Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 09:31 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

GLENN,

HOT DAMN, THATS A HUGE FEATHERING SHAFT FOR SURE. HOLY CRAP, THE PARTS FOR THAT THING COST ENOUGHT THAT YOU WILL BE TAKING OUT A SECOND MORTGAGE ON YOUR HOUSE.

Smiles JPee
Old 11-08-2008, 09:47 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys...

My head is getting bigger...LMAO!!!

It's all going very well so far...no snags..but one question, I'm sure Nick knows...but I think I can get through to Nate from Hobby Hangar...it's about the way the linkage ends face...hard to explain here...

Going to take a break, getting a bit stressed....but I'll be back on it in a little while...getting to the part where I'll need some patience and pay attention, the blade grips....

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm35175.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1068393  
Old 11-08-2008, 09:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys...

It's all going very well so far...no snags..but one question, I'm sure Nick knows...but I think I can get through to Nate from Hobby Hangar...it's about the way the linkage ends face...hard to explain here...

Going to take a break, getting a bit stressed....but I'll be back on it in a little while...getting to the part where I'll need some patience and pay attention, the blade grips....

Glenn
Glenn ~

What do you mean linkage ends ? Do you mean the linkage ball-links ? There is a letter "A" like on the 450, and it faces outwards from the linkage ball if that's what you mean ? Not sure.....

~ Jeff
Old 11-08-2008, 10:01 PM
choppersrule

Glenn,

I understand your question. The linkage ends your talking about, there are two types. One will snap onto the ball, either direction the end is facing. Type two, only one way will snap onto the ball correctly. The right way will snap on pretty easily, the wrong way will be almost impossible. It may be in the fine prints / notes in the build manual. Here's a picture of a line for a Logo 10, and they have to have the 2.5 facing out. Check to see if there are any markings on the ends and make sure they all face the same way.

Dave

Hey guys...

Glenn

Name:	Ig13440.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1068404  
Old 11-08-2008, 10:08 PM
J-MICHAEL

Dave ~

Ya always got my back huh ?! Yeah I thought maybe that was what the ol' Glenn miester was talking about... But yeah Glenn, as with the 450 make sure the letter "A" faces outward from the linkage ball... As Dave said, you can't go wrong its clearly marked and one end is easier than the other... The side with the "A" is smaller while the opposite side is a tiddy bit larger to allow it to snap comfortably onto the linkage ball....

Hey Dave..... I got to fly the Vapor today....!.... It was nice today, as no wind... Hek, I even cut off the ol' landing gear...LMAO... Yeah... It's now a throw launch, and catch landing so to speak...Pretty sweet though ! It looks cherry in the sky with no feet dangling from the craft anymore....[8D] I know....I know... I'am a nutcase.... And I love it !....LMAO... ~ Take care Chief....

Good luck Glenn...Holler if ya start going crazy or anything...It also looks like Dave might be on-board for a bit also...(Chief)...[8D] He knows an awful lot when it comes to this heli's... Sometimes I think to much.....

~ Jeff
Old 11-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Evan T.

glenn i know you wont do this but just make sure you dont get mad and force something on and break it because for frustrated because i know that can happen
Old 11-08-2008, 10:32 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah.... Don't get out the "BFH"... That won't help...LMAO...(Big F- Hammer)... Well.... We started unwrapping the little parts bags and spreadin' her out at least getting organized for the kill hopefully by next Monday or Tuesday when the rest of the upgrades should arrive... Hopefully you'll get yours in the air for a hover at least so I can see what she looks like in the air from one of "our own"...

Old 11-08-2008, 10:34 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

wow glenn that 500 is very nice indeed, the canopy alone is worth the price tag lol im jealous, one day I will advance towards a t-rex, if you ever want to sell a b400 anytime soon, for extra cash you know who the man is lol In other news it seems like christmas is here early this year, I just got my dx6i and ar6100 today and here it is

Name:	Hf98184.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1068426  
Old 11-08-2008, 10:43 PM
choppersrule

Glenn,

I have to watch over Jeff, he's the younger kid to me. I'll be a lurking, usually in Stealth mode. But always glad to help the heli folks. Just post any questions, if I can help / advise I will.[8D] Just take your time to make sure EVERYTHING is on the money.
I always say that SET-UP of your helicopter is the key to great flying. If you don't have digital calipers, get some at Harbor Frieght, for about 20 bucks or so. They come in handy for all KINDS of STUFF. LMAO

