Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX-2

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CX-2

Ok i realy want one but how does the charger work??

there is no plug for the wall

Old 12-02-2006, 10:02 AM

Hook it to a car battery or small cell 12v, or you can buy the 23$ AC adapter online or at a LHS, I know, it sucks =/.

Oh - but the CX2 comes with the AC adapter.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:27 AM

the cx2 does come with one ok good to no thanks
Old 12-02-2006, 10:55 AM

I just got a blade cx2 and right out of the box its almost perfect. I had to make minor trim adjustments. Im really happy with how quiet it is compared to my apache ah-64. Ive been flying in my family room it hovers great but its not as perfect as they make it out to be. What i mean is, its not like you can hover and just put the controls down and let it sit there. It always needs a little adjusting. But other than that i love this thing and the body is sweet.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:08 AM

Don't worry about over discharging that battery. Just fly it, and towards the end it will start to take more throttle to keep it in the air. At that point, just land it, and you're done. Then just charge your battery. The OVER discharge would come if you kept pushing it and tried to keep flying or keep the thing in motion until it actually dies completely.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:51 AM

The answer about the charger:
Per the handbook, it can charge with 12V 7Ah Sealed battery or just plug it into the wall
there are two lights on the charger, red & green, When plug the charger into the wall, the red light flash, when plug the battery in, the green light flash, when green light goes off, you are done charging. If both lighs blink, something wrong with the battery.

Anybody know how many time I can charge the battery, I would like to find out the self life of the battery. 50 charges? 100 Charges? I know rechargable battery does not last forever.

I survior my first day of flying my CX2 without a big crash, a few hard landing, just wake up this morning, charging the battery while I am eating my breakfast and ready to have fun again. The heli does needs to adjust the trim everytime I fly. but it is still not bad, just like learning how to ride a bicycle, crash and burn at the beginning, but you will get better later.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:07 PM

Congratulations Tinchao!
I've got 2 CXs, 3 battery packs. I treat them just like Holyschmoley said--just fly until it won't hold altitude any more, then land, let the batt. cool for a couple minutes, hook up to charger.
I use a Sharpie marker to make a tick mark on the battery to keep track of number of recharges.
All three of my batteries have over 50 charge-discharge cycles like that and show no signs of deterioration.
Don't short-circuit, don't overdischarge by trying to keep lifting off after the power-loss, make sure they aren't on fire before you try to recharge.
I also use an unbalanced LiPo charger on occasion instead of the EFlite one; it doesn't seem to make any difference, my cells seem to stay within 0.01 volt of each other.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:38 PM

The first LiPo that came with my CP Pro has over 70 flights and probably 76 charge cycles.

After charge 50 I bought a new battery on impulse and began to charge the old battery on my Triton 2.

Seems to get more flight time when charged with the Triton, I had to fabricate a connector though.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:47 PM

Just had my first flight last night, no drama, but it is much harder than the LHS made it seem, it seems to drift around alot, forward sometimes, then backwards, can't seem t get the trim just right. It will be fine one second, and then start drifting. Oh well I guess more practice is in order.

My question is does using the training gear ( which I am using) really effect the handling? I heard it is easier to fly with out it. I just don't want crash it quite yet. Seeing this is my first heli I need LOTS of practice. But would it be easier to learn without the training gear?
Old 12-02-2006, 03:11 PM

I started on a CP pro, and never touched the training gear that I had bought.

I decided I would learn to land no matter the cost. I think it paid off.

I would say leave them off, and no matter what anyone tells you, despite the quality of the models, these are not precision machines, there are variances in the rotor speeds and servos that you cannot control. AKA - the heli is GOING to drift sometimes, and if you aren't giving slight correctional inputs, there isn't much you can do about it.

I've seen people who have their CX's trimmed to the point of letting go on the right stick for a few seconds at a time, but by no means can they hands off hover for any extended period of time.

My CX2 drifts also, as does most everyones that will post here, keep a steady hover is DEFINITELY an art, and learning without training gear will help you.

First of all - this heli is REAL hard to crash as far as over-sticking and dropping it to the earth. More likely than not, you will crash INTO things, walls, doors, cars, etc, etc. If you get going too fast in one direction, the CX2 doesn't correct REAL fast, so getting out of a close call is almost better accomplished by trying to kill the throttle and bring it down before it can impact. CX's will bounce relatively safely from about 1-2 feet provided you hit on a level angle.

Also, I am a firm believer that learning to do most things with a "crutch" (such as beginner modes on RC planes as opposed to 3D rates, etc) cripples your ability to control your machine.

RC flight aint a cheap hobby no matter how good you are, IMHO, learn on the machine as it's meant to be flown and you will feel much more rewarded when you are zipping around the house.

Again, only my personal opinion, but I think my pilot skills are better since I forced myself to fly properly instead of keeping a safety net.

Also - I spent about 70-80 collective hours on FSone flight sim before I even BOUGHT my CP Pro, if this is your first time flying a heli EVER, you may wanna try the gear for half a battery pack, get up in the air, go forward, rotate on the rudder, come back, land at your feet. Once you can set the bird down on a spot you pick ahead of time near yourself, pull the gear off.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:32 PM

I think I will try one more pack with the gear, and see how it goes, still learning the controls. I know this can get expensive, I have been into nitro trucks for a while and that's not cheap either. Just trying not to kill my first or second day. Will see how it goes.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:50 PM

Harvick,

I think you're heading into this with the right frame of mind. If you enjoy it half as much as I do, downtown to knuckle-head crashes are aggrivating. I enjoy keeping mine in the air without any highspeed/crazy manuevers rather than flying it like a stunt pilot and crashing it all the time.

