Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

KYOWA 45

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:50 AM
DoubleUgly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KYOWA 45

Ok sports fans here is a tough one anyone know anything about a Kyowa 45? I have recently come to own one minus a spraybar and venturi. I have found little to nothing about it out on the net other than it was orig. an RC engine. Anyone know anything about this beast?? Is it worth trying to find parts for or substitutions to get it up to snuff?
Old 10-20-2003, 09:19 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: KYOWA 45

I know the engine - I had one many years ago. I don't remember who sold them - AHC maybe - and tehy werre cheap? I doubt if you can find any parts for them. Mine was RC and as I remember, didn't run well.

RCPAUL
Old 10-21-2003, 07:55 AM
DoubleUgly

Well I guess I will use it as a trade in for 50% off a new Fox engine.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:09 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DU,
As an alternative, you could try it with the throttle wired open and see how it runs. At best you may have a decent sport engine. Doubt that you have found a replacement for the much revered ST 46.

Good luck,
George
Old 10-21-2003, 01:31 PM
DoubleUgly

The Super Tigre 46 eh? I thought that Thunder Tigers where more revered? Being ABC and BB. I have a ST 35 V21 off of an old S1 Ringmaster form the early 80's it is a good engine but not a screamer. I shouldn't knock it really it is the best thing I have right now all my .15 engines are hand-me-downs with propshaft endplay and parts missing. Hell I still have the "racing venturi"NIB and OG box for the ST 35. The only problem is the S1 is in a few peices after a first flight in 23 years showed that the pushrod keeper was left on the garage floor and the S1 was left in about 6 peices after a failure to pull out of a wingover. The ST 35 survived with only cosmetic damage that is a miricle in an of itself. Thanks for all of your help GCB and RCPAUL this place is a wonderful well of information.

D.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Old Sourdough

DU,

In terms of a box-stock CL stunt engine (The RC Version needs a proper venturi and NVA, of course.), the ST G-21 .46 is really difficult to beat if one wnats a reliable, powerful 4-2-4 stunt engine. It is much more revered than the TT .45, by those who are in the know!
Old 10-22-2003, 09:14 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just about the only other box-stock engine of that era that could be considered the equal of the G21-46 was the early Enya 45 model 6001. At least it's Japanese like the Kyowa so it kinda fits this thread