Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Young Pilots Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Young Pilots Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:20 AM
chevypower1930

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Young Pilots Forum

19 here... been flying since I was 16, I have a .60 Hangar 9 Miss America Mustang, Hangar 9 TwisT .40, Hobbico Avistar, E Flite Mini Funtana, Parkzone Slo-V, and the little Parkzone Vapor. and working on my full scale private flying license now
Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 PM
TakingFlight96

I'm 13 years old. I right now am practicing 3D and hoping to compete in the future. I love warbirds, I was actually named after the P-40 Warhawks's Allisonv12 engines, so gotta love warbirds. I also am intrested in flying Full scale someday. I do enjoy RC w/ my dad too (andrew wisc. on here) . And I'm also the only girl at my field and I'm proud of it

TF96
Old 06-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Wild Foamy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im 16, from the other side of the pond, started out with nitro cars and monster trucks a few years ago and sold them on to get myself a .40 trainer two years ago, passed my "A" Licence a month after, now i fly a Ripmax Bossanova and have a few projects on the build

ive been away from RCU for a while aswell [&:]
Old 07-02-2009, 12:46 AM
fly boy2

ORIGINAL: wings 540

man some of you guys have some pretty sweet planes where do you get the money to buy them? all my money goes to repairs and keeping them in the air. anyway its great to see a place where was kids can post stuff.
I was thinking the same thing. Some of ya'll have it made. Born with a silver spoon in your mouth.( i dont mean to offfend anyone) I know ya'll can't get a job because of your age, but man I have job and I can't afford that stuff. If I did, I'd have an Ultimate Bipe with a DA-100. I'd like to know what do your parents do and do they fly. If they fly, they know the addiction and want you to have it too

I'm 18, been flyin for one year. I'm the youngest in my club and the rest of the members are old enough to be my granparents. I have 2 planes that are flyin right now. a balsa usa stick 40( its older than most all of ya'll 18yrs old) I have a 3d foamy and I have a room full of planes included is a spad debonair and a taurus plus pattern ship ( older than some of ya'll parents , about 35 yrs old!!!) and a tiger 2. Some of my planes where given to me,so I feel if a noobs walks up to me and want a plane. I will give it to them. I will keep the engine and radio gear, but its yours.( I need the space anyhow). I had to take out my weight bench and put it in the barn and use it there, cause my room was getting very crowded.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:49 PM
TakingFlight96

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings 540

man some of you guys have some pretty sweet planes where do you get the money to buy them? all my money goes to repairs and keeping them in the air. anyway its great to see a place where was kids can post stuff.

I was thinking the same thing. Some of ya'll have it made. Born with a silver spoon in your mouth.( i dont mean to offfend anyone) I know ya'll can't get a job because of your age, but man I have job and I can't afford that stuff. If I did, I'd have an Ultimate Bipe with a DA-100 . I'd like to know what do your parents do and do they fly. If they fly, they know the addiction and want you to have it too

Well, my moms a Unit clerk for Mercy hospital and part-time EMT and my dads a gear mechanic. And yes my dad does fly with me and heck, we both have been addicted for quite some time. Yeah, sure I wish I could have some of the nicer planes but, the planes I'm flying right now (Sig 4*, VQ Mig 3, Mayhem, Citabria, and Aeronca Defender) are good enough for me. You don't need those big expensive planes to have fun flying. IMO Flying is about having fun, not who has the bigger or most expensive plane.

TF96
Old 07-11-2009, 09:56 PM
fly boy2

Yes thats correct[8D]. You don't have to have a big expensive plane to have fun and joy your flying buddies[8D]. All I'm saying that it would be nice to be able to afford the better stuff thats all. If you have an old junk truck like me, sure it will get ya where ya wanta go but ya still would like a big chevy with big muddin tires
Old 07-11-2009, 11:11 PM
wings 540

Yes thats correct . You don't have to have a big expensive plane to have fun and joy your flying buddies . All I'm saying that it would be nice to be able to afford the better stuff thats all.
thats exactly right fly boy 2. the joy of flying is all that matters, no matter what you fly ya it would be nice to get a new plane or heli, but its kinda fun to work with what you got. and i like building my own stuff [8D] esspecially when they fly great... though buying new electronics is a different story (the stuff is big $$$) [:@]