Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Eflite Blade CX

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 11:52 AM
AGR26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eflite Blade CX

Well Boys! I'm back in the Co-axial Heli market!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:42 PM
jm_obrien
My Feedback: (6)

Well, I gotta tell you about two years ago I first tried micro heli's with an Ikarus Piccolo. For those that are not familiar it is a fixed pitch micro heli. Anyway, after being severely discouraged when I couldn't get it to hover well I put it aside and went right back to my old reliable ground vehicles. Now, I talked myself into trying it again but this time with the E-Flite Blade CX and I first put it in the air three days ago. Since then I found this thread and read every post. Now I'm flying it all over my living room, into the kitchen landing on the breakfast table, countertop and the couch! Yeah, the wife just loves it too!

This thing is awesome, last night while trying to land on my couch I didn't realize how close the blades were to the seatback and snapped off a tiny piece of one of the top blades. I had extra blades but I figured I'd try to fly it anyway and it did, very smoothly too. When I replaced the blade I remembered a previous thread talking about the numbered blades for weight. I learned that the heli came with 1's installed and my extras were 2's so I replaced both uppers and I was off again.

Today, while trying to turn the lightswitch off with the cx's tail I put it into the wall (roughly from whatever height a lightswitch is at HAHA) and all that happened was the flybar hub holder popped off. Again, reading previous threads either mine is different than yours or I got lucky but instead of breaking it just popped off! When I put it back on I tried flying it again and right before liftoff it wobbled violently and tipped over, I immediately shut off all power to avoid blade breakage AND 4-in-1 trouble. Now, I remembered ANOTHER thread speaking of how important it is for the flybar linkage to be just as it was before crash. It's hard for me to explain but just look at the way yours is now. If you're looking at the linkage where it attaches to the flybar it should go down to the blade from left to right. You can put this on again going down from right to left as I did but it will fall on it's side as mine did.

Anyway, I know it's a long post but I'd love to see someone post most common fixes, tips, hints. Example, numbers on blades, cooling holes to fix yaw problems etc. Also, just to let everyone know Realflight G2 is the main reason for my progression and it's definately worth the money.

Jon
Old 08-18-2006, 11:02 PM
shhhhucantcme

Hey Jm
try drilling some holes in your receiver case. This helped so much on mine that I actually have just the cicuit board taped to the holder now.
I also cut a little more under the front of the body. About an 1 1/2 from the front of the nose to where the new cut begins.
I also fly with a carbon fiber boom now so plenty of air gets in.

Mark
Keep it in the air, not in the garbage can!
Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2006, 11:25 PM
jm_obrien
My Feedback: (6)

Yeah, I'm waiting on the motor heatsink to come in now. I'm not having a real big yaw problem as others have stated. At first it goes left, then to the right just before the battery dumps, no big deal. I'm extremely impressed by how well this heli handles/flies for the $$$. I can't complain about anything with this bird yet, might be looking to upgrade soon. After several more flights on the sim anyway
Old 08-20-2006, 01:24 PM
intgr462

Hello.
I am new in this r/c helicopter. Got a blade cx a weel ago. I am having a hard time hovering. It's keep drifting back and left when facing the front of the heli. I'd crash it yersterday with the power on, I turn it off as fast as I can. Now when I try to connect the battery, the top rotor spin very fast by it self with out any in put and the lower blade did not move. Can anyone tell me what to do? I have to disconect the battery for the top blade to stop.The 4 in 1 look OK, no burn or sign of any damaged. Please help. Thank you.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Psikelly

Doesnt sound good. !st make sure your throttle trim and stick are back all the way before you power up.

Get your nose real close to the 4 in 1 and see what you can smell. If it smells like fried electronics then build yourself a small cross, dig a hole in the backyard and, well, you get the picture.

Look real close at the 4 in 1 as well and see if you can see any melted parts. If you want just take the 4 screws out of the 4 in 1 and carefull seperate it and look inside at the board. If its burnt at all you should notice it right away.

Maybe your hobby shop will replace it for you? Always worth a shot if thats what the prob is but thats what it sounds like. To me at least.

