Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Thin walls warping!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 07:18 PM
sharkman99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thin walls warping!

This seems like the last issue I have with trying to print out plane parts. Everytime I print a part, the thin walls warp. WTH! I feel like I've tried everything. I have an enclosure, I have a direct drive extruder, I'm using S3D, My walls are printing at .4 with a .4 nozzle. I have tried with cooling, 20% all the way to 100%. I have a very controlled temperature in my chamber. This happens with PLA, ABS, PETG. The only thing it hasn't really happened with is the carbon fiber filaments I've tried, both nylon and polypropylene. But the carbon fiber results are not very smooth like the other filaments and they are 2 to 4 times as expensive. Anyone got any ideas, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Also, the warping I am talking about is not vertical with the plate, but horizontal to the build plate. The outside walls that end up with hills and valleys. This is driving me nuts. Also, I have tried the extruder from high to low values along with the build plate.

Thank you,
Respectfully,
sharkman.
Old 09-24-2023, 07:32 AM
sharkman99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry. Here are a few photos to help with what I am dealing with. The blue wing is with Hatchbox transparent blue and the gray wing part is with MatterHackers ABS Pro. Both are ABS. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. The MH ABS Pro looks like it warped a bit less on the surface. The HB is very pronounced at the wing tip.

Thank You,
Respectfully,
sharkman.