Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Eflite Blade CX

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 02:13 PM
soloboss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eflite Blade CX

I can't give you any lift ratios or anything, but I have heard a number of fliers talk about increased rotor speed and less lift and less flight time at altitude. I can tell the difference between and 80 degree day and a 60 degree day flying my Park Zone Super Decathlon airplane. Some guys are talking about significantly reduced flight times at 5000 ft. Maybe you need bigger blades on the heli!
So how the heck do you counter thin air? Fly downhill?
I'm sure someone has an answer. We aren't all flatlanders.
soloboss
Old 11-25-2006, 08:30 AM
dross61049

A quick question! After scanning all the posts on the Blade CX I cannot seem to find the answer. I've had my Blade CX for several months now and can fly in my cramped one-bedroom apartment rather well. Of course I've crashed and learned but after a recent doosie I have noticed the lower set of blades are not tracking correctly. Now I have replaced everything that broke and know that there is no adjustment for the lower blades. Can I have overlooked something? The only thing I have not replaced is the outer tube that carries the lower blade holder. It did not seem to need replacing but I could be wrong. Thanks for your help! Dave.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:52 AM
CCbusa05

Check your lower rotor head to see if one (or both) of the pins that insert into the blade has broken off. Happened to me once and went undetected until I noticed ill-tracking lower blades.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Djm2U

If you did bust your lower blade pins here is a fix that you can do.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_35...17/key_/tm.htm

Scroll down to find my post with the repair pictures. Mine has crashed millions of times and since my fix I have never replaced the lower blade holder.

OK now WHERE IS MY CX2 GRRRRRRRRR. I suffering withdrawal. I sold mine to get the new one. In fact i was soooooooo bored I had to paint a yellow one. Oh well guess I will have to fly my MX400 PRO in the house now lol.

And yes it looks like this one I did along time ago for another friend

[link=http://www.canadianrc.com/crc/bladecx.wmv]Video Of it![/link]

Old 11-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Zephyros

ORIGINAL: Djm2U

If you did bust your lower blade pins here is a fix that you can do.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_35...17/key_/tm.htm

Scroll down to find my post with the repair pictures. Mine has crashed millions of times and since my fix I have never replaced the lower blade holder.

OK now WHERE IS MY CX2 GRRRRRRRRR. I suffering withdrawal. I sold mine to get the new one. In fact i was soooooooo bored I had to paint a yellow one. Oh well guess I will have to fly my MX400 PRO in the house now lol.
Thanks for the repair tip, I've added it to my bookmarks in case I need if for my new CX2.

Can you give us a link for what you said in the above link, "We all know the fix for the 1212 with tread and ca."

I ordered my CX2 from myrcsupply.net for $159, they said they will start shipping this week, can't wait.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:37 AM
CCbusa05

Outstanding paint jobs! Great controlled and realistic flight too!
Old 11-26-2006, 12:02 PM
shamos69

Hey guys, first let me say i'm new here, i'm thinking of purchasing the new Blade CX2 and i've been doin alot of reading online about the predecessor the Blade CX both PROS and CONS, i'm thinking of upgrading all the available parts I can to aluminum...reason being I live in Jamaica and they're almost no Local Hobby Stores here and the ones that are here don't carry much especially R/C Helis so anything i'd need to purchase for my Heli would have to be online and that usually takes WEEKS for things to get here not to mention if things are incorrectly shipped the time, trouble and effort it would take to have to send back and wait for the correct replacement. Now I basically see two places to get AL replacement parts.....Microheli and Eflite itself but i've read alot of posts about people sayin that they have upgraded to more than one or two AL parts and it sumhow affect the birds ability to fly and/or stability......so I have some questions to ANYONE who has these parts or any experience with them because i'm thinking of upgrading ALL the parts that are available in aluminum, living in Jamaica bein the prob again, so here goes:

1)I'd love to hear from members with these parts and their opinions on them
2)Wat are the weights of ALL the individual EFLITE and MICROHELI Aluminum parts VS the stock plastic factory parts???
3)Has anyone had any probs with mixing the AL parts from EFLITE and MICROHELI together because sum parts are cheaper from one manufacturer to another???
Old 11-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Swanky Pants

