Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Jet crash video

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Jet crash video

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 11:44 PM
Hepdog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jet crash video

Ya know, with all the modern marvels of technology at our disposal, why hasn't anyone developed some simple stall warning telemetry yet? You can beam back real time video, so why not a simple stall warning? Do it Cessna sytle with a simple AOA vane that sends back a tone. Its not rocket applicances or anything. I feel real sorry for those guys, such nice planes augered in...
Old 06-02-2004, 03:22 PM
norcalflyer530

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1- L-39 = 2,500$
1- Turbine = 1,500$

Seeing your 4,000$ jet crash and burst into flames in a video......Pricless
Old 06-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Spdrmnky

The background music is sick in this video. Anyone know who the band is or what the name of the song is?
Old 06-07-2004, 09:56 PM
guotao

I feel for those guys
Old 06-07-2004, 11:38 PM
Jeepindog

ORIGINAL: Spdrmnky

The background music is sick in this video. Anyone know who the band is or what the name of the song is?
See post #74 above...

Lachlan
Old 06-12-2004, 03:38 PM
ninja neb

that saab with the bad leg went down well but mig 15 should not bounce like that and that last one.....

OOOUUUCCCHHHH!!
sorry comrade
Old 06-12-2004, 03:49 PM
adam d

to bad for thoes guys
Old 06-17-2004, 07:26 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Bad day at the Jet field!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Funtana_Cody
Banned

Rammstein dude obvious
Old 06-17-2004, 10:16 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The American AMA comment from the Norweigan about 9 months ago chapped my *** when I just read it. Just found this thread after reading comments about it for months. I've read about nitpicking flying exams, levels of beginner restrictions, noise restrictions, etc in Europe, and reading a comment like that gets me a bit fired up. I lived in Europe about 20 years ago, and the fields I visited wouldn't allow flying during any weekday, or most weekends. Those guys were grateful for the few days a year they did fly. Maybe a visit over here would enlighten a few misinformed people about the freedoms to fly r/c that we enjoy. Sheesh. That writer would think he had died and gone to Heaven if he were to visit my club. What in the world was he thinking when he wrote that? The smallest gasser at my club would be outlawed just about everywhere in Europe. I read the other day where an OS .46 FX violated the noise rule by 3 dB in Europe. I forget the country now, but can you imagine not being able to fly your FX?

Sorry to vent, but I know that comment was uncalled for.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:09 PM
William Robison

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Barry:

Not fly my OS 46FX? Oh, the pain, the suffering, the persecution!

OK, I'll get a Magnum XLS 46 and fly that.

Haw.

Sorry, I know what you mean, and the Maggie will probably be just as loud, but I couldn't resist the nasty crack.

Bill.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:54 AM
photoniq

That writer would think he had died and gone to Heaven if he were to visit my club. What in the world was he thinking when he wrote that? The smallest gasser at my club would be outlawed just about everywhere in Europe. I read the other day where an OS .46 FX violated the noise rule by 3 dB in Europe. I forget the country now, but can you imagine not being able to fly your FX?

Sorry to vent, but I know that comment was uncalled for.
that was me who failed the noise test Standard FX - standard pipe - even have a silicon exhaust deflector on Noise limit is 80db measured only a few metres away. Also we can only have 3 planes in the air at any given time due to noise restrictions!

We can only fly on Sundays, we don't have ANY amenities at our field which is basically a farmers field with a runway mowed in the middle by one of the members, and when it's wet we have to walk absolutely ages to get to the flightline because we dont want to mess up the farmers field with ruts left behind by our cars. And we LOVE it - because it's the best we can get in our area. You have really hit the nail on the head with your post. When I see some of the runways etc in posts on this forum I am really quite jealous On top of that we have CRAP weather too (it's grey and windy today) and it's the middle of summer!

Some people don't know they were born

photoniq
Old 06-18-2004, 11:08 AM
blw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Photoniq,

I remember now that it was you who posted that. I am always interested in your comments about the weather too. I've lived in Europe and my wife is from Europe, so I tend to pay attention to any news from there. There are a lot of things better there and I miss them, but some things aren't better, like r/c flying in a lot of places. Thanks for the perspective. I wasn't bashing any thing or place, but I felt that I had to make some kind of corrective comment. I'm always very thankful for our little club. I've read about some of the bad conditions some clubs have over here too. We don't have much in the way of amenities, but there is nothing to complain about. It is a very nice place and nobody bothers us. I lived in this tiny village in Germany and the club field was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. It was on the edge of a river valley with grass and a runway that looked professionally kept. It didn't have much wind, but you could slope soar over at the edge if you wanted. It was terrific, but they rarely were able to fly. I used to drive up and sit to admire it. It was like a ghost town almost every weekend and I found that a shame. About 50 guys would show up on the flying days with some incredible planes, just not very often. That was a dream site for sure.