With that said, I'm waiting to get to my LHS for some landing gear and more blades!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:56 PM

Dittos to the above.
I'm hearing something here--people need some guidance and directed practice to be successful at flying a helicopter, even a coaxial one.
Two words:
RADD's
and
Simulator
(in either order, and/or both at once)
Old 12-02-2006, 05:01 PM

DEFINITELY. I completely forgot RADD's, I did that also, with my Cp Pro.

Honestly not sure if the CX is responsive enough in stock form to need RADD's, but it definitely does not hurt.

Also, learning to control the heli while it's facing you head on is the most important thing you can learn.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:08 PM

Hi Guys,

Alot of good information is flowing on this post, keep it up.

For those out there that have never flown a heli and don't have any outside help to start you flying. Radds is a very good tool to learn stick control. As far as training gear, hmmm, I say, whatever you feel comfortable with. They do add some weight and will shorten flight time somewhat.

I've been flying the helis for a year now. My first was the CX, I had a heck of learning curve on it, busted more blades than I can remember. But it gave me the basics of how the heli works and had fun repairing it on crashes. Then upgraded to the CP, the Pro, Falcon 3D, Raptor G2 and now a Trex. It's a fun hobby and can cost ya a arm and a leg. Always have fun with it, it's a hobby.

Got my CX2 this morning, charged 'er up, but haven't flown it yet, been busy with other stuff. Business first, then play time.[8D]

Dave / Choppersrule
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67879.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	570551   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36321.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	570552   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10512.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	570553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey71226.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	570554  
Old 12-02-2006, 06:08 PM

ok all you guys are talking about flight simulator
how bout the game from Microsoft flight simulator that any good for practicing???
Old 12-02-2006, 06:21 PM

I actually went into my local LHS looking to get the CX2, which would be my first heli. I wanted something to learn the basics on and be able to fly around my house. I ended up walking out with the CP Pro, a recommendation from the LHS staff. I made sure to mention that I was a complete beginner... but they said I'd be fine. At the time I never heard about the CP Pro, but I guess I should've done more research. I've been flying it for a week now, well, moslty driving it around the ground, but I think it may be a bit more advanced for my needs/skills. Yesterday I finally rammed it into an obstacle and will need to replace the blades. In general though, I somewhat regret getting the CP Pro instead of a CX2.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:26 PM

I got my CX2 yesterday, just like U, first time RC Heli, fly about 6-7 charge, it drift and need trim but no big accident. Just need to take is slow.
Continue to fly this morning, just clip my blade on my wife's LV handbag :-( No damage to her handbag but a small crack to the lower blade, the blade is so easy to break. I put some crazy glue and letting it dry now. I guess I will head down to the shop to get some back up blade.
I did not use the training gear at all. I don't think you really need them.

Any one know where to get the cheapest blade?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:47 PM

GTjonnyR, MS flight simulator is a game, just like you said. Not useful for learning to fly anything real. I like G3 (not g3.5!) a lot, it has the MX400 heli which I own and the sim's heli flys very realistically. Crashes are muuch cheaper!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:51 PM

Holy Moly mike.w !
The CPPro is your first heli, and it took you a week to wreck your first set of blades?
And you regret starting with the CPP?
Golly. You won't be satisfied with a CX or a CX2.
Spend your money on these two things instead:
EFlite G90 Gyro
and
Direct-drive tail motor retrofit (GWS parts)
You'll be glad you did...
Old 12-02-2006, 07:37 PM

thanks man[8D]
Old 12-02-2006, 07:50 PM

Jelly,

Have you got a website for the direct-drive tail motor, I'm interested in that.

Thanks,

Dave / Choppersrule

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
ORIGINAL: Jellyson

Holy Moly mike.w !
The CPPro is your first heli, and it took you a week to wreck your first set of blades?
And you regret starting with the CPP?
Golly. You won't be satisfied with a CX or a CX2.
Spend your money on these two things instead:
EFlite G90 Gyro
and
Direct-drive tail motor retrofit (GWS parts)
You'll be glad you did...
Old 12-02-2006, 09:59 PM

What is RADD's? I know about the flight simulators, I play it all the time at the LHS. But not familiar with RADDS
Old 12-02-2006, 10:23 PM

Harvick,

RADD's is a training course for new flyers and walks you through, the steps necessary to fly your heli. If your new to the heli world and don't have anyone to get you started. Check out Radds. It will help ya alot to understand the stick controls.

Here's the link: http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

Good luck and have fun with this hobby, takes time.

Dave / Choppersrule

ORIGINAL: Harvick

What is RADD's? I know about the flight simulators, I play it all the time at the LHS. But not familiar with RADDS
Old 12-02-2006, 10:35 PM

I don't remember where I got the info
It's the same setup Kyle Stacey uses on his BCPP
I put a pic on another thread somehwere...

the parts are probably on the rack at your LHS, that's where I found mine
tail motor is GWS part number GW/EDP-50H
blade with adapter is GWS number GW/H001-FD5002-030B
the motor fits right into the hole for the stock motor but the screw holes need to be "drifted" over a bit
and the shaft hole needs to be re-centered to clear the GWS adapter
And the GWS blade needs to spin in the opposite direction from the stock blade

and you will need a verrry verrry small tiny little metric allen wrench for the setscrews
I am a micromachinist, engineering technician and aircraft mechanic, and I have literally two tons of tools
and I don't have one...
I had to modify a teeny little screwdriver to drive the setscrews.

And it's fun when the setscrews come loose in flight...it's a pusher so it doesn't fly off, but the heli starts a neat torque-yaw pirouette and you get to test your hover orientation skills right quick like.

I've flown off about 6 packs since I installed it and I can't wait for the weather to clear up so I can fly it outside. It really is a big improvement, especially in idle-up mode.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.