Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Survey-Youngest to Oldest Pilots

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Survey-Youngest to Oldest Pilots

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 08:15 PM
R/CBOONE72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Survey-Youngest to Oldest Pilots

I started last year at 13. It was a eagle 63, i flew that 5 times i think, 5 tanks. Now i fly 3d in both, i own a trex 450 se, 3 cp pro's and ive been flying helies for 5 months. i can can rol and hover upside down fow a litle bit, not long. I like flying big airplanes, i own a 41 percent yak 54, which i 3d and a 37 percent extra 300 which is only arobatic. Then lots of little ones. .40 to .60 sized, 2 balsa novas and a profile sukoi which i love. I wish i could find someone in my area to help me in the heli part.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:28 PM
scalemaster90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been into flying since the day i was born.. literally.. my first stop home from the hospital was at the airport. I am now 16, been flying since I was about 6 or 7
Old 02-19-2007, 02:19 PM
darkerimage

I started flying a couple of years ago with a couple of years with trucks before that (sold trucks last summer) now 30 years old.
I realized earlier on that I was going to crash so I had my second trainer kit in the garage before the 1st one saw the runway. Also a little impatient to wait for help didn't save me any money either. I now have 5 planes and working on a 6th ranging from spad combat to a 27% extra 300 with a 3W twin 48 and smoke. Recently picked up a t-rex 450 SE and have experience crashing helis. Sim is worth its weight in gold. Spads are a cheap way to learn to fly, I would build one during the week and take 2 to the field on the weekend. Usually 1 survived and I would have to build another the next week so I could fly the next weekend. They are durable but I learned how to wreck them LOL. Dedication and lack of fear for crashing can make you a decient pilot in a short time.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 PM
MEINSHNAKE

i am 14 learning to fly in april and then starting to build my real plane with my dad... My dad is planning on building a rc plane aswell.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:53 PM
JHVC

Hi all:

I´m 14. I started to fly when I was 12, and it was a great experience

Now, I am flying 3D. My first 3D plane was a Twist 60 (I have it for 5 months) and I think it isn´t the best 3D but I really like as it flies.

In Mexico this hobby is more expensive [:'(][:@]

Sorry my bad english [&o]

Regards from Mexico!
Humberto Vivanco Jr.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:59 PM
roc_kie

I was 29 when I started in airplanes, 34 now.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:50 PM
neflyte3

Started with a Tower Trainer 40 when i was 10 now 26.