Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Unusual objects that you've crashed into

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Unusual objects that you've crashed into

Old 08-22-2003, 06:42 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unusual objects that you've crashed into

DANG!!!!!!! That sounds like my kind of day.
Old 08-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Ian.W

what have i hit......................hummmm.............outher planes, the ground, transmitter arials, just boring stuff

cartmen can i have thet vidio?
Old 08-24-2003, 07:45 PM
cabanestrut2002

edible. if you mean the sheep crash video, you can helpyourself if you can but i dont have the file, phillybaby might do, i think he took the original
Old 08-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Ian.W

yeah thats the one
Old 08-25-2003, 01:28 AM
JBoss
My Feedback: (1)

not so amazing but I flew (and I use the term flew loosely) into a chain link fence. Thats no big but it was pretty funny when it stuck int the fence like a dart, Stopped perfectly level. No damage. Pulled it out Threw it back in business.
Also climbed a few trees to get her back
JimB
Old 08-25-2003, 10:20 AM
Cactus.

the sheep strike shrike is on our club site, mine too i think..
i've heard of a club 20 pylon racer hitting a caravan going right through embedding its self in the other side. all wings ect were left outside.
Another club member hit a rugby cross post head on, right on the spinner, stopped the engine and fell out of the sky. but the noise was too funny.

the peg boards been hit too. thats on our club site
Old 08-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

The sheep video is a classic. First time I saw it I almost needed oxygen I was laughing so hard....
Old 08-25-2003, 11:45 AM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hit the roller they roll the full size grass runway with.
I hit (actually was hit by) a Tractor trailer traveling at about 60 mph.
Silo and windmill, same flight, nothing was left after hitting the windmill but pieces, and they hit the silo.

Oh I accidently hit the spoilers and couldn't get off the ground so I smacked into the base of a tree
Old 08-26-2003, 02:10 PM
ThunderAI-RCU

This will sound like a fish story, but when I was younger I had a Gemini model rocket single stage size B motor. I purchased a new pake of motors without looking at what stage they where and I had purchased stage 2 thinking that would be ok I used them.

The following day my family and I went to teh cabin to launch the rocket and it went up, and up, and up, and up, and then down and down and down without opeining the parachute. The rocket was coming stright down and I tell you what I swear to god it landed between my shirt and my back. I was going to try to catch it since the parachut did not open and I miss judged the distance and it landed in my back.

No lie.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:04 PM
screamindemon69

power lines can really suck. i watched a guy hit one of those huge power lines. you know, the ones where you can hear the electricity buzzing through them. the gas in the plane exploded and ripped off the front of the fuse. he was just lucky that the prop didn't cut the wire completly, just severed it.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:07 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

This happened a couple of years back.

I was flying my beloved Wizard HLG. Got caught in some 'down' air and was trying to make it back to the field and whacked the leg of one of the cabanas which used to border our field.

The plane then fell straight down and landed nose-first into the metal trashcan at the bottom of the leg.

It would have been Hillarious (except for the damage.)
Old 08-30-2003, 09:46 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I once hit the dog of a fellow clubmember... actually the dog was apparently not too happy with me landing in "his" field and he was determined to "scare the plane away"... both dog and plane came out undamaged...
But I'm sure he will not try that again....
Old 08-31-2003, 03:45 AM
superflea

not too unusual i dont guess but with an eaglet 50 on its maiden flight it needed a lot of down and right trim so of course it immediatly climbed and turned left in to a tree hit about 25 ft up and fell landing on all three wheels with no damage done. then about 100 flights later i was playing tag with a heli well he thought it would be cool to go in to a hover in front of me by the time i saw him it was all i could do to roll knife edge and pull full up but still put a wing tip through the main rotor blade i flew around and landed with a crooked wing and missing tip but you know he beat me to the ground
Old 09-01-2003, 04:00 AM
HoovDriver

Default A rather large *****

I purchased a hobbizone aerobird during a lull in my training in Meridian Mississippi and flew it every day for about a month. The site I flew at was 4 soccer fields with a paved parking lot adjoining it separated by a metal pipe fence like thing. The Pipe was about 2 1/2 feet off the ground 4" in diameter and painted yellow running the entire length of the soccer fields. I noticed my aerobird was getting very low on batteries so I decided to land. Well I guess my base leg was a bit to long and my final ended up directly above the pipe, the aerobird made a beautiful landing right atop the pipe, the landing gear straddled it and it began sliding along the pipe. Pretty cool I thought, just then I noticed a rather large woman along with three other people sitting on the pipe divider watching me fly. Full power would not lift the aerobird off as it was very low on power, Whack right into her derričre. She screamed, the aerobird made one last whine before falling the 2 1/2 feet to the ground, I couldn’t believe it thought I was going to get sued. Thank god they had a great sense of humor and it was the aerobird and not my avistar running a .46 FX turning an 11x6 prop. I guess I can say my aerobird has been places your aerobird can only dream of.

ZK
Old 09-01-2003, 08:19 AM
SBR_RV

the most unuesable thing i have crashed into is the runway
Old 09-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Daddyo57
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Unusual objects that you've crashed into

How about crashing into 3 other airplanes in midair? first was a beautiful Cap-21 on its first flight. A trainer and I collided at about 200 ft up my plane just spun down and he landed his. Second was a Saito .80 powered Sweet Stik same thing!! we hit he landed and I spun in. Third one was a Cheetah Slope Soar airplane, I did a split S and a friend was below me, we hit and guess what? he landed and once again I spun in with a broken wing. We also have an Airplane eating tree at our field, we live in the desert so not many trees, in fact just the one... but it needs an airplane occasionally.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:48 PM
zig
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Unusual objects that you've crashed into

While flying a crazy sparrow ( foam electric), a flock of Finches ( about 25 or so) flew right into the path of the sparrow. When I landed there was a bird turd on the left wing,sort of dripping toward the back. Did I hit it or did it hit me?