Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

COX PT-19 Clone Project

Old 06-04-2024, 02:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default COX PT-19 Clone Project

Some time ago, I had been mulling over fixing my Cox PT-19 enough to fly it. As clunky as they were, the thrill I got as a kid in the 70s when I first cut my teeth on C/L flying is still a vivid memory. The last time i flew it was probably 10 years ago. The problem we have is that plane can run between 100 and 300 dollars depending on condition. And paying that much for a plastic mediocre at best performer is, well, crazy. So after much thought, I began taking measurements, and drawing. In a few weeks time I have a prototype to build.

After a month, I had a working model and now have made over 48 full kits for fellow flyers.. all in the last 30 days.

Designed around the same look and flight -feel of the plastic original, the “PT Clone” flies much faster with a baby bee so much that 45’ lines are necessary unless you want to fall down dizzy. LOL

i am happy to offer these kits to interested flyers who want to capture that PT thrill without dumping a ton of money into a plastic plane. It is an easy build and can be done in one evening. I even painted it with Rustoleum Protective Gloss enamel and after a few weeks of curing it was still fuel proof.

You can find the kit at VintagePlaneKits.com. Because of the demand, please allow a few weeks for delivery. It’s not like I do this for a living.

Old 06-04-2024, 02:08 PM

Old 06-04-2024, 02:14 PM

For those who have facebook, here is a video link of the maiden voyage (not me flying)

https://fb.watch/sviKPE_VdR/
Old 06-05-2024, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice , I hope it gets some young people interested in the sport .
The following users liked this post:
Hye Flyer (06-10-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 01:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's awesome to see you bringing back those nostalgic flying memories without breaking the bank.
The following users liked this post:
Hye Flyer (06-10-2024)