If anyone thinks differently feel free to correct me and get this guy in the air again
Old 08-20-2006, 04:51 PM
ct420

Yeah, sounds like another mosFET went short. This can happen with little to no outward sign of damage. Usually, if it's horribly burned/melted, that will mean that it falls open, and will not turn the rotor at all....
Old 08-20-2006, 10:11 PM
jltray

Heli are new to me also. I bought my CX Friday, trimmed it out and having it hovering pretty well. Can't seem to get it rock steady like the demo in the store, but I'll keep trying.

Slightly busted my first set of top blades the first day. That was due to training gear getting stuck in some grass and tilting the aircraft. I have now removed them and it does seem easier to control.

My question is has anyone charge the li-po battery with a Triton charger. It charges my other batteris just fine, i even have the temperature probe to protect from over heating. If so do i just use the BEC battery connector?

Thanks
Jimmy
Old 08-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Psikelly

Yupyup. I use my own charger and it doesnt have the leads for the balancer. It just plugs into the standard JST connectot that comes on the lipos. As long as youve charged lipos before and know what youre doing then youre fine.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:41 AM
intgr462

I did take the 4in1 apart, and it look OK, no burn or melted metal. I even took the board out of the palstic case, and everything look nomal. put it back together, plug the battery in and the same thing happend, the top blade spinning real fast, the lower blade stay still this is with the throttle in the lowest position. Look like I need to buy a new 4in1 isn't it? By the way it did not smell any burn at all.
Anyone can guide me how to set up so it dose not drift back to the left when I get it going agani? Thank you.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:56 AM
shhhhucantcme

intgr462

As you suspect it is the 4in1 It does not have to smell burnt to be doing what you describe. I had the same problem after slamming into a tree months ago.

When you install the new one try a test flight then get back to us on issues concerning yaw and drifting. These are simple fixes.

My cx stays put for a long time in hover as long as there is no breeze. Believe it or not, even the ac running in your house will disrupt this light heli.

Mark
Old 08-21-2006, 01:00 AM
ve7sat

My crash was worse than I thought.Blew the Power Mosfet in the receiver.The toy store won't have new 4-in-1's in till Friday but have a few Mosfets comming on Wed. so will see how hard it is to replace the bad one.Have it off the board and cleaned up the pads so it shouldn't be to hard.Ordered 2 Carbon Fiber tail pieces off E-bay with a good mechanical hook up,mine is OK but his is nicer and the cost was good.Had my best flite in the underground parking lot,took off the training skids and it flew just beautifull,,landed and took off,,hovered head height for a few minutes and everything was great till I took it outside and a breeze got me.The toy store is close and they have everything you need so ordered many parts that are prone to breaking and new batteries and motors..Have to find a Hirobo XRB Stabilizer and do the Mod to it.Cut the hole cut in the Front Canopy and will cut holes in the 4-in-1 for cooling and will put the Heet Sink on this time.I can tell you before you do the Mods it's nice,,but after the Mods with the Black Canopy and tail section it's a real flyer and looks great.Hold the Battery in with a rubber band and it never moves.have a 1/2 in tube to wrap the antenna wire aroung them Heet Shrink and attach it to the outside landing gear at the top with zip straps.New blades will be ballanced from other blade Mods that were on here.Will take a little more pride in my work now as the finished product looks great and if it's very breeze free will maybe take it outside again and stay away from anything close.This is a toy you can play with,,Modify,,and make it look like a real killer,,and if you place safe it flys safe and great,,if you get ruff it costs you and while waiting for parts have down time.I have RC Race cars and Monster Trucks but this little Copter realy turns me on.Have fun guys,,, Charlie
Old 08-21-2006, 01:10 AM
shhhhucantcme

ve7sat

Did you buy the 24.95 carbon fiber or the 19.99 one?

I have both it is a shame that the guy with the nice vertical and horizontal fins has such a crappy boom holder. The guy who has the good boom holder with allen head set screws just has the one vertical fin. These 2 should get together and sell a better product. I have bought extra pieces from each guy and now put my own together. I also needed to CA aan antenna tube to the bottom of the boom so that my wires for the lighting did not interfere with the antenna since I run the tail lights out the boom.