Sham,

I'm new to the Blade CX world myself (about a month now). My advice, without knowing your budget, is as follows:

1) Aluminum hub for the top rotor... a 100% MUST
2) At $3.99 a pack, as many extra blades as you can afford
3) One extra set of landing gear
4) A bottle of CA glue
5) Training gear if you've never flown before (but it does effect the way it performs)

Anything else, to me, is just bling bling. For coolness factor, I bought an LED kit (www.superbrightleds.com) and the Police body.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-26-2006, 02:15 PM
shamos69

Hey Swanky Pants, thanks for the quick response.....truth is i've already planned out how much i'll spend and it's as follows:
1) goin to wait til early next year after the Blade CX2 has been out alittle to read all the PROS and CONS on it...so it should roughly be about $200 with extra battery, upper and lower main blades and training gear.(as seen on EBAY)
2)full aluminum replacement parts....upper and lower heads, upper and lower blade holders WITH swivel plastic blades and about 4 sets of each blades, upper bearing holder w/ couple bearings, swash plate...basically all the AL parts i can get, blades, bears should run me about $150
3)A complete package from bladecxpro.com....including couple longer inner, outter shafts and shorter fly bar, upgraded air cooled motors, couple batteries they sell there for their motor upgrade...all totalled that should run about $150 or alittle more.

As I said, I live in Jamaica and i'd MUCH rather have more than less of the things I need.....but inregards to the ALUMINUM parts i'd really love sumone to answer the specific questions i've asked.

BY THE WAY...i've seen "CA" alot thoughout these posts and I figured as much it's sum sort of epoxy but wat does it stand for....and would super or crazy glue be as effective?
Old 11-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Swanky Pants

I smiled when you asked the question about the CA glue. Like I said, I'm new, so I asked the same thing last week. There is a big difference (to me) between CA and regular superglue or epoxy. This stuff almost melts the two plastic parts together, instead of just glueing them.

CA stands for cyanoacrylates [tradenames: Hot Stuff, Zap, Crazy Glue, etc.]

As for the weight of all the AL parts, somewhere I've seen where a guy weighs all the parts but can't remember where.

Why not start a new post that gets to the chase? "How much do all the Blade CX aluminum parts weigh?".
Old 11-26-2006, 02:53 PM
shamos69

Thanks....man u'r quick with ur responses......I think i'll do jus that.....i'd really love to get to the bottom of y sum people jus don't have good experiences with the Aluminum parts...as far as I see they should weigh the same if not less than the plastic parts.....good looking out Swanky.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Swanky Pants

Sham,

Remember how I told you to get an extra set of landing gear and some CA glue?

Yeah, um, I just broke my landing gear on (what I thought) was a soft landing in some grass. I have one leg of my landing gear in three pieces. Let's just see how good this CA glue holds up!
Old 11-26-2006, 05:32 PM
shamos69

Hey Swank, where exactly is breaking on ur landing gear? They seem to be pretty frail and u'd think that they'd have an Aluminum replacement part for that, unless they do and I don't kno about it.....is it possible u could provide sum pics so I could get a better understanding of wat happened...also...if it's cool with u, I use MSN IM so if u want we could chat there instead of me havin to periodically check back here for responses................by the by...I found the threat u were tellin me about where the guys weighs sum of the AL parts and it turns out they actually make the overall weight of the Heli 6.6 grams heavier.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Zephyros

ORIGINAL: shamos69
by the by...I found the threat u were tellin me about where the guys weighs sum of the AL parts and it turns out they actually make the overall weight of the Heli 6.6 grams heavier.
Hi shamos69,
Can you post the link the the "Heli 6.6 grams heavier" thread?
Thanks
Old 11-26-2006, 10:56 PM
spiderdan

does anyone have the cx with the upgraded heads, swash plate, and blade mounts. i do and have a problem with it being unstable with the upper blade mount on. i had to ream out the fly bar link to get the blades to move freely but it is still unstable. anyone have a sugg. what i should do?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:30 AM
shamos69

Sure Zephyros.......

