Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Gens Ace 4 cell 2200 25c

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 05:47 AM
prebres
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gens Ace 4 cell 2200 25c

Guys,

I just got my first Gens Ace battery, and I am impressed. I got the 4s1p 2200 25c from [link=http://www.hobbypartz.com]HobbyPartz[/link]. I have been flying Zeus, Zippy, and eFlite brand batteries in the past and wanted to try something new.
I got this battery to put in my eFlite Advance 25. I have a 60 amp eFlite Esc and eFlite Power 25 motor in this plane. I have been getting run times in the 6 minute range with about 80% use on the LiPo.
Here are my initial thoughts on the Gens Ace:

First, they are using nice wire. I use Deans plugs so I cut off the bullet plugs that all these batteries come with. When I have done this with the Zippy and Rhino's in the past I noticed that they were somewhat harder to solder. The Gens Ace soldered very well.

Second, using my same flying style (moderately hard aerobatics) I have had to put back in about 1800Mah. With the Gens Ace, I have been putting back about 200 Mah less. I don't know why, maybe they have a little more punch so Im not using as much throttle.

All in all, i would say they make a nice battery. Since I have only had this one for a day or say I can't speak of longevity....but we will see.

Here's my plane with the Gens Ace....

Gens Ace by prebres, on Flickr
Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Swift427

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gens Ace 4 cell 2200 25c

ORIGINAL: prebres
All in all, i would say they make a nice battery. Since I have only had this one for a day or say I can't speak of longevity....but we will see.
How's it doing now? My guess is that you're just as pleased with it's performance now as when you posted.

I have had to put back in about 1800Mah. With the Gens Ace, I have been putting back about 200 Mah less. I don't know why, maybe they have a little more punch so Im not using as much throttle.
Right-On. Your Gens Ace 25C rating is at or very close to its continuous discharge label rating. Whereas, some other cheaper less reliable brands have sold packs having inconsistent cell quality with overrated continuous discharge labeling (e.g. 20C instead of 25C rating).

Think, I'm correct in surmising that with your moderately hard aerobatics a 4S/2200/25C will deplete less capacity than the same flying style and time using an overrated 25C that is closer to being a 4S/2200/20C? Does someone know if this is true? (this is assuming both packs have identical 2200mAh capacity)

Second, using my same flying style (moderately hard aerobatics) I have had to put back in about 1800Mah. With the Gens Ace, I have been putting back about 200 Mah less. I don't know why, maybe they have a little more punch so Im not using as much throttle.
Are you saying you were depleting 1800mAh of 2200mAh capacity with your previous Z,Z,eF packs, and were only depleting 1600mAh while still flying for 6 minutes with your Gens Ace pack. How much have you increased your flying time beyond 6 minutes by depleting an additional 200mAh or 1800mAh like before with your Z,Z,eF packs, instead of just 1600mAh with your Gens Ace pack.