Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Eflite Blade CX

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Widdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eflite Blade CX

New to the blade cx.... Loving every minute i can fly it. I do have a big question...............Is it normal for the upper swash plate to split from the lower plate? Had a hard time flying it the other day. Then i looked at it closely and found the 2 parts had come apart. I pushed them back together and it flu flawless. Was just wondering before i buy a new one which will be cnc aluminum. thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 02:18 PM
NitroBobby

it's never happened to me, but from what i hear it's a relatively common problem for the swash plate to seperate. you can use a bit of glue to put it back together, or buy an aluminum one.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:40 PM
heli.clay

i wanna pick up the carbon fiber boom, skids and police body. . . best vendors??
Old 03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
tracminhvu

Hi all,
I am new to the CX, if my top blade won't spin at all with the left stick up, the lower blade is working fine, what part should i check? the CX is about 3 months old. Thanks,
Old 03-16-2007, 10:56 AM
frednjess

Check the mixer box in the front canopy. There's a little dial that adjusts the motor speeds. The included flat screwdriver fits the adjustment dial, just be careful, it's delicate. Also, if you break it they're $40-$50 to replace. If that doesn't work, check the upper blade motor. They are pretty cheap and wear out. On the bright side, they're cheap to replace. Good luck.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:16 PM
tracminhvu

frednjess,
thanks for your response, I did play with the mixer with no luck, how I find out if the motor or the 4-1 controller?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:49 PM
frednjess

You can pull the suspect motor and hook it up to another ESC and receiver to see if it spins. If the motor spins, the 4 in 1 is shot. If the motor doesn't run, motor's bad. WARNING- If the motor doesn't spin, shut down the throttle quickly or you can kill your test ESC. If you don't have the spare parts you can disconnect the wires to the bad motor and test to see if you're getting current to the motor. The circuit testers are cheap and simple, gator clip on one end and a "pen" point on the other with a light in between. Disconnect your wires from the bad motor, hook up the test lightto the wires from the 4 in 1, install the battery, throttle up. If your test light comes on, the motor is bad. No light means the 4 in 1 is bad. Have fun!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:44 PM
tracminhvu

Well, it turned out to be a bad connector from 4-1 to the motor, after plug in/out a few time it works fine again! thanks you for all advices.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:04 PM
zestril5

I fried my 4-in-one a while ago. Since I have another cx and 2 cx2s I was just gonna write it off and used parts for the other machines. Now I decided I want to rebuild it so I bought everything except servos and motor new, including the 4-in-one. After getting it together one of the servos wasn't working. Replaced it. All ready to go and I sit it on the floor, throttle up and it just sits there and spins clockwise on it's axis. OK so maybe there's a bad motor. I went this far so I replaced both motors. No amount of trim or turning of the proportional screw has any effect. I know the motors are plugged in correctly because the blades spin exactly like they do on the 3 heli's that fly. Just for kicks though I reversed the motor connections and VIOLA no spin. unfortunately no take off either. I picked up the little guy and throttle up and it wanted to go down. So I put the connections back the right way. Replaced the inner and out shafts again and checked for any binding or gear teeth problems or any other looseness. (It's not the first time I've replaced parts by a long shot).
Please any suggestions to solve this spinning problem?
Old 03-16-2007, 04:11 PM
frednjess

no problem.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:09 AM
rayelljay

Only other thing I can think of is excessive friction somewhere between the two transmissions....isn't there supposed to be a bushing between the to counter-rotating gears adjacent to the motors. This is where the vertical up thrust is applied to the main body....where it all happens.
You can assemble virtually the complete system outside the machine and check it......check that the two screws holding the lower head to it's drive "tube" are not causing a pinch to be applied to the inner drive shaft.
I'm flying a cx-2 and the only mod I made is a tail boom.....she's hit the ground a few times but I've never had a problem with her.

Another day above ground.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:56 AM
dexon

rayelljay is right - too tight could cause that.

But is rudder action doing ANYTHING?? (Throttle trim all the way down..... apply full rudder and *slowly* throttle up...)

I assume you remember to unplug battery before adjusting set screws on the 4-in-1.
When I have to adjust 4-in-1 from scratch, I start with a mid setting on
both srews...

If all else fails then a systematic process of elimination should do the trick. Lucky for you that you have
working helis to compare tests to.

Good luck.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:29 AM
changinglivesma

Yes, here is the home made skids and battery box. Perfect flight outdoors with the added weigth.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Pro-Z Racing

Hi Guys just wanted to show off a few of my custom carbon fiber booms.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neato!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:58 AM
marrec159

Nice tail booms, also displays another nice thing about the CX2, no antenna wire all over the landing gear.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:59 PM
lextek
My Feedback: (1)

Well I've had my CX2 for a couple of months. I did the alloy head upgrades and did the longer shafts and shorter flybar. What fun copter! I realized to not over fly it. It is meant to hover and fly "gentle". Once I calmed down the fun factor shot through the ceiling. It is capable in zero wind as long as you don't push it. I see a CP Pro in my near future. This is a great forum with ons of info!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:21 PM
futura

I've got quite a number of other micro's and mini heli's. I got my son a BCX about a year ago and have enjoyed it myself in the basement many times. It gave him something to fly when we all went to the gym on heli night before he finally moved on to his own mini heli. Anyhow, I broke my ankle in three places on Tuesday night [:@] and had surgery on Wednesday. I got home yesterday afternoon and am stuck in bed for at least a week. Today when my son got home from school, he brought me his BCX and told me to fly it around the bedroom while lying in bed.....talk about a life saver. I can't get out of bed but I still get to fly. The charge is sitting on the bedside table charging batteries as I type. The cats, who usually sleep on the bed with me are not happy..[>:]

I love this little machine. Just thought I'd share a good story with you all.

Happy flying
Old 05-21-2007, 02:40 PM
gway17

Great CX etal parts. http://www.microheli.com/mhshop/inde...4c75ae56cc2a41
Old 05-21-2007, 02:57 PM
gway17

9oz camera on a CX.........what a riot !

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98849.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	688865  
Old 05-21-2007, 07:31 PM
lextek
My Feedback: (1)

Just got my CF boom from Boom Town Hobbies. Awesome service! The CX2 really does fly better. I was flying outside after dinner , we had a bunch of family over. Everyone wants a Blade now. Super product.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Falcon26

Has any one found a place to buy Air Wolf body for Blade CX 2
Old 06-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Wolfpackin

Falcon26,
Check the thread in this forum titled "Blade CX2 Body Kits. One of the links there had the Air Wolf body.
Sorry I don't remember which one, though.