Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Found another family U Control. >

Found another family U Control.

Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Found another family U Control.

Old 12-23-2023, 03:53 AM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Found another family U Control.

Hey guys and gals Merry Christmas.! Met another great company Okey aAir Model Products. Itís a family business, sells UControl parts, nice handles, flying wires that are set up and ready to use. Prices are reasonable. So many model businesses did not survive Covid. Thought you guys would like to know AJ
Old 01-05-2024, 05:46 AM
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't hear any good of Okie Air. Many complain of non delivery on orders placed. What's been your experience?

Originally Posted by AJ Sun
Hey guys and gals Merry Christmas.! Met another great company Okey aAir Model Products. Itís a family business, sells UControl parts, nice handles, flying wires that are set up and ready to use. Prices are reasonable. So many model businesses did not survive Covid. Thought you guys would like to know AJ
Old 01-05-2024, 07:31 AM

Default Orientation Air.

My first question to you Do you fly the Circle? You sound ARF RC
finding any one that supplies UControl Items is a chore that ranges in reasonable prices. Brodak. Is a good supplier shipps quickley. You find alot of used and new stuff on E Bay. Okie Air is a family run Company. With very fair prices. Hobby shops are a joke when it comes to U Control. Tho several.Items Cross over to the hobby. In answer to your question No I haven't recieved any of the items I ordered. I did order just before Christmas and most of it went into a back order in production. Maybe thirty to sixty days. I agreed to that. And was told he is a one man shop. And have spoke to a few other U Control flyers that say if your not in a hurry he has fair prices and nice U Control items. All hand made and prepared. You apply the finish on all his handles. One of the Brodak handles I ordered the finish came off in my sweaty hand first flight. I plan to.use EP420 clear varnish, I totally stripped that handle and coated it with the Polyfibre EP420. YOU ADJUST ADAPT AND MODIFY. AJ.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:48 AM
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AJ my friend,
Your are so wrong about me being an ARF RC guy. Does earning 1st place Intermediate stunt at the NATS in 2022 count for anything? Back on topic.....
I KNOW the troubles he has in filling orders. Good luck with yours.

Bye Bye

\
Originally Posted by AJ Sun
My first question to you Do you fly the Circle? You sound ARF RC
finding any one that supplies UControl Items is a chore that ranges in reasonable prices. Brodak. Is a good supplier shipps quickley. You find alot of used and new stuff on E Bay. Okie Air is a family run Company. With very fair prices. Hobby shops are a joke when it comes to U Control. Tho several.Items Cross over to the hobby. In answer to your question No I haven't recieved any of the items I ordered. I did order just before Christmas and most of it went into a back order in production. Maybe thirty to sixty days. I agreed to that. And was told he is a one man shop. And have spoke to a few other U Control flyers that say if your not in a hurry he has fair prices and nice U Control items. All hand made and prepared. You apply the finish on all his handles. One of the Brodak handles I ordered the finish came off in my sweaty hand first flight. I plan to.use EP420 clear varnish, I totally stripped that handle and coated it with the Polyfibre EP420. YOU ADJUST ADAPT AND MODIFY. AJ.
The following users liked this post:
AJ Sun (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 01:17 PM

I ain’t even close to that! I fly old time Stunt have been in the Circle sense I was 9 YO. Did RC for twenty years never a compediter in anything, just not my bag. Did you have a bad experience with Okie Air? A few years ago I guy in .grandJunction Colorado took me for almost a grand. So they are out there maybe I found another one, just my luck. Think I hit a nerve with my RC comment. Congratulations on your awardAJ

I guess I should tell you that I Own a55 Ford F-100 and belong to a local car club. Four of us Fly the Circle, but only two are active. One of the guys is an modelEngine guy. But two of the flyers have ordered from Okie Air, when they lived in Tulsa Oklahoma, now retired in Granbury. Looked at his Bio Handle hard point It really fit my hand. Having Arthritis my hand needs a thicker handle now. The two handles I bought from Brodak I modified to fit my hand, like the Okie handle. Like I said us old F,,,T adjust
, adapt and modify AJ

Last edited by AJ Sun; 01-05-2024 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Past experience.
Old 01-07-2024, 04:10 PM

Well just got notification my first order shipped. On Saturday maybe getting it by Thursday USPS. Originally he posted it for 60 to 90 days. He beat that. Did an inquire on my second order, nothing yet on that. Glad to here it’s for a new handle on my Brodak Bi Slob. Went to 55 foot .015 lines and a different handle.
AJ.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:55 AM

Well that handle arrived it’s Hard point and it’s bare wood very nice hand grip and it fits my hand like a glove. I plan to disassemble it and clear EP 420 Poly fiber two part Varnish. Right now weather is not cooperating. Lots of wind and moisture. Nice part about that all the leaves are gone, no raking this year. Okie Air did fine. Same deal my second order is in the works 60 to 90 days! AJ.
Old 05-22-2024, 06:56 AM

Well I guess you guys were right about four months ago I ordered a Bias handle and a set of 58’ lines and a few other small parts. He called me a couple times and said my order was in the mail. He never cashed my check so far. But Now he will not return my calls. Only takes messages. He might know a Don Carlson he is out of grand Junction Colorado. I lost $950 in 2022 from that guy. Another flyer thought he knew Don. Really disappointed in Russel I thought he was a good guy and. Credit to our hobby.AJ