Jeff Michael,

Your too kind, I know enough about the helicopters and SET-UP to get me in real trouble. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=confused.gif] But always willing to put my nickel in. 2 cents just don't cut it these days.[X(]

Take care ya all, heading to bed,

Dave
ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Dave ~

Ya always got my back huh ?! Yeah I thought maybe that was what the ol' Glenn miester was talking about... But yeah Glenn, as with the 450 make sure the letter "A" faces outward from the linkage ball... As Dave said, you can't go wrong its clearly marked and one end is easier than the other... The side with the "A" is smaller while the opposite side is a tiddy bit larger to allow it to snap comfortably onto the linkage ball....

Hey Dave..... I got to fly the Vapor today....!.... It was nice today, as no wind... Hek, I even cut off the ol' landing gear...LMAO... Yeah... It's now a throw launch, and catch landing so to speak...Pretty sweet though ! It looks cherry in the sky with no feet dangling from the craft anymore....[8D] I know....I know... I'am a nutcase.... And I love it !....LMAO... ~ Take care Chief....

Good luck Glenn...Holler if ya start going crazy or anything...It also looks like Dave might be on-board for a bit also...(Chief)...[8D] He knows an awful lot when it comes to this heli's... Sometimes I think to much.....

~ Jeff
Old 11-08-2008, 10:48 PM
choppersrule

Heli,

You'll love the DX6i, tons of options that will give ya some headaches, to program. Good choice I may add.
Dave

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

wow glenn that 500 is very nice indeed, the canopy alone is worth the price tag lol im jealous, one day I will advance towards a t-rex, if you ever want to sell a b400 anytime soon, for extra cash you know who the man is lol In other news it seems like christmas is here early this year, I just got my dx6i and ar6100 today and here it is

Old 11-08-2008, 10:51 PM
JPEE

Hey Jeff and the Guys,

A beautiful day here after days of high wind. Of course I had to go do an estimate this morning so I could not fly. Then at house two I had work on a pool filter that was sucking air. But ah it was to be.............. I got to fly. Got home just about sun down and as you know Jeff thats 4:30 down here. Took the little woman with and went to the Park. I got one pack in and I was losing my orientation due to the "dusk" hours so I did not push it. One flight is better than none.......right?

Poor Glenn, there are just not enough hours today for him. The excitement must have him ready to explode working on the 500. Confidentially he told me in a PM the only reason he bought it is so he could say he flew his before you!!!!! Just kidding, he said nothing of the sort, but I thought perhaps I could motivate you to get with it kid, don't make me send my ENFORCER Dave up there to make you walk right[>:]

Smiles JPee............a guy pondering many things tonight
Old 11-08-2008, 10:54 PM
HeliStyle

lol thanks choppersrule, I looked at the dx6i when I got it and was like whoaa this is going to be a pain to setup lol
Old 11-08-2008, 11:03 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys..

LOL....nah, I'm not even close to "losing it" yet!!! Just took a little break, that's all...my next step, the grips will require patience, but no BFH....LOL!!!

Thanks for all the tips and ideas...Evan, don't worry, I won't force anything, and Dave, just got new batts for the digital caliper last night...LOL!

Heli, you WILL end up where I am one day if you keep flying...LOL!!

Nah, the issue I am having is the links, yes...and you guys are on the right track...I should have described the issue in more detail...so here it is;

All the linkage plastic ends have the letter "A" as you stated, Jeff. And they all point outwards from the ball...but somewhere, I heard/read that there is one exception...the links that attach to the blade grips are different than the rest, they are smaller...and they have a very small "A" on them...and in the diagram, it sure looks (it's kinda hard to see) like the "A" is pointing TOWARDS the ball on those links....

Somewhere I read or was told that all the "A"s should point out...except in one case...and I'm thinking this is it...but I want to be sure!!

Let me send this...

Glenn
Old 11-08-2008, 11:06 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Have you looked through that manual that's about the size of a dictionary?? LOL!

There IS alot to learn on the DX6i....but of course we are here to help!!

I was amazed at how many things there are to set and adjust at first...but it will become easier as you learn and go along.

Glenn
Old 11-08-2008, 11:12 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Man, you're WAY too neat and tidy...LOL!!

