Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

How to sell a CX

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:02 PM
soloboss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to sell a CX

This is not an advertisement. It's a question - or a series of questions.
I'm going to sell my beloved CX. It's been the mule and test squirrel for all of those experiments that led to the CX Setup Paper. It was stock for 90% of its flying life, then started to get upgrades until now it's pretty much a full performance heli.

So questions.
Do I sell it at RC Universe or Ebay?
Do I restore it to stock canopy with Boomtown Skids and boom with the Xtreme motors? I can do that and sell the Xtreme blades and grips separately. And I can sell the painted Xtreme canopy /skids / tail as a set, all painted if the buyer likes blue.
Or I can sell it fully modified with the stock parts and spares in the box.

It is a CX, not a CX2. I don't have problems with stay radio signals and glitching. It's a really nice heli with a new canopy and spare stock blades and the stock motors are still good. This heli has seen very little flight time (seems odd, but true). It spent it's entire life ON THE ORIGINAL BATTERY - just one. When I got the Xtreme batteries I put them into service flying my Falcon 40. The CX just sits.

My thoughts now are to get a new battery, return the heli to stock and sell the upgrades separately.
So, any ideas about how to get back as much money from my "investment" are welcome.

Thanks, Soloboss
Old 03-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Bijan999
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: How to sell a CX

I agree to bring it as close to stock and sell as cheap as possible. Even with all the mods, no one is going to pay much more (if any) more than what they can buy a new one for. I'd say price at $120 in stock form.

Also, sell on Ebay! Stuff goes crazy high, almost as much as you can buy it new. I can't figure it out honestly why someone would give 90% of what something would cost new. Maybe people get caught up in the heat of the moment when bidding, I don't know. Ebay is definitely a sellers market.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:37 PM
stump3r

Million dollar question solo my friend. I was considering selling my blinged CX2 luckily my oldest son has an interest so it will go onto train another rc heli pilot.
Couple schools of thought come to mind.
A) Sell it all lock stock and extra blades. Ebay it with a starting price of 150 bucks and see where it goes.
B) Return to basic stock form Ebay it with a low starting point and see what happens, sell the bling as a kit per say.

Either one with work nicely. For ease of it all take option A.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:05 PM
againstthedevil

Well if I didn't already have one I would definitely buy it from you! knowing you and how you treat your things I'd say it's in tip top shape and probably better than new. If you sell it on ebay the people don't know how you treat your stuff so I'd put in the ebay explaination for people to come to this site and ask us about you, that might put their minds at ease for buying it from you and not someone else. I know this is not a selling sight but I'd say to put it on this site and see if you get any nibbles first, at least you know it's going to someone who will care for it as you did. Just a thought. So if anyone is interested just pm soloboss.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:14 PM
soloboss

I've thought about the fact that this is the "Genuine Soloboss CX" with all the mods. If I had done something truly remarkable to give this little gem star power, I'd try to sell it that way. But it's just a really nice little helicopter that's had an easy life, and lots of changes.

I guess that the reference to this forum for folks to ask about this Soloboss thing wouldn't hurt. And of course I can include an autographed hardcopy of the CX Setup Guide! LOL!!

This is getting a little deep. I gotta get outa here.

Soloboss
Old 03-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Dizzyflyer

Sold my CX2 on e-bay for $190 last month. Not bad..... I had some upgrades (Boomtown boom/skids, extra battery, vortex inner/outer shaft, aluminum upper/lower head). I had more in it than I got back, but I almost flew it for free for a year. The person that bought it got a sweet CX2. It was over a year old and I wanted to put the money toward a Blade 400. I guess you could put it back to stock and part the rest of it out, but I didn't want to go to that much trouble. Plus the guy that bought mine is new to RC so he's got a dialed in heli and hopefully will have a good experience with it (ie..no blade clack...) Hopefully one more added to the RC ranks! Anyway, I am sure whoever gets your CX will get a nice heli !

