Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Navy QF-4 crash

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Navy QF-4 crash

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 11:52 AM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Navy QF-4 crash

Did you see the crash of the Navy QF-4 yesterday at an airshow in Ventura Ca. ? Pilot and RIO were killed. One poor fellow ejected and drifted right into the fireball.

I knew the QF-4 was a radio control drone, but I did not realize that it could also be flown conventionally.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/04/20/air...ash/index.html

Vince
Old 04-21-2002, 02:06 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Navy QF-4 crash

wow, wouldnt that be the worst floating down, looking where your going, thats to bad
Old 05-15-2002, 01:18 AM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navy QF-4 crash

I flew helicopter, UH-1M full size drones for 10 years here at White Sands, and they can and are also flown manned. You fly the mission first with a "safety pilot" on board. The QF-4 does the route first with a man flying, and then the computer on the ground duplicates the mission. Course these guys were just flying a normal pattern for the crowd.