Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Dang it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 08:42 PM
4*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dang it!

[:@]Was flying 1 mistake high & made 2. Straight in from 50', full throttle. Had to dig the engine out with pieces of broken propeller. Airframe is a total loss, as are 1 servo & the receiver. Thoroughly cleaned the motor & reassembled. It survived.
Oh well, ordered a Phoenix Sea Bee 1/2 hour ago. Sure am glad my wife understands.
Mark
Old 07-21-2005, 08:50 PM
gjeffers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dang it!

now that was a stuffing,you should be proud, what a story itll make, be positive
Old 07-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Razguel

Was a great looking plane. Move on we have all done it also. Sorry for your loss.[:@]
Old 07-22-2005, 10:00 AM
CJKling
My Feedback: (1)

Cut the tail off clean and mount it to the wall of your shop....Sorry to see your loss, was a nice looking plane....
Old 07-22-2005, 11:55 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last week I was practicing the split S and Immelman. Well, I goofed... was thinking immelman and did a split S. Miss the ground by about 10 feet at full throttle. [X(] WPHEW!!!! [sm=bananahead.gif]

DS
Old 07-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Liberator

Buzz Lightyear for all of his bravado...is a notoriously bad pilot.

Just kidding, sorry about the plane, it was nice.

Tom
Old 07-22-2005, 06:34 PM
4*

Thanks for all the support. I am moving on, got 2 new planes on the way. 4*60 & Phoenix Sea Bee Got a good chuckle, Liberator!
Kind of a shame, though. It was my first BIY kit. I had just finished fine tuning it & it was a blast to fly. Learned alot about balance & trim, my next kit will be better.
BTW, it almost seems like I enjoy building as much if not more than flying. Am I nuts?
Mark
Old 07-23-2005, 06:11 AM
tsands
My Feedback: (3)

No your not nuts I built 2 before I ever learned to fly. I love building these things.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:45 AM
D Bronk

SCHMALTZY : THE bright side is,if you like to build;The crashes are perfect excuses for a reason to buy,and build more planes JUST be sure to crash,SAFELY!!!
P.S. DON`t be too obvious,she`ll catch on to your tricks.GET at least, 2-3 flights in first!!![sm=spinnyeyes.gif].AND make sure she`s there to see it happen. PLAY terribly upset and you could probably take her with you to the LHS,directly from the airfield,to chose the newest VICTIM, I mean model.TAKE it one step further and LET her even pick one out, that way she`ll get attached to it too[sm=sunsmiley.gif]. PLAY your cards right and I can see a new CAREER in the future for ya!!! I`m sorry if I offend you, I`m just laffin my ***** off over my new found scheme.Can`t see why it wouldn`t work. DAVE B. (brilliant, even if I do say so myself)..