Mark
Old 08-21-2006, 01:37 AM
shhhhucantcme

Here are some pictures of the upgrades. It is more realistic lQQking to me now!

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27504.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	510581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86552.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	510582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34347.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	510583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv60283.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	510584  
Old 08-21-2006, 02:11 AM
ve7sat

Don't think we got it from the same guy,,mine was $19.99 and has the custum Gen 3 Adapter and with just an end virtical tail.On the one I made the tail came up when I bottomed out stopping the props but I didn't have the throttle turned right off so blew the Mosfet.My Canopy is Flat black and the tail will be the same.Will do the Flybar Mod,,and make a gig to ballance the blades,have heat sink and the new metel top center and will try it out.If one takes a little time and pride in ones work and does the Mods this little bird flies just great.Want to put a SPDT on off switch in line for the motors,,just looking for a spot to put it..was thinking abot lights but haven't decided as yet.It's the Mods that make this bird easy to fly,,and I meen easy and once you'r plabe comes down and it looks like low batteries you have to stop right there,,land it and stop.Let it cool,,recharge the batteries and all is fine.I have 4 batteries an get 10-11 min. on each one.Just .In a hobbie cost is just a meens to the end and at my age I just don't care.The entertainment I get our-weighs everything.But no windy days.Could you tell me how you get a picture on this page,,size,,file size and the whole rigomo,,you have a nice Bird Charlie
Old 08-21-2006, 02:14 AM
ve7sat

Forgot to ask you about you'r landing gear,,thats nice,,could you put a full set of pics on this Mod,,Thanks Charlie in BC
Old 08-21-2006, 05:45 AM
AGR26

ORIGINAL: shhhhucantcme

Here are some pictures of the upgrades. It is more realistic lQQking to me now!

Mark
That looks really nice, Mark!

And.............. I bought another CX. I found a good deal, so I went for it. Maybe later, I'll go CP. But; for now, I'll be happy! I need to consider a cool CF Boom, too.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Psikelly

Thats pretty cool lookin with the super landing gear.I had also modified the tail boom whe I had my CX and found it flew nicer. That looks like a whole new heli now. Good job!
Old 08-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Ricksp65

Wow just had mine out and the uper rotor blade snaped for no aparent reason you guys think you need to change these things after a wile?
Old 08-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Psikelly

Maybe you crashed it before and it had a crack that you didnt notice?
Old 08-21-2006, 05:15 PM
1david

Hi, can anyone help, I purchased a blade-cx about a month ago had a couple of flights with it and it flew very well of coure i already had to replace the upper and lower blade a few times and also replaced the inner shaft about a week ago it began to lose power i could only get the heli to hover about a foot off the ground or so. I thought maybe i had drained the 2-cell batt to low so i purchased a new one and charged it but i still have the same results indoors it gets i little higher off the ground about 3 to 4 feet in the air but outside it doesnt get much more than about a foot or so..... thanxs
Old 08-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Psikelly

Sounds like your motors are almost dead. They get pretty hot after a full flight. The motors in the CX generally have about a 20 hour life span. Sometimes more and sometimes less. Luckily a pair of motors are only worth about 20-25 bucks.

1 thing you wanna do to lenghthen their lives are get a heat sink on them.Asmall hole in the canopy right in front of the motor helps a lot too.

Toss a couple new motors in there and Im sure youll be flying again.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:18 PM
slick6320

I had a similar problem recently. It turned out that I did not have the lower hub attached correctly: I didn’t have the upper screws in the holes.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:58 AM
Ricksp65

well I think I found the couse of the rotor braking I think wen I was trying to fly into the brezz about 3 mph I found that if you hit the pich to forword or revirce to quikly the top and bottom blade hit and it snaps the ends off has this happend to aneyone yeat?
Old 08-22-2006, 07:05 AM
crosborne

Yep, you only do it a few times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.