Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Our club had our annual Open House

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Our club had our annual Open House

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 09:01 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Our club had our annual Open House

Last Saturday, June 16th, our club, the Atlantic County NJ Skyblazers, had our first open house at one of our fields, Riverbend.

Riverbend is county property, and we are required by the county to have some sort of public invitational open house. The reason is to show the county residents how county property is being used.

So, we had an open house, and it was well received. We had many club members participate by bringing their aircraft along for both flying and static displays. We had food and soft drinks, free to anyone that came. We also had several trainer aircraft set up with buddy boxes and our club AMA Intro Pilots on hand to provide some training to prospective RC flyers.

All in all, it was a great day.

The local county-wide newspaper, The Current, as well as the Press of Atlantic City showed up and took pictures, interviewed both pilots and visitors and put a pretty good spread in the papers for us.

If you are interested, go to this link www.shorenewstoday.com/eht and you can see the pictures taken by the reporters for the Current newspaper.

Dick Soucy, President, AC SkyBlazers.
www.ac-skyblazers.org

Old 06-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Our club had our annual Open House

Outstanding! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 06-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great PR job for modeling. Well Done!!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:18 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!!
Old 06-23-2007, 06:25 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Gentlemen. It was fun hosting it and having all the guests that we did. It will now become a scheduled annual event.

What was nice about it was that all disciplines were there and everybody flew. which was an ulterior goal of mine. You see, we have two fields. The helicopter people generally use one and the fixed wing people usually use the other. This is not by design, it's just the way it works out. So, it was heartening to have all members together and enjoying the comradery and the flying (not to mention the burgers and hot dogs and soft drinks the club provided!!! )

It was a great day for all and especially for RC in Atlantic County, NJ.

Dick Soucy, President, Atlantic County, NJ Skyblazers.