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4803089/tm.htm[/link]
Old 11-27-2006, 02:51 PM
dross61049

Thanks CCBusa05 for replying! I checked the lower head, nothing out of the ordinary. Usually after a good crash. I'll take the heli almost all the way down and "readjust" everything as well as replace what's broken. Not only are the lower blades not tracking correctly but it seems to be a little too responsive. Not near as stable as before. I'm going to replace the outer tube this afternoon and go from there!! Thanks again!
Old 11-28-2006, 11:46 AM
profuse

Hey spiderdan -

I have all of MicroHeli aluminum accessories, and the only one I noticed issues with were the upper and lower blade grips. While the fact that the blades fold upon impact, the blade grips themselves gave me issues.

I am currently using an aluminum swashplate, outer shaft lower blade hub, bearing holder, inner shaft upper blade hub w/ steel shaft. I left the blade grips off, and she's stable again. I agree with Swanky Pants, the inner shaft upper blade hub w/ steel shaft is a MUST, since this piece breaks easily. The other parts I'm not so sure are really an improvement, except for strength.

As for the other parts, I don't notice a hinderance in performance. When you mentioned that you "had to ream out the fly bar link to get the blades to move freely", did you mean that you straightened the flybar? Are your upper blades feeling stiff in movement when you manually move the flybar from side to side? This was something I noticed as well, and it stopped when I removed the upper blade grips and replaced them with stock blades. I left the inner shaft upper blade hub on, mind you. You may want to look at s a couple of my CX pictures to get an idea of that I'm running. I am not convinced AT ALL, that adding the aluminum parts makes the CX too heavy to fly properly. It just needs to be re-tuned.

Do you notice the upper blade tracking to be off? You may need to adjust the link arm that connects the blades to the upper blade hub.

Is your CX giving you the toiletbowl symptoms? I've also noticed I've bent a couple of outer shafts which are pretty easily replaced, unfortunately it's a little difficult to determine if its bent at all.

One method I use for checking blade tracking is to turn on the heli on, hold the heli down on a table top with your hand on the skids, and slowly give it throttle. This way it won't take off on you, obviously. I use this method to make sure my inner/outer shafts are spinning true as well.

I hope this helps you!
- shane
Old 11-28-2006, 11:58 AM
jasonpsage

One method I use for checking blade tracking is to turn on the heli on, hold the heli down on a table top with your hand on the skids, and slowly give it throttle. This way it won't take off on you, obviously. I use this method to make sure my inner/outer shafts are spinning true as well.

One cautionary note to Add - Holding the landing skids only to prevent take off while checking your bird and adjusting etc. might not be enough. I say this because on my bird, the I remove, reassemble the thing so much, the skids come out kind of easily and I saw this vision of someone with one hand on the skids and another on the remote control giving full throttle - and the bird taking off without the skids!

hahah - just a cautionary note. I'm only saying it could possibly happen.

Jason

Old 11-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Home from the LHS, ready for dissection...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96441.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	568298  
Old 11-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Swanky Pants

You jerk! Can I come over and play????
Old 11-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a tad disappointed the CX-2 transmitter doesn't bind to the AR6000 receiver. But I'll get over that.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Swanky Pants

Paul,

You might as wel start the first Blade CX2 thread and log your experience with it!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:38 PM
soloboss

Here's a tip that I use to check the true of the inner / outer shafts;
remove the blades and the flybar so you have just the shafts. Move the throttle stick full left and advance the throttle slowly to run only the outer shaft and look for runout. Then move the stick fully right and advance it slowly to check the runout of the inner shaft. With the outer shaft running slowly, use a light touch with a felt tip to mark the shaft. If the mark is uniform, it is running true. On the inner shaft, if you have the CNC hub, put the cap on and mark it as the shaft turns. The mark is on the 'heavy' side.
If you have the plastic hub . . . ummm . . . go figure it out. I got you this far. Sorry, it's been a long day.
Soloboss
Old 11-29-2006, 03:14 PM
profuse

Haha, yeah jasonpsage my skids are a little loose as well and i've also noticed that might be an issue. Oh well, no one ever has any fun without trying first eh?

And soloboss, that's a good idea. I didn't think of that. I'll test it out later and see what turns up!

- shane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.