Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

i just had a catastrophic main rotor disintegration.too many parts to police up in the yard.im still learning but i am tired of having fun stopped because of some obscure part that has failed.what kind of main rotor assembely should i buy and advise on other parts i can semi bulletproof
Old 05-01-2006, 08:57 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had a problem with the control tray pushrods fitting loose, so I have been putting a dab of RTV Silicone sealer on the joints to help keep em from flying off, and so far it seems to work fine. It doesn't seem to impede the movement at all... And it will come off easily with just your fingers when necessary. Is that what poped off on yours ? Dennis
Old 05-01-2006, 09:06 PM

the little ball joint snaps pop off and then the momentum threw the rotors and countless other parts.is there a bolt on replacement unit that is better quality but doesnt cost the same as the entire machine.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: skymortar

the little ball joint snaps pop off and then the momentum threw the rotors and countless other parts.is there a bolt on replacement unit that is better quality but doesnt cost the same as the entire machine.
Good news and bad news. Yes there's a bolt on high quality head. Bad news, entire machine price. But I think you already knew tha But think about it, isn't peace of mind worth $110
Old 05-02-2006, 07:47 AM

Well.... I've been battling a problem with my Blade for the last couple weeks. It started as tail wagging, which I troubleshot, replaced the tail motor and found nothing. Now I get pretty violent jumps up and down. Yesterday, I took the 4 in 1 apart to inspect for cold soler joints, etc. Nothing.....

Now I noticed that when I apply power to the heli, during and after the arming, the servos are jittering. It just keeps getting worse. While adjusting the gyro gain, the main rotor jumped and wacked my arm. I think it's time for a new 4 in 1.

Doug
Old 05-02-2006, 08:25 AM

You can contact Product Support department for technical support questions on E-Flite products. You can reach them by phone, our toll free number is (877)504-0233. Or by e-mail at [email protected].
Old 05-02-2006, 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: djdavidcp

Well.... I've been battling a problem with my Blade for the last couple weeks. It started as tail wagging, which I troubleshot, replaced the tail motor and found nothing. Now I get pretty violent jumps up and down. Yesterday, I took the 4 in 1 apart to inspect for cold soler joints, etc. Nothing.....

Now I noticed that when I apply power to the heli, during and after the arming, the servos are jittering. It just keeps getting worse. While adjusting the gyro gain, the main rotor jumped and wacked my arm. I think it's time for a new 4 in 1.

Doug
You may be right, especially since adjusting the gyro should have nothing to do with the main. That's a serious glitch. One suggestion is to run the antenna wire between your fingernails and see if you have a break in the wire.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:55 AM

I got my Blade CP Last Thursday and immediatley started the Radd's School of rotary flight program, i did all the excercises and i can tell that after 4 days of practicing i'm able to do a decent hover, that was untill yesterday when i started noticing that the tail motor was loosing power and when i manually tried to move the tail rotor it seemed like the motor was jammed, now the motor won't even try to move. I was reading the thread and noticed that the tail motor problem is very common, but hell! if i'll need to change the tail motor after every 10 or 11 flights this is gonna be a very expensive and boring hobby as i'll expend more time changing motors than airborne. So, what are my aternatives? can i fix the motor or i most change it? Should i try a DD fix? Please help me out with this. This is my first heli and i'm a total noob.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:11 PM

Some motors last longer than others, so they won't all burn out that fast. You could also try lubing the tail shaft and bearings. That often makes a big difference.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: hugoliva

So, what are my aternatives? can i fix the motor or i most change it? Should i try a DD fix? Please help me out with this. This is my first heli and i'm a total noob.
A company called Icon Micro makes a belt drive tail mod specifically for the Blade (same drive system the Trex uses) , might be worth checking out. My first suggestion is a tail heat sink if you're not already using one (I have two on mine), and a heavier duty motor.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:44 PM

I stumbled onto the Horizon website yesterday, and saw an ad for a new "Blade CP Pro". Comes with lipo, lipo charger, bell-hiller mixer, symetrical blades, heat sinks, etc. Priced about $249. It also said something about plug-n-play ready for gyro and ESC, IOW, you would not have to hack the controller in order to use another ESC (brushless) or gyro. Also, the transmitters sounded similar, except for an adjustment knob for the idle-up.

