he gets his act together..
Old 05-30-2007, 02:32 PM
jwest21

I did the transaction through Ebay, so that probably wouldn't do. Frankly, I just want my stuff or my money and then to forget about this. I called at 3:25 and was told someone would have to call me back and it would be within the next 30 minutes. So I wait some more
Old 05-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Josey Wales

Even so I would still let RCU know..maybe they could put some pressure on this guy so you either get your stuff or money...

This wont make you feel any better but I had to wait over 3 months for my money...[:@]
Old 05-30-2007, 02:37 PM
jwest21

Mine has been since February 17th. Technically the stuff I ordered is not R/C related. I just stumbled across this while searching for a contact for O'Briens. you guys have been a help too, so I am glad I found this
Old 05-30-2007, 02:41 PM
bruce88123

IMO it would be out of line for RCU to get involved unless the purchase was based upon an RCU ad or placed through RCU in some manner. It would be the same (worse actually) as having your big brother fight all your battles for you. He's not the one who got in trouble and neither is RCU.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Josey Wales

Well I disagree...Reason being is I know for a FACT that other RCU members have contacted them about this particular company and the "old" ownership WAS in fact banned from the Marketplace for this kind of thing......Anyway its not our decision how he decides to handle it..I just hope he doesn't have to wait another 2 months..
Old 05-30-2007, 03:00 PM
FlyingGreg

After not receivng my order for 2 months I started the claims process thru PayPal and RCU. PayPal dismissed it after I spent a fair amount of time filling in forms and giving my side of the dispute claiming that these situations are mostly "he said, he said" and that I would stand a better chance of working directly with the vendor, Obrien. RCU washed their hands quickly since it was not a transaction from their marketplace--no way to leave any feed back. I resorted to the phone and ultimately received my order. I don't think RCU is interested in involving themselves in this kind of a dispute. This forum is probably the best place to aire our greivances and sound off. Too bad Scalenut52 isn't participating.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:02 PM
jwest21

The way I planned on handling this was to post here since Doug was active in this thread, bring my problem to his attention and solve it (ideally getting O'Brien's to be better with customer service). I did get a phone number for them here and had personal contact, but as of yet it is still resolved. If this fails, I plan to turn them over to www.IC3.gov. That involves my local police department and their local police. Maybe that will get things done, maybe not. But I don't really want to go too far outside that plan and I don't want to turn this into a vandetta. I just want the stuff I paid for, which isn't too much to ask for.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:05 PM
FlyingGreg

I agree jwest--expecting what you paid for is not unreasonable. I am not familiar with IC3. Keep us posted.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:07 PM
jwest21

I will. It's been 30 minutes and no phone call yet
Old 05-30-2007, 03:19 PM
jwest21

I just got an email from the owner Teddy who apologized and promised that my item and a bonus item would be UPS'd out immediately via next day mail. I hope this is it!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Josey Wales

ORIGINAL: jwest21

I just got an email from the owner Teddy who apologized and promised that my item and a bonus item would be UPS'd out immediately via next day mail. I hope this is it!
Well thats good news! Is "Teddy" the new owner ? What happened to Doug ?
Old 05-30-2007, 03:22 PM
FlyingGreg

He included two 6" servo extensions in my order. It beats a sharp stick in the eye, but I would have preferred getting my stull in a timely manner without all the BS.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:27 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: jwest21

You don't UPS via mail. One is Fereral government and the other is a corporate business. Hopefully this is just a mistake in words. Wonder what happened to last weeks shipment?
Old 05-30-2007, 03:29 PM
jwest21

Yeah, that is my mistake in typing....been a long day- he sent it UPS Next Day Air. I just got a tracking number from Ted. This is looking good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.