Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

I'm moving on already!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm moving on already!

I have been flying and learning the CX2 for only one month and I already crave trying a single rotor. I commented in another thread here somewhere I had decided that when I purchased my "next step" heli it was gonna be a HBK2 (reply to Soloboss), but I changed my mind. I just purchased a HBFP4 instead.

I hope I didn't make a bad decision going with the simple flat-pitch heli instead of the collective-pitch, but hey, for only $75 dollars I am really not out much if I don't like the HBFP4 so it will all be good either way. Worse scenario is I have to e-bay it and move to something else, no big deal and I'll learn more about RC heli's along the way[8D]

As a side note, I have no intentions of getting rid of my CX2. The CX2 is just to much fun and I just oredered a new canopy to paint and some parts to build a custom flybar!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:19 PM

Default RE: I'm moving on already!

Forgive me what is an HBK2?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Forgive me what is an HBK2?
Honey Bee King 2 made by Esky
Old 01-25-2008, 08:42 PM

RMG2
Good move. The transition from coaxial to single rotor is . . . interesting. You will find that some of the stuff you learned on the CX will move to the FP (fixed pitch) but you are probably going to use the tail in flight until you get the whole thing figured out. And by that time you will need to go back and work with the CX to re-learn the directional orientation.
I expect that the Esky is as rugged as my Falcon 40 or Stump3r's Walkera #4. From the photos in the ads, it looks to be another iteration of the same heli I have. It looks identical right down to the bits that whirl and make it fly. If that's the case I don't know that you could find a better trainer. With the CX, every blade strike was a buck a blade hit. And I had to straighten the flybar. My Falcon just keeps coming back time after time after time. I did manage to break a blade today. That's 3 blades since I got the Falcon. And I've hit stuff amazingly hard because the rotors run faster and they are longer than the CX.
When you get the HBFP remember the basics. Balance the tail rotor. Pull the rubber thing off the tail drive pin and pull the tail out to disengage the drive pins so the rotor spins freely. Balance the rotor on the pin so there is no heavy end. I sand mine to get it even. Take the main blades off and weigh them, or just balance them. While the blades are off, level the paddles on the flybar and spin them up to see that they track true. The main blades are heavy and it takes very little to shake the heli, so get the balance very good.
A single rotor heli will always want to pull left when it lifts. That's due to the push of the tail rotor. Make sure you have room toward the left so the heli doesn't hit anything before you catch it.
Most of it you will learn with practice. Heck, that's the fun of it all! I took off my training gear on day two because it makes the heli fly weird. I also found that the super skids make the heli more stable because they add a little weight down low. The performance version of the Super Skids looks less cool but it's a better deal for a fixed pitch. You'll also find that the CX LiPO batteries work really well and weigh far less than stock batteries, but the stock heli with the LiPO's is really light and flighty. If you outgrew the CX2 in a month, you may pick this fixed pitch right up with no problems. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Good luck and have fun.
Soloboss
Old 01-25-2008, 09:02 PM

Please stop this! Now I am researching the HBK2 as well! I am taking to the CX2 like a duck to water........I shall resist for some time as I develop my skills though

Rikybob
Old 01-25-2008, 10:33 PM

Resistance is futile! You'll be getting that single rotor sooner than you think!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:50 AM

Soloboss, thanks very kindly for the information and I'll certainly take you up on your offer for help as I need it.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:35 AM

This forum drives me nuts !!!!!!

First i got a Dynam Vortex V2 which apparently no one has heard of, between myself and the lhs owner we have come to the conclusion that is a turkey, the proportianal on the throttle was rubbish and i would not reccommend it to anyone but in the process of this i stumbled accross RC Univeres.............

Ive now bought a cx 2 and used the cx 2 upgrade thread to use the vortex parts that are considered as upgrades to now "pimp" my cx2 and i love it its great !!

And now due to this forums influence ive just gone to my lhs and ordered a esky belt cp. I too are moving up to single rotor birds.

Can i please request the forum stop giving people the bug to go out and spend there money immediatly as my girlfriend wont talk to me anymore due to my new obbsession

I think the cx2 will be worth its weight in gold as a " trainer " for the belt cp and save my ****less trips to lhs and cash withdrawls
Old 01-26-2008, 08:29 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Coyote, I agree with everything you're saying. But should we talk about the 4 heliopters I have in my garage now, or the next one I know I'll "need"? Doc
Old 01-26-2008, 10:15 AM

@ Flying Foot Doc

4 !!!!!!

It really is like an addiction issnt it lol

If you have 4 and i only have two (3rd on way) what will be the fourth ill need / must have to complete my journey to the dark side of the force ?????????

RMG2 i think its a good idea to go to fp first though............ its a great excuess to buy yet another when you feel right with the fp
Old 01-26-2008, 09:58 PM

I stared flying the saber and them switched to the cx after putting more then $100 back in to the saber so take your time