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1300]BCP Pro[/link]

Considering the upgrades included, not all that bad of a deal.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: toprudder

I stumbled onto the Horizon website yesterday, and saw an ad for a new "Blade CP Pro". Comes with lipo, lipo charger, bell-hiller mixer, symetrical blades, heat sinks, etc. Priced about $249. It also said something about plug-n-play ready for gyro and ESC, IOW, you would not have to hack the controller in order to use another ESC (brushless) or gyro. Also, the transmitters sounded similar, except for an adjustment knob for the idle-up.

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1300]BCP Pro[/link]

Yeah. Take another $100- off and it almost matches the $150 delivered I paid for my Honey Bee CP2.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: zguy
Yeah. Take another $100- off and it almost matches the $150 delivered I paid for my Honey Bee CP2.
You got me there! I splattered my BCP and ended up buying the bare-bones HB CP2 instead of trying to rebuild everything. IMHO, the HB CP2 flies much better than the stock BCP. If I had it to do over again, I would go the HB CP2 route in the first place.

Bob R.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:54 AM

You can put a Futaba GY240 Heading Hold Gyro on the Blade Cp without hacking as well. Someone here did it and posted pictures. If you look in the list of threads, there was a thread created about it with details.

I think the HB CP2 is a good deal too. The only thing that stopped me from the CP2, is that my LHS has all the Blade CP parts in stock, so I can crash, and be in the air again within hours usually.

Doug
Old 05-03-2006, 08:02 AM

Here's the link to the GY240 gyro upgrade......

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4004261/tm.htm

Doug
Old 05-03-2006, 08:35 AM

You can put a Futaba GY240 Heading Hold Gyro on the Blade Cp without hacking as well. Someone here did it and posted pictures. If you look in the list of threads, there was a thread created about it with details.
I just read that, and he said he had to do some solder work inside the controller.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:52 PM

I just talked the LHS about upgrading the Blade CP. He is getting Ron Osinski to show him how to do the esc/brushless upgrade on his blade cp. Once he gets his switched over, he is gonna give me a call, and I am gonna check his out, and switch mine over. Ron Osinski is a member of Team JR, and did lots and lots of design and consulting on the Blade CP, so I deffinitely am going to trust him to tinker with mine. They had an indoor fly at the Pittsburgh Steelers practice facility recently, and Ron was doing death spirals and waterfalls with his Blade CP. He said it is like putting a turbine in the helicopter, compared to stock. Also, helidirect has those blue twin motor tail pods, which I am going to use. By doing so, I can run Li-Po batteries without constant fear that the tail motor will just give up in the middle of a flight.

I also ordered the retractable landing gear for my Airwolf fuselage and picked up a stock E-Flite servo to use for the retracts. Right now, I have my 9CHP radio programmed to run the landing gear on CH 5. so far, it works ok. I have tested it, with the servo mounted randomly to the helicopter, to make sure it won't cause glitches or whatever, and it appears to be doing fine. it's not stressing the battery any more than usual, so I am also happy about that.

John
Old 05-03-2006, 11:25 PM

Hey Zoo!

I would like more info on that belt drive thing for BCP. I tried a search for Icon Micro and nothing.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:15 AM

http://www.iconmicrodesigns.com/
Old 05-04-2006, 01:58 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks !!! Very interesting... Looks like it gets expensive too...
Old 05-04-2006, 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis Flora

Thanks !!! Very interesting... Looks like it gets expensive too...
Aren't you glad we're flying Blades instead of Raptors?
Old 05-04-2006, 12:23 PM

I'm curiuos. What is needed to go brushless using the stock BCP electronics? And what are you guys using that have done this?

I was looking at the new BCP Pro. Apparently it uses a seperate receiver and 3 in 1 unit and a different transmitter. The 3 in 1 uses ESCs for the main and tail motors and is compatible with brushless motors, also it's capable of using heading hold gyros without any mods.

Doug
Old 05-04-2006, 02:05 PM

Doug,
I'll be able to tell you exactly what is needed on Tuesday when I go to the LHS to get my parts, and some instruction. Briefly though, E-Flite ESC, brushless motor, and servo extension are all that is needed. You have to open up the 4-n-1 case to install the ESC, but apparently, it's not too complicated.

Old 05-04-2006, 03:47 PM

.... The 3 in 1 uses ESCs for the main and tail motors and is compatible with brushless motors.....
Doug, I don't see how the ESCs can work for both brushed and brushless motors.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:06 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3D? how well does this bird do 3D, and what mods would i need to do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.