Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

17th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

17th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 03:21 PM
jcralley

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 17th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon

This time of year the 2024 calendars are being filled in!

You need to mark the 1st weekend in October for a wonderful Control Line Event!
The "Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon.!"

What you do is fly a Ringmaster during the 1st Weekend of October. You can fly anywhere! There are no fees or prizes __ Just the satisfaction of participating in the biggest Control Line Fun-Fly in the world. Hundreds of pilots will be flying Ringmasters and thousands of flights will be put up! The data are collected on the website and a final tally is published when it has all been collected!

I have a website that covers the event: www.ringmasterflyathon.com
I also have a Facebook Group: "Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon"
See the 2023 Fly-A-Thon Final Tally at the website (or download the file that is attached here)! Pilots put up anywhere form 1 to hundreds of flights!
It is all about promoting and enjoying our hobby of Control Line Flying.

Visit the website and see what you have been missing!

I really hope to see your reported flights next October and in the meantime get a Ringmaster (s) ready for the Fly-A-Thon!!

John Cralley, For the Annual Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon

The following users liked this post:
AJ Sun (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 04:50 AM
AJ Sun

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Ut oh I had the dates wrong. 5th and 6th, of October 2024 I’ve been trying to find a club in my area that will participate, but so far nobody has posted. I under stand possibly Seguin Texas, that’s south of me about five hours. Nice get out of town trip and do a little circle flying. Burn up some nitro at 28 percent Caster. I need to have at least two Ringmaster planes ready my S-1 and S-6. Wish some body would post on this, so far not much interest in my area! AJ
Old 02-05-2024, 01:34 PM
AJ Sun

Was looking at the tally from last year 2023 and their was some participation from a Dallas Club that flew on a farm around Canton Texas. Nothing comes up when I googled the address. Surprised the Tulsa gluedobbers was also not in the Talley. Still got lots of time maybe I will get some hits! Hope so. AJ
Old 02-06-2024, 02:30 PM
jcralley

A J, Contact Dee Rice down in Houston to link up with a great bunch of flyers. Here is the 2022 tally with their information.

AJ Sun (02-07-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 09:39 AM
AJ Sun

Hi JC I tried to Email him but my system reported spam. And we can’t connect. Maybe you could give him my Email [email protected] and we could back course it. See if that would work. I went thru the 2023 log of flights and seen Houston. That was the first attempt at contacting them. We have family up in Arkansas Mena. Another Club in South Arkansas also participated in 2023. Thanks JC for your post.AJ
Old 02-08-2024, 11:26 AM
AJ Sun

Well back to my Old I pad still trying to get into the Brotherhood, but it keeps reporting spam and kicks me out. What gives? What am I doing wrong? My I pad is very out dated. And I can’t get any G mail, but I can thru my flat phone. Still very confused about the Brotherhood. John in Illinois posted the FlyOthon
. Only thing I can find out is that the Brotherhood is in Arizona. Posting about the love of RingMasters. Is that correct? AJ
Old 02-09-2024, 04:53 PM
AJ Sun

J Cralley how can I get on The Brotherhood of the Ring. been trying every avenue,but keep coming up empty.AJ
Old 02-12-2024, 05:05 PM
AJ Sun

J Cralley, I received a Email and I guess the Brotherhood of the Ring, selects who they want, and I was voted out I guess. Not a big deal, fine with me. I still plan to participate in the FlyO thon in October. AJ
Old 02-15-2024, 07:12 AM
AJ Sun

JCralley I can’t connect with Dee in Houston comes up as a bad address. I’ve been told The Brotherhood of the ring is looking for much younger applicants to keep the Brotherhood of the ring solvent. I understand that, but when you inquire about the Brotherhood it comes up as Boxing and real-estate. And several other Brotherhood instutions. AJ.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:03 PM
AJ Sun

Judo young sells T Shirts got it in Black not a Member Brotherhoodofthering still have no contact from groups that are going to fly in the first week of October. AJ
Old 02-28-2024, 04:43 AM
AJ Sun

