Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 02:22 AM
{EH}Talon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

Any way to hook this up to the sim cause the guy at the heli shop said the jack is useless i think its for a buddy box personally

cause theres a switch for it an all

Old 05-07-2006, 03:12 AM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, it a buddy box socket, your right !!!
Old 05-07-2006, 03:13 PM
zooland1

ORIGINAL: {EH}Talon

Any way to hook this up to the sim cause the guy at the heli shop said the jack is useless i think its for a buddy box personally
IIRC you can hook it up to G2 or 3 with the correct cable, but its so close to the Realflight controller IMO it wouldn't be of any benefit. I also believe I remember somebody using it in FMS with a program called PPJOY. It takes a special cable that runs about $15. I also remember reading a thread a long time ago where somebody made their own cable. I remember it specifically because I was going to make one before I got my 7C.

Dennis---any luck installing the file yet? You'll love flying this thing if you can find somebody to help you with it. I actually think it's closer to the blade than the rex. Very touchy on the cyclic.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:34 PM
{EH}Talon

i have the cable from my Df4 and all the fixins like ppjoy and FMS and stuff but i dont want to try cause i think thats what fried my DF TX :S

i just owned another set of blades

my rudder caught on the ground and just flew off and it rolled my heli so that sucked ass

i was in the store and saw carbon fiber blades but the guy said i needed to upgrade to the areobatic kit before i can use thoes is that true ?

if so how much does it run and if not ima get me a pair lol

and are they really that strong ? like i can crash and they wont get owned

the main reason for my blades beiing owned is the cover thingy paint stuff comes off and makes the head wobble WAY to much
Old 05-07-2006, 05:00 PM
JPiantanida

I use Clearview along with the cable from milehighwings. It is very realistic. In fact I always try to fly the sim for a couple of minutes before I go out to really fly. I find it helps.

cause theres a switch for it an all

Old 05-07-2006, 08:01 PM
zooland1

i was in the store and saw carbon fiber blades but the guy said i needed to upgrade to the areobatic kit before i can use thoes is that true ?
All you really need is the 9t pinion, lipos help too. Just rmember that more durable blades means other parts are more vulnerable. Blades are cheap and easy to replace..
Old 05-07-2006, 08:40 PM
{EH}Talon

well **** i just smoked my last pair of blades god

but cheap ?

17$ a pair isnt cheap :SS

im fliying with theese ones now and at the end the white paint **** is shipped a little

can i use my DF4 blades ? :P
Old 05-07-2006, 09:00 PM
newbladepilot

Well guy's it happend.

The best fly day I 've ever had. First of all, it was three seperate sessions(batteries). Before today I'd usually crash it somewhere in the second battery. The first two were pretty good. Comprised mostly of short semi-sustained, hops due to a slight breeze. The last session was the best. Between only three seperate hops I hovered for pretty much a whole battery. Unbelievable. For the first two hops, the longer the hover became, the more I shook. I think that and the wind caused the last blade strike that set of blades could take. Then, on the third hop, with a fresh set of blades, while I was in mid hover and I was all tensed up, I thought, "Your doin' it, just relax, you'll still be doin' it". I relaxed and then I got a big grin on my face. Also, I had two guy's from the apt. building that were standing there watching. I was concernicus about them watching but it was still the best hover session I've ever had. Three awesome sessions with not only no bad crackups, but the copter is still flight ready with fresh blades. When you can return your model to the shelf in better shape than before the flight, you've had a good day.

Just a little closer to the $1200 I gonna have to drop on a TREX set-up. :-)

I attribute my success to proper trimming, good blades, a good battery(by "good" I don't just mean fully charged. I mean a good, fully charged battery) and no wind. No wind probably the biggest factor. A little wind causes the BCP to go all screwball. To control it in a wind, you have to be a better pilot than I am. But it's coming.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:09 PM
JPiantanida

Damn that evil wind! I live in Florida. The wind has been my enemy for the last 3 months.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Mr Ammo

Congratulations...there is a euphoria experienced when you finally break through and things work right!
My instructor busted my bubble when he said this is wonderful for nose out, now lets focus on nose in hovering. There are many who gave up long before they got to where you are now!
Good job!
Old 05-07-2006, 10:26 PM
freeonthree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im still not on that nose in stuff either. The few times I whipped it around, I got confused and munched. It's gotta be nerves though, cause I fly all over the place, and nose with ease on the simulator. It can be quite frustrating...
Old 05-08-2006, 12:08 AM
{EH}Talon

is it at all safe to use my DF4 blades ?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Skiddz

ORIGINAL: Dennis Flora

Im still not on that nose in stuff either. The few times I whipped it around, I got confused and munched. It's gotta be nerves though, cause I fly all over the place, and nose with ease on the simulator. It can be quite frustrating...
This is caused by the financial factor being a very real thing as you "burn" electrons versus twiddling pixels. On the sim, I can do all kinds of inverted stuff and fly nose in as long as the heli is moving forward a little bit, but put the real thing in the air and the most I'm willing to risk is forward flight.. Go figure..

