Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Fly outside the U.S. ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:36 PM
anonymouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly outside the U.S. ?

I see alot of posts from all over the world and am curious as to the controling body in regards to your R/C flying. Could you e-mail me some info in regards to that? Are you required to join an organization, have insurance, is it public or government run? Would appreciate any response. Thanks Cliff
Old 04-30-2007, 09:27 PM
aussiesteve

Default RE: Fly outside the U.S. ?

Hi Cliff
I just replied to your e-mail on this subject.
I forgot to add that I've flown in the US and think you guys are some of the luckiest in the world. You have a great organising body called the AMA that has common sense rules and regulations and can act as a voice to represent this great sport. I would encourage anyone to look at the AMA example if they wish to improve their own organisations.

Also the excellent quality of all of the clubs that I visited whilst I was there (Mostly in Texas) and the quality of the people is a memory that I hold dear to my heart.

If only I had the choice of the wide variety of products that you guys have available on most of the LHS shelves in Australia (my home country) my flying and model quality would hav eprogressed much faster than it has.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:54 AM
jpmodels

Canada: MAAC

MAAC and AMA acknowledge each others memberships. You can fly here. I can fly there.

JP
Old 05-02-2007, 09:33 PM
anonymouse

I should know that....Have a fellow come down from B.C. each year for the Evergreen Scale Masters Qualifier. Assume MAAC is closer to AMA than BMFA or MAAA.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:31 AM
AlphaWhisky

Down here in New Zealand our model aircraft hobby (not just r/c) is controlled by NZMAA. Our hobby is tiny compared with USA - my guess a little over 5000 licenced modellers nationally. Because of the small size, most serious modellers know, or know of, their relevant various executive members personally.

We travel around the countryside attending the various competitions, rallies , etc and run into them irregularly and are thus able to bend a few ears personally if there is the requirement.

The NZMAA also operates a separate news group where individuals can swap all manner of notes among interested parties as well - it all works out very well.

Although small, our members regularly compete overseas and mostly equit themselves well.

Have a look at www.nzmaa.org.nz

Alan W
Old 05-03-2007, 06:03 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's a free-for-all over here. there are a few nice club run sites that require membership but i avoid those like the plague. like many others i much prefer the informal sites like abandoned roads, agricultural fields and industrial parks.

dave