Hi JCralley I’ve gotten about Fifty hits on Messenger. I attended a FAA seminar last Saturday and met a group of guys young and old in a group. That were members of the Brotherhood, some not, and commented that they were pretty selective when it came to membership. Also learned a few of the originating members that started the Ringmaster Brotherhood had passed. And the cost of keeping the Brotherhood had very little interest in the fee to join. That’s sad. Great group of guys really enjoyed our visitAJ.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:11 AM
AJ Sun

Well JCralley, I think what a few of us are going to do is fly at the GA Airport I live on here in Granbury. A few of us maybe three are in the area. Hopefully we will get some more. With some favorable winds South winds we will put up some flights. We all have RingMasters. Thanks for your help. I learned that Dee is dealing with some serious issues. And he was an Original Brotherhood organizer. The guys at the IA seminar told me what I felt was the latest of the Brotherhood. Good luck my friend keep them lines tight!AJ
Old 03-04-2024, 01:50 PM
jcralley

AJ, The story of the Brotherhood is a sad one. The original Brotherhood of the Ring was a group of Texas fliers that liked Ringmasters. An Internet Forum was set up using, I believe, free software. You became a member of the Brotherhood of the Ring when you registered on the Forum Site and could then participate in the Forum discussions just like the RC Forum we are posting on right now. That original Brotherhood of the Ring Forum was lost when the host system experienced a crash and the Forum was not backed up! After restarting from scratch the Forum thrived for a number of years but a few years ago they started having problems again and since the software was buggy and not being updated it was decided to abandon it and thus ended the Brotherhood of the Ring Forum.
Meanwhile all of this time the Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon has been continuing using email contacts and then the Internet Website and Facebook Group as contacts for coordinating the annual Fly-A-Thon. I have been coordinating the activity for the last dozen or so years along with running the website and administrating the Facebook Group.
As far a belonging to the Brotherhood of the Ring all you have to do is participate in the Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon and you can claim membership!!
Tight lines and soft landings,

John Cralley, For the Brotherhood of the Ring

AJ Sun (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 07:03 AM
AJ Sun

Thank you J Cralley that’s about what I was told at the I A seminar a few weeks ago. All I can say your a great guy for keeping this going. And many of us flyers are a keeping our lines tight. Wish I knew how to take the bull by the horns and continue with the Brotherhoodofthering. In honor of the U Control guys that started this. Personally I think it’s great, and it should be continued. A Guy sells T Shirts. But apparently was not aware of all this hacking stuff. He would only sell me a black T with the logo above because I was not officially a member! I look good in black so I bought one. A lighter color in Texas is best, lots of heat down here. But My black T will do just fine. Getting ready to cover the wings on my Super Ringmaster. Just waiting on 70 degree weather. I use Silk got lots of Dope And retarder. I’ve used iron on before I own A 7AC Champ, Stits process. They have a glider weight fabric that suitable for model aircraft. But I like Silk. Just old time guy. Thanks again J AJ
Old 03-10-2024, 02:22 PM
jcralley

You can use the above image file and get a local T-Shirt shop to make you a Brotherhood of the Ring shirt!
Old 03-11-2024, 06:22 AM
AJ Sun

Default 17th!

Ya J Cralley I spoke with the guy in California that's selling Ts He agreed to sell me a lighter color shirt. Originally that was not the agreement from the group in Texas. It was made years ago. Learning more and more about the Brotherhood.
Old 03-11-2024, 06:24 AM
AJ Sun

Default 17th!

Ya J Cralley I spoke with the guy in California that's selling Ts He agreed to sell me a lighter color shirt. Originally that was not the agreement from the group in Texas. It was made years ago. Learning more and more about the Brotherhood. Glad the participation is going along. Eddie and I are trying to get other U Control pilots to participate.AJ
Old 03-23-2024, 09:38 AM
AJ Sun

Well the T Shirt Guy in California said he no longer sold T Shirts Nother guy Larry in Springtown Texas claimed he had the original. Patient on the Shirt. Had shirts to sell but was looking for another vendor. I finally found a guy in Fort Worth ordered one Shirt from him and wound up with two. EDDIE wanted one so it turned out okay. Our weather is getting nicer so maybe we will be flying soon.AJ
Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM
AJ Sun

Well my Messenger just took a dump, I was conversing with several guys. Now it’s totally gone. And so it goes in 24. AJ