Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Second crash for my Super Air

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Second crash for my Super Air

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:29 PM
5focus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second crash for my Super Air

During the maiden flight I got a couple of hits which were full down glitches. I ask a experienced club member to landed for me. Coming in 2 feet off the runway another full down glitch. Results were a broken nose wheel bracket, left wheel brace cracked and a prop. Repairs were easily made.

Next time out I repositioned the receiver and antenna. No problems that day.

Today flying every thing was going well for 5 minutes, then again the full down glitches started up. The glitches were quit little bumps as before but were happening about every 15 seconds. I brought it in and was flaring about a foot over the runway and BAM! Full down again. Nose wheel broke out of the firewall and both wing wheels loosened up, the prop was ok.

I'm using a Electron 6 receiver and found out that 3 other guys had problems with the same receiver. I had no problems with flying electrics but maybe the nitro plane is too much for it. I just ordered from Tower the Hi Tech Supreme ll which should take care of any further problems.

Super Air with a Magnum .46
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14758.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	927621  
Old 04-11-2008, 06:40 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts
Default RE: Second crash for my Super Air

Nice bird! If it keeps happening try a .24 GHZ radio not much seems to affect them.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:04 AM
speedair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Second crash for my Super Air

Try futaba receivers and gear they are the best gear out