Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Jet crash video

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Jet crash video

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 04:46 AM
cabanestrut2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet crash video

looks like a terminal case of dumb thumbs!!

Old 09-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Mike_Mc

I wonder if the money to brains ratio has anything to do with it. The crash is great to watch over and over but the best part is the last second where the pilot puts his hands on his hips and look around.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:09 PM
Sincraft

In all seriousness, they can't be that bad to be able to takeoff and land these things. I don't know much about them really, but I can imagine the biggest problem is stalling on landing and crashing then. If they master that, then it's a matter of keeping it two errors high and learning from there. If someone is 'new' to flying jets, and flies it that low and that fast,...well then they are asking for trouble eh?

S
Old 09-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Flying Hog

Paper or Plastic!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 08:06 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In all seriousness, they can't be that bad to be able to takeoff and land these things. I don't know much about them really, but I can imagine the biggest problem is stalling on landing and crashing then. If they master that, then it's a matter of keeping it two errors high and learning from there. If someone is 'new' to flying jets, and flies it that low and that fast,...well then they are asking for trouble eh?

S
Personally I think jets are easier to land than prop jobs, especially the sport jets. The Phantom is one of the easiest along with the F-16, much easier than my P-51. This guy was flying to low and trying to do to much, it may have looked slow to us, but it all happened to fast for his thumbs. He may have been worried about the crowd and with the plane coming toward you the controls are reversed, at 180mph and 10ft off the deck it only takes half a second of confusion. I think all crashes are funny as long as no one was hurt, we always laugh at each other at the field. If you fly a $10,000 toy and can't laugh when you crash then you are over your head, never fly what you can't afford to throw in the trash barrel. They WILL crash!

Luke
Old 09-23-2003, 11:08 PM
Sincraft

what you can't afford to throw in the trash barrel. They WILL crash!
That's very well put. I think some of the people I have spoken to have the idea that there will one day be a time where they won't crash.

I have only flown my trainer about 6 times now solo. Each time was getting better than the last two times my landings sucked bad. I hit the grass near our landing strip (very small) and pushed the front well back...broke the nylon holder. Next landing wasn't as bad but I landed 3 times in one flight (bounce,...bounce....bounce...roll)

S
Old 09-24-2003, 12:43 AM
danhoh

Definitely RE-KITTED !!!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:53 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Haha, no that's worse than RE KITTED! I don't think they make enough CA to fix that thing! Do they make a machine that can put atoms back together?

Luke
Old 09-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

My oh myyyyyyyyy! What was that one piece that looked like a missle fly off the screen? Looked like the turbine itself.

Steven
Old 09-24-2003, 09:45 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

This crash wins the Most Spectacular Crash trophy ! Sorry for your loss Milli.......but at least nothing hit you or anybody else. You pulled the wrong rudder but you could have pulled the wrong elevator as well and cause human injury.......
Old 09-24-2003, 01:16 PM
ninrocket

I'm a rookie and even I can tell that the radio had a major malfunction or that guy pulled right rudder instead of left. That is the most wicked model crash I have ever seen. I've been watching that video everyday when I come to work...makes my plane crashes look like minor incidents.

Anyway....the pilot isn't too bad anyway. When he saw the nose heading down the first reaction would be to roll it left and pull out. That could have been deadly. It looks like that maneuver would probably have put the plane on a direct impact course with the pilot and his 2 buddies.

I think he did the right thing by not overreacting at that point and letting the plane die.

P.S. The biggest mistake was flying a friggin' 200 mile per hour model 12 feet off the ground at a spectator event.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???!!!!

Oh...and one other thing....I am still laughin' my butt off everytime I see that video.
That guy had to be feeling like the biggest jackass in the world. LOOK MA'...NO HANDS! DOH! he he he Where's a good teleporter when you need it? BEAM ME OUTTA' HERE!

I'm laughing with you...not at you....YEAH RIGHT.....he he he!!!!

Sorry....I couldn't help it.......

I wish I had a piece of Bill Gates fortune. I'd buy a hundred jets and crash 'em all on the same day....that crash was wickedly COOL!