Is the OS that loud? Are you able to get around the noise limits and fly it? Maybe another prop would cut the noise some. I'm going out today (Friday) as my former instructor is coming out with one of his big ones with a Zenoah. That is one loud plane and he loves full throttle!

Bill, I'll get this back on topic. I gave my wife the link to the S. African video and she was very unhappy seeing all of the crashes. She has been to S. A. and understood the weather conditions when I told her. She liked the music though. Maybe she will get the jet bug and insist that I start thinking about one....(g)
Old 06-22-2004, 09:49 AM
I3DFU
My Feedback: (9)

Dude Sweet! Coolest unsafe jet community bashing video out. Not to mention there could have been a snake OUT IN THAT WIDE OPEN FIELD! TOOL!!!!!! Love the "jet guys" keep on video taping hell your going to spend all that time building mine as well get a video of the crash.

Everything has an experation date!
Old 06-23-2004, 12:25 AM
âûñøåå îäíî

they were such nice planes... it makes me so sad.... i almost yelled pull up several times
Old 06-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Spacey

Hehehe....funny I only found this thread now. I was at the competition myself on the last day and on the first. I got to say the guys really made a good effort. Lots of good flying and believe me I do not think the crash number was that bad considering the conditions, the amount of pilots and planes. That field is actually very nice to fly at, wide open spaces and huge space for runways. Like the guy that posted the video said...that is only the taxi way for the full size planes they flew on.

What makes this even more sad is that there was a scale event held at that exact same spot this weekend. And guess what! I was there for most of the sunday and between the loads of large scale and scale birds......wait for it.....only two jets crashed! [] I do not know if I missed something late that afternoon but dang I am definitely not investing 20 bucks in one of those things.

Nice video!
Old 09-19-2004, 01:59 PM
SweetFlyer

The Background music is done by a German band called Rammstein the song is called "Sonne" which means sun. They are a great group, I have the CD it's called "Mutter"
~Heather
Old 09-19-2004, 03:42 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't expect to run in the yard with the big dogs without gitting bit. Otherwise stay on the porch. If you haven't crashed you haven't flown; Murphy is in attendance at all fly-ins and his laws supercede the AMA's.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:52 AM
jameschen0702

That's why we only fly privately.. flying in public often leads to crashes..cos ur too worried about what others are judging and often..forgetting that you're at the stick... today I was on the I-5 highway trying to get to our field..a stupid 3-d electric nearly crashed onto the highway..so scary..haha
Old 09-20-2004, 01:44 AM
speed_freak1

I feel for that guy with the F-16, he looked absolutely heartbroken.
Yea im pretty sure any one would [:@], looks to me like he got disorientated and turned the wrong way[:'(],
it is a problem you face with 'scale' looking models.

It would look pretty weird if they had a red underneath,

Plus it is easier to do decals for us glow modelers..... we just iron the stuff on.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Lefte
My Feedback: (1)

What a waste...it's like seeing a real video of a plane going down, the heart ache the loss. At least no one was hurt...just the wallet.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:17 AM
Blue_Moon_

just amazing...
Old 10-05-2004, 04:57 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I though the vid was great , not because I like to see them crash but becuase I like to learn from the crash .For example , if your gear is down and one leg is stuck , in my opinion put all your gear up , belly land on the grass!!!!.

2) air speed , wow , its never been more obvious on some of those take offs that the planes were forced into the air , no lift .

3)Lateral balance , I learned the hard way when advanceing to ww2 planes, I was still only balanceing front to back , in-tern a plane that has a tendancy to drop a wing will drop a wing faster and more severly if the wing is not balanced . High speed jets that are laterally out of balance will be twice the hand full .
Old 10-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Razor44

Talk about realism. The firetruck rushing to the scene took scale modeling to a new level. Was it an R/C truck? :-) I think with a bit of glue and paint he can have her back in the air in no time.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:59 PM
john flynn

G'day to all, can anyone speak Russian? I can't and am having dificulty in finding the link to the jet crashs. Please help. Regards, John.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.