Dizzyfler
Old 03-02-2008, 09:51 PM
xyster101

I am also toying with the idea of selling mine to fund a B400. That is 25% of the cost. I do have most of the stock parts too, just not the canopy. I have thought about spending the $30 just to put one on it again. Stock looks good, but breaks easy. Let us know how you make out!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:27 PM
quattro1975

I got around $300 for mine. I sold the heli and spare parts as a unit on ebay($160) and sold all the hopup parts I've collected as a separate auction. you have to maximize your product. check my old auctions below. for the hopups, I actually cancelled the auction because some guy from Brazil wanted them. he made me feel bad when I told him i would only sell in the us. it worked out great in the end. we made a deal off ebay. he couldn't get the parts easily and Brazil taxes the crap out of imported products. I got him for $150...close to what i spent. if you sell it as one auction, I dont think you'll get as much. Also, having a lower starting bid(i started at $0.99)...very risky, but it puts blood in the water. However, it can be a stressful week until the final hours when all the sharks that have watching all week finally bid. check this site out for researching ebay(terapeak.com...you can 30 day selling research for free). its a great selling tool. I have to disagree with starting at $150 or even anywhere near $100. its just too much money to ask for a beginner heli that someone can get new for under $200. most likely, the person buying a cx, probably doesn't realize that all the hopups are where they will end up. good luck.

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180208481695]my cx auction[/link]

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180208491768&ssPageName=STRK:MEUS:IT&ih=008]my hopups[/link]

one last thing...take good pics...not blurry ones and describe everything to a T. and if there is absolutely anything wrong with it, let the buyers know. you can see my auctions are very thorough and it pays off. look at the ones that dont sell as high...they consist of one crappy photo and a stock description. these are helicopters...gravity makes them crash periodically...most people know this and are skeptical if the seller doesnt describe the item thoroughly.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:29 PM
soloboss

I'm a small seller on ebay but my rating is 100% (see feedback under my "Soloboss" listing name). As you suggested I do multi shots, pay for the large photos and hyper-detail the product.
You and others have answered my primary question - how to package the heli.

Here's where I am now.
#1 bundle; stock chassis, original stock motors with only one battery put through them, new stock canopy and Boomtown skids / boom kit, stock flybar, mod flybar, eflight upper bearing and cup, eflight inner shaft with alloy top hub, Eflight heat sink, spare stock blades, heavily vented stock 4 in 1 (this is the heli pictured in the Soloboss CX Setup Guide shown online) and spare stock skids and all my extra stock parts and a Common Sense LiPO.
#2 bundle; Xtreme blade grips upper and lower, Xtreme blades (lower pair white, 2 sets died black), Xtreme motors (one each) with 3 packs run through after mild break-in time.
#3 bundle; Xtreme Sport Conversion kit (canopy, skids, tail section) all dyed/painted blue metalic - no obvious breakage or marking. Decals are applied.

Now I have a direction. Thanks for the suggestions from all of you.

So do I include the autographed CX Setup Guide?
LOL!!

Soloboss
Man, no CX on the shelf. This just seems wrong. But so does a $300 helicopter just sitting there on my radio.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:08 PM
clamman
My Feedback: (1)

what are all you guys going to fly in the winter when its to cold out side ? Soloboss sign the cx too its a masterpiece
Old 03-03-2008, 11:42 PM
skilled1

solo, i'm very new to this forum but have read almost everything you, stump3r, xyster101 and several of the other guys have posted about the cx2. i have only had mine for about 2 months now and after reading several of you posts and setup guide have decided to set mine up pretty much the samy way you had yours. i only wish i didn't have one already and could buy the famous "soloboss cx"! as your last post on this thread i think the way you have it packaged is going to work the best on ebay. a good friend of mine just sold his moderately modded cx2 for about $200 in a package deal. considering that it only had e-flite aluminum hopups (lower head, swash, upper head, and a boomtown boom, stock canopy) he got lucky getting that for his. the way you have the kits seperated i think should result in the most money for your next adventure. i hope to catch some of your advice as i progress through my rc heli addiction as you have helped me to modify my cx2 to an amazing heli(well for us beginers). last but not least i have found that seting up ebay auctions to end around thursday or friday mid day to afternoon usually yields the higher final price. take it for what you will.