Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
 <weeping>  my first contribution to the crash forum >

<weeping> my first contribution to the crash forum

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

<weeping> my first contribution to the crash forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: <weeping> my first contribution to the crash forum

Was an impressive landing! Least you can get yours flying again. My 1st crash (wing fault) trashed my 1st trainer on it's first flight. Became no more than a binbag job!!!

But i soon got going again. With a new plane!
Old 02-27-2004, 04:29 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Good old Durra Planes . Mt first one I dugg in about a foot .. Looked alot like the way yours is sitting ..Just a word .. Make sure you range check your radio with motor running before you put it back up ..After I planted mine I bench tested the radio and being a Newly didnt field test it .First time I took off it took off never to be seen again ..
You got soccer goals to .. I got a SPAD Demon . It had a Magnum 40 gp on it . Never could get it to run right . Hated that motor . Had others that ran good just not this one .On the magnums last flight it dead sticked . I was trying to get it back down and somehow my motor just nicked the pipe on one of those goal post .It broke both of the mounting tabs clean off the motor but never broke the prop .Barly put a scratch on the plane neither ..I was auctually happy I didnt have to deal with that motor no more ..L.O.L..
Have you checked out the spad planes yet ??? www.spadtothebone.com Cheap planes Almost Free and indestructable ((( ALMOST ))) . I have balsa but when I want to get crazy and learn new things SPAD is the way to go . Please no balsa guys get upset . Both planes can live in harmony .And a new guy can use a cheap tough plane . Otherwise a new guy can crash a few times and get discouraged spending bunchs of money and quit . Best Wishs ..
Old 02-27-2004, 09:32 PM

no probs rebuilding that.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:33 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Easy fix! Glad I'm not the worm.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:47 PM
My Feedback: (39)

ORIGINAL: skynate152
On piece of advice for duraplane builders: take the time to build the 'optional' plywood wing-tip reinforcements. I think that they contributed to the reletively light damage on the foam wings.
Oops........ never did that to mine. Have not flown it yet. How dose it fly??????
Old 01-06-2005, 09:01 PM

Crashem is absoulutely correct , if you where flying around with that lady walking here dog up and down the field , then either wait until she is done to fly or just dont fly at all. I have also went back home without even breaking ground because of a family poping up while I did ground checks [:@] . But better safe than sorry or broke.

Although I fly in similar but much bigger areas I NEVER FLY while some one is walking anywhere on the field.

I know.... I know...... I dislike the dog walkers getting in my way too but it is a public park so share it safely ......
Old 01-06-2005, 10:00 PM

You sure thats a DuraPlane? Becasue I always thought the Sturdy Bird got the worm?
Old 01-07-2005, 03:09 AM

that worm never knew what hit em!!!!!! haha when i saw that pic i could help but crack up. Good luck fixin it. ~ &lt;-----poor little worm
Old 01-07-2005, 09:19 AM
My Feedback: (17)

That has to be the best lawn dart crash I have seen. Souldnt be much fixin to do on a duraplane
Old 01-07-2005, 12:09 PM

Nice lawndart for sure....

I put mine into the trees at ..Oh...MACH 2......

It was messed up MUCH worse.....

Needed to buy another kit just for the spare parts...

You really have to work hard to kill those planes!
Old 01-08-2005, 01:16 AM

Here is a tip for flying upside down.

Once you roll the plane over, then put your middle finger underneath the stick, and lock it against the transmitter case. This way if you try to put up elevator in it, the stick hits your finger, and wont let you.

When your finished flying inverted, take your middle finger out from underneath the stick, and fly as normal.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:22 PM

Worse crash with a duraplane?

Friend and I were flying a Duraplane 20 (Rudder, Elevator, Throttle on a .40) taking it as high as possible and spinning it down then giving the transmitter to the other guy. Of course we were chatting.

I got speck high put the Duraplane into a spin and got to talking, forgot I was the one flying and spun it into the ground. Problem was it was August and the ground was a plowed field. When it hit it made a dust doughnut. Suprised, but walked over to pick it up and fly it again - plane does great cartwheels with no damage. EVERYTHING WAS BENT.

Bought another for $50 installed the same radio and another used ($25) .40 and went back to flying. Used the same fuel tank, servos, reciver, battery and wheels.

After reading and writing about this I think I'll buy another for the comming flying seasion.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:18 PM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: FighterBird873

You sure thats a DuraPlane? Becasue I always thought the Sturdy Bird got the worm?
*Groan* [:@] Of course, in this case, wouldn't it be the Dirty Birdy that got the worm. Sorry to contribute to the bad jokes.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:31 PM

I was wondering if the worm survived
Old 01-31-2005, 03:21 AM

lol...does'nt qualify for a "crash"...but i'll call it one for the dead worm's sake...
Old 01-31-2005, 03:47 AM

a duraplane is a SPAD by any other name. Rebuild it, it'll be fine. use a little packing tape or clear duct tape to reinforce the ailerons. I built a BUHOR last year that flew better than some trainers. Too bad it had no elevator authority and plowed into the ground in a dive. it was totalled. Bent the aluminum rails and everything. Busted the muffler and the carb. The wing survived though. Those coro planes are pretty tough. I'm going to build something else out of coro later this year. Your DuraSPAD, oops, i mean Duraplane shall fly again. Have fun.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:24 AM

Those planes are TOUGH! I put a Aerobat 46 into the ground RIGHT at a fence post and the motor mout was the only thing that broke!!!!! Got you love the Flying Rain gutter matched with the covered "Beer Cooler" Foam wing! Cheap too. I'd rather spend $20/$30 for a new wing than build a new Balsa wing.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:51 PM

crashem, i agree with you about the saftey issue, but maybe the dog lady showed up while our worm rooting hero was still sobbing into his hands¿