Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Hanger RASH pictures/sites

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Hanger RASH pictures/sites

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 12:24 AM
testfly

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hanger RASH pictures/sites

Images and the story behind them can be seen here:
http://testfly.0catch.com/airplanes/hanger-rash.html

There is more to the story.
The above model was repaired and I be dang if a week later. My wife put the dryer rack on a shelf above the plane and it fell off from vibration from the air handler which is in the attic. Long story short here. The plane sits now with the rudder and vertical fin knocked off it. I am afraid to fix it for fear of what may happen to this poor model next. I think I would feel better if I just packed it in at the field one day while flying it. Yeah I bet I really would.

Seems my plane damage anymore is from hanger rash.
I guess if your gonna own a plane it is gonna get damaged some how some way. If you don't think so just let me take it home with me for a week. My wife will see to it that something gets broke on it I promise .... yeah I still love her. She is a good plane. Oh yeah love the wife to

Happy flying and store em high
Old 05-03-2002, 09:40 AM
FlyinRazorback
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You really should seperate those 2 planes when they get to fighting like that.
Old 05-03-2002, 07:46 PM
edh13
My Feedback: (9)

Default ouch

I'm surprised the landing gear didn't break on the Magic
Old 05-03-2002, 08:55 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Default Re: ouch

Originally posted by edh13
I'm surprised the landing gear didn't break on the Magic
No kidding... I looked at my Magic's landing gear wrong and it popped right off!
Old 05-03-2002, 10:30 PM
Blackie

Loading my freshly built never flown Aeroworks 90 size Edge 540T in the bed of my truck passenger side, all went well, next comes the PVC folding stand the kind advertised in the AMA magazine. Note: I did not have a clear method of how to haul my planes and equipment at that time.

I next placed my Aresti on the drivers side and was left with bungee cording the stand up right against the tail gate. I walk into the house to grab the flight box and hear a crash. I come back out to find the stand had slammed down on top the turtle deck just in front of the rudder of the Edge popping a hole in the foam. I repaired and put more study into the transport.

Before I was resting the planes on their landing gear down in the bed. Here is my new method of transport.