Any chance of seeing more of the video....before the crash??? That jet was screamin' !
Old 09-24-2003, 07:09 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Bill is a great guy. He donates half his worth to worthy causes the latest being for malaria research. Dunno if he agrees on jet crash research. LOL !
Old 09-28-2003, 04:40 PM
CafeenMan

kind of looks to me like he had no control of it. It was knife edge the entire time. I didn't see any real evidence of the plane responding to any type of control input. To me that means the pilot froze or the airplane just stopped responding. Cool though. I've never seen such total destruction of a model before.
Old 09-29-2003, 12:08 AM
grebmohr

In full scale aviation, I don't pass judgement on another pilot in a crash because I just was not there on the flight deck with them.

In R/C, I think we all have a tendancy to explain away other peoples crashes as F - ups too easily. While it is true that it may have been a monumental blunder, there are many other contributing factors that could lead to such a catastrophic crash.
I won't pretend to know what they are cause I was not there and I did not do the post mortum on that one. I have enough of my own to do. :-)

Still an amazing video - talk about FOD patrol- must have taken hours to find most of the pieces.

I wish that kind of crash on no one.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:30 PM
RC4LIFE

wow, that was cool
Old 09-30-2003, 06:50 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Um, I'm still trying to contemplate what it was like to see that much money disintegrate in front of his eyes. I can totally picture the "uh, I think my Jet just tried to make it's way to China the short way... and failed" look on his face.

For those of you who can't view the video, you may need to set your computer and more specifically, internet options to allow "passive mode". On a Mac, it's in the Internet control panel under the Advanced tab. Not sure about PC's but run a find on "passive mode" or "ftp" and see if you can find a help section on it.

Old 10-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Mr Happy Crash

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Kangaroo_Jet_Crash_Video/m_1177073/tm.htm]New hi quality version of the crash[/link]
Old 10-04-2003, 09:23 PM
flyinazn10

wow what a crash that looks so bad trhe only remains seem to be jst bits and peices. all i have to say to that is wow
Old 10-23-2003, 08:55 PM
conradj87
My Feedback: (1)

ouch worst crash i've ever seen, duct tape does wonders shoulda entered that in the "How Mangled Did You Go?" contest I bet it woulda won,
Old 10-27-2003, 12:35 AM
Jackjet

Mills,
I feel for you brother - been there - done that. Not good. At least no one got hurt..........how did the turbine come out ?

Jackjet
Old 10-27-2003, 06:59 AM
Freakazoid

Well, that helped for the local balsa reforrestation program...
Man, that thing was blowing chunks a mile away. No survivors.

Now thats what we call, abrupt dissasembly, or internal accessability improvement.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:07 PM
DLSmith2

YEEOWZA! Boy that hurt to watch!

Couple of weekends ago I went to a Fly in up in Henderson at the Rusk Co. airport and watched a beautiful jet flame out after a high speed pass left to right. He was climbing as he turned back to the left when a smoke trail with the attending silence drew an "UH-OH!" from the crowd. He continued the high-speed descending turn, headed straight for us as he lined up on the runway (almost grabbed the wife and vacated the bleachers).

I watched as the dreaded "N2FW" (Nervous Newbie with Folks Watching) syndrome take its toll. Sharp turn, lined up with the runway and planted it, all three wheels at the same time; BAM!!! WHOOPS! Bounced five feet back in the air, WHAM! another three-point slammer, back up about 3 feet, and when he tried to make it land again, the plane kept going east as the nose gear headed south about 50', and the rest of the roll out was on MLG and nosecone.

I really felt bad for the guy, especially when the rest of the crowd whooped it up.

But it was NOTHING like on this video!

Almost felt guilty last week when I did an inverted "touch and stop" and it only took a motor mount, 6" of tape and two zip ties to get it in the air again.

Blue skies,
DL
Old 11-22-2003, 09:08 PM
couchflyer

I can feel his pain.
Old 11-22-2003, 10:56 PM
Skitchen8

for those having problems try: ftp://bmfk:[email protected]/andre_...de_rc_videoer/

same link with the IP resolved, the DNS sometimes has trouble forwarding FTP requests correctly, so try that...
Old 11-22-2003, 11:45 PM
rcpro-123
My Feedback: (2)

man that is crazy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.