Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Products experience

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Goldberg Products experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:00 PM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Goldberg Products experience

This is not about their kits, ARFs or otherwise. This is about the almost non-exsistance of service from this company as well as their parent company: Lanier.
I spent nearly a month trying to purchase a replacement canopy for my Tiger 2. I first attempted to order from their suppposed online order system but the website order system does not work. So then I made call after call to a supposed phone number only to get no answer. Last week at our club meeting, I remarked about my problem and was told to call Lanier. I made 6 or more calls each time getting either a busy signal or no answer at all.
Finally yesterday, I made it through to a real live person, who only works part time to answer their phone calls. That means you may only get through at only the time she is there to answer your phone call!
Is this any way to run a business?????!!!
When there is so much competition for the hobbyists dollars, one would think that Lanier/Goldberg would be on top of things. Obviously they ain't!
One would almost belive that company is on their last legs and ready to go belly up.
I for one no longer plan to purchase anymore Goldberg or Lanier kits if their service is that lousy.
Oh, I almost forgot: The Goldberg site lists the canopy for $6.95, I was charged 12.95 plus 12.00 for UPS shipping.
What the hell!
What a joke that company is.
If they go out of business, it will obviously be their own fault.
You can't run a company like that with little or no customer service and charge excessive fees as well.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Products experience

Hate to tell ya this, but both have been this way for a good many years and both keep going strong. As long as people keep buying and there's no reason for them to change.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:53 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Yup, had the same experience in 1994 when buying a canopy for a Tiger, and again in 2004 when getting a canopy set for an Eagle.

They havn't changed.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 PM
cutaway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Goldberg site lists the canopy for $6.95, I was charged 12.95

Since you ordered online and it shipped UPS, you can't file a mail fraud complaint. However, a fraud complaint could be sent to your state attorney general office.

I always try to use the US Mail for some aspect of a transaction because that leaves open the option of a mail fraud complaint.

I won an eBay auction years ago with a winning bid of $0.01 and the seller wanted $10.00 to ship what should have been an ounce or two package (so they were making their cut by heavily inflating shipping). Nothing ever arrived and I filed a mail fraud complaint with the Post Office. After being contacted by the postal inspectors, the seller refunded my $10.01. I was rather amazed they even bothered with such a small amount, but they did. It took a few months to play out start to finish, but play out to the end it did.