Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Ringmaster and Lil Satan

Old 04-22-2008, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ringmaster and Lil Satan

Does anyone have any copies of these plans for .049???

I am wanting to try to covert them to r/c but cant find any plans and dont feel like spending the 50-100 bucks on ebay for the kit
Old 04-22-2008, 07:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ringmaster and Lil Satan

Scientific and some others often had no "plans" with the kit.
It has a sheet of illustrated build instructions.
The built up wing often had to be built with no plan to lay your parts on. Rib spacing was provided by the shaped and notched leading and trailing edges.
No full size ribs are shown and nothing for the stab and elevator save for what you can see in the profile if there was one. No bulkheads or firewall or top view to help.
I think this was done to help keep kit sales up and reproduction of spare parts and such down. Still, it was enough for most of us to build the things and get ourselves something to fly.

I believe the Li'l Satan shows the top view and the side view.

I also have seen these plans for sale on Ebay on a pretty regular basis without having to buy the kit.
As a matter of fact there is a seller who has both Ringmaster and the Li'l Satan plans. I have no ties to the seller and I will not post the seller's name on the open forum. P.M. me and I will tell you more if you want.

I didn't find them hard to find myself.
Robert
Old 04-24-2008, 06:37 PM

Good news guys- I was on a mission to find a Lil Satan- like the one I remembered in my teen years- for my son and I to fly

ok, now for the good news- Brodak sells the plans for 8$- and the kit for 29$- so since I found them on Brodak.com I figured I'd keep looking for a better price. and found them for 25$ on sshobbies.com. I bought 2 and my son built one and I built one and we've been having a blast.

the kits (or licensing) must have been bought by brodak- because they came in exact Carl Goldberg box with plans (laser cut parts) but they also have the added Brodak name on them. see pics. on the plans- the tail boom profile pic is not scale. however the topical view of the plans does show the correct length of the tail booms.

we mainly fly r/c but these are definately a blast- we fly 30' lines in the back yard.

hope this helps.

Quinn Moore
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38307.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	936285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86587.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	936286   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20463.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	936287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36308.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	936288   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zk69317.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	936289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qg64376.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	936290  
Old 04-24-2008, 07:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is good news indeed. As I suspected not all parts are shown full size. The most important ones for this model are full size but not all.

If anyone out there wants a good helping of many of the Scientific "hollow log" type planes check out the Blackhawk models website. The hardware in these kits are complete down to the leadouts! They are licensed by Walter Musciano himself. He designed them.
There have been a number of contests featuring these and original Scientific kits.

Robert
Old 04-24-2008, 11:15 PM

Many thanks for the links!!!!!!