Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Charge two packs simo.?

Old 03-15-2005, 05:58 PM
varmit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charge two packs simo.?

I have a Kokam 502 charger and two lipo 1500 mah 11.1v batteries. can I charge both simo. using a 13.5 volt 1.5 amp regulated power supply and chargeing at 1.5 amp ? would appreciate any info.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:10 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Charge two packs simo.?

I wouldn't... if you short two batts together that don't have a fairly balanced charge on them, you're liable to fry them... the more highly charged batt will discharge into the other one at a very high current rate. You're liable to exceed the discharge rating of the higher charged batt, and certainly exceed the charge rate of the other. If you run those batts in parallel in your plane, then that's just like a 2P batt pack... the batts will be balanced, and shorting them together should be OK...
Old 03-16-2005, 08:47 PM
woodduck-RCU

Default RE: Charge two packs simo.?

I did not do this with lipos but I tried it with 12 volt gel cel flight pack batteries and it overcharged one of them to the point
of burning up.