Old 05-08-2006, 09:59 AM
kuplo

well **** i just smoked my last pair of blades god
but cheap ?
im fliying with theese ones now and at the end the white paint **** is shipped a little
I didnt think it was so cheap after replacing just two sets of mainblades, so I bought the plasti-blades from jcshobbies.com Sure they cost a couple dollars more but have already proved to me that they far outlast the stock wooden blades. And what Im finding currently is that instead of a $17.00 blade breaking I might break a $4.00 blade grip instead. Which is definately the lesser of two evils.

$4.00 vrs $17.00 hmmmm No brainer there. [:-]
Old 05-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Mr Ammo

check out helidirect.com, zooland1 turned me on to this site, hey 8 buck blades...
Old 05-08-2006, 10:45 AM
zooland1

They are only $8 here for flat bottoms, syms are $11. As far as the DF's, all I can say is try it and see. If it won't lift off or it goes nuts once it does they won't work.

Just a note:
Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)
Old 05-08-2006, 07:01 PM
baddley

Hey

How are you guys doing. Does anybody know a website or a good place to get the allen head bolts for the blade grips. These are the bolts that actually hold the blades onto the grips. I have tried Lowes and places of that nature and have had no luck.

I would like to find a different place besides Horizon this time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Scott
Old 05-08-2006, 07:17 PM
leftspin

http://www4.mailordercentral.com/hel...?number=144697

ORIGINAL: baddley

Hey

How are you guys doing. Does anybody know a website or a good place to get the allen head bolts for the blade grips. These are the bolts that actually hold the blades onto the grips. I have tried Lowes and places of that nature and have had no luck.

I would like to find a different place besides Horizon this time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Scott
Old 05-08-2006, 09:23 PM
zooland1

ORIGINAL: baddley

Hey

Does anybody know a website or a good place to get the allen head bolts for the blade grips.
Do you have an Ace hardware nearby. They're the only ones I've found that carry metrics. Both of ours sadly went out of business, but I bought everything they had before they closed. My lhs has 2-56 bolts as well, which can be used if necessary (you have to change the nuts too). Good luck. You don't really need allens, although they are convenient.

The Hobbytown USA in Atlanta had metrics too, now that I tink about it. Do a search in google and see if you've got one in the area.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Spinmachinist

Leftspin,
One source to get all types of socket head capscrews and related items, is MSC Direct. This is manhatten supply company. They handle all types of metric capscrews and other items that are machine shop related. The down side is they have a minimum order. They carry metal and plastic stock also. I bought a whole box of those metric screws. They sell all types of things check out there website.
Randy,

The thrill of flying is greater then the sound of crashing ! [&:]
Old 05-09-2006, 02:32 PM
JSS28

I just bought my Blade CP. Its my first helicopter and I am taking things slow. I am following Radds training like people have advised others. I am also waiting for my Sim cable to come in so that I can get some Sim time. My question is this, my trainer switch does not stay activated when I switch it. Is it supposed to?
Old 05-09-2006, 02:35 PM
leftspin

No, it's a momentary switch. Basically, it's a panic button, it hands over control of the heli to another transmitter connected to it via the trainer port on the back. Usually, there's a more experienced pilot on the other transmitter
Old 05-09-2006, 03:25 PM
JSS28

Thanks leftspin. Just ordered 2 more stock batteries for my CP and the Bell Mixer upgrade to add later. I am still a little nervous about switching to LiPos, anyone have any advice.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Mr Ammo

There is no comparison to Li Pos, these encrease your flying time 3 fold per charge and can get you in the air and get you training, I never should have waited as long as I did before the switch
Old 05-09-2006, 03:54 PM
JSS28

I am just very nervous when I see all the reports about these things catching on fire. I know that they were most likely mishandled in some way. I am looking for a step by step LiPo instruction manual (i.e. How to Discharge if needed, How to charge safely and charger recommendations, How To Store (Full Charge or not) I know this is probably out there somewhere but I am looking for some input/opinions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.