Glenn
Old 11-08-2008, 11:13 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

LOL.... I know I know... I'am slower than a snail in heat...!... I'am to anal about having everything perfect, and all the right gear and upgrades even down to the small stuff like replacing the ugly blue skid bump rubber things, getting servo braided stuff, everything has got to be upgraded etc. etc. Its horrible ! It carries over for my love of anything that has performance and power, and I get obsessed with having it all having to be placed perfect with everything orderly... And then I get to just go and crash it....LMAO... Its like my car engine, it has to be absolutely perfect... I've been told many times that I have obsessed compulsive disorder or whatever ya call it.... My mom when I was young and growing up used to tell me that "there's no inbetween with you is there ?" "You either will do nothing, or will just go all the way to the extreme"... It reminds me now of the 500 sitting here with the "nothing" taking place until I attack it full tilt.... Everything in order, and everything all ready to go.... Geez... The day may never come ! LMAO... 2 years later, I'll be like..... Well guys..... Still waiting on even some more parts... Gotta find the right color ziptie and all.... LOL..... We'll get there...

I'am interested in Glenns build though, and can't wait for the maiden of it... I'am so glad that he has a way now of filming his flights....

Hey JPEE.... You say your pondering many thoughts tonight ? On a serious note, It would be really neat if you did get a 500 or 600 soon though... And you would have all winter to even build it, or acquire equipment for it also, and doing maybe some research... That's all half the fun... The other is flying it... If you do go the 500 or 600 route, I would suggest on getting the ESP models. Cheaper in the long-run... I don't mind taking the long way with it this time, as it will offer me to throw some Microheli parts in the mix along with some of the stuff already being CNC... But you save by just the fact that you get the Torque-tube, CF paddles, CF rotor blades, and a few other things amog that... I'll have mine converged to the ESP model, but it costs much more in the long-run, so just keep it in mind... Don't forget there is always used good deals out there also... Sometimes guys have them on consignment at the local hobby shops, just be aware buying used, but sometimes its not such a bad route...

Take care guys,

~ Jeff

Old 11-08-2008, 11:14 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I don't know if my pic uploaded or not..

Glenn

Name:	Xv64328.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1068437  
Old 11-08-2008, 11:15 PM
HeliStyle

yeah the manual is like a dictionary lol I only glanced at it for a couple of minutes, didn't really read to much, I will though in the next few days while I wait for my parts to come in
Old 11-08-2008, 11:16 PM
J-MICHAEL

Thanks for all the tips and ideas...Evan, don't worry, I won't force anything, and Dave, just got new batts for the digital caliper last night...LOL!
Yeah....Mr gadget freak.... Of course he would have those digital calipers...I forgot also..! I love my pair that I got... But I bet Glenn's is like some Swiss made $400.00 calipers or something, imported from the president and such....LMAO ! ....
Old 11-08-2008, 11:20 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Well...almost...LOL!!

I am using my Harbor Freight $9.99 specials...but I wasn't sure if the battery would fix them...so I brought my good ones from work.

Made in JAPAN....totally Japanese first rate quality, by a company call Mitutoyo....they do super accurate measuring stuff for industrial purposes....those cost me like $150....twenty years ago!!

They measure to the ten-thousands of an inch.. (.0000)

LOL!

Glenn
Old 11-08-2008, 11:21 PM
J-MICHAEL

Heli ~

BTW.... Congrats on your new TX !!! You just opened the door even farther for your advancement in this hobby...Good choice ! Now wait until the ol' lady is sleeping, and order ya one of them little MCX's that you can bind to that beauty.....

Glenn ~

Yeah awesome pic ! I'am a picture freak.... I love viewing everybody's pics and videos especially... Yeah..... Poor Nick.... He's going to get off work, and have to spend a good half-hour catching up on reading....LMAO...!

~ HI NICK...! [8D]

Cheers, (Got to go eat dinner)

~ Jeff
Old 11-08-2008, 11:23 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,

Well...almost...LOL!!

I am using my Harbor Freight $9.99 specials...but I wasn't sure if the battery would fix them...so I brought my good ones from work.

Made in JAPAN....totally Japanese first rate quality, by a company call Mitutoyo....they do super accurate measuring stuff for industrial purposes....those cost me like $150....twenty years ago!!

They measure to the ten-thousands of an inch.. (.0000)

LOL!

Glenn

Holy crap ! I knew it ! I thought mine was expensive for like $50.00 or something....Crazy... Glenn you crack me up.... Man... I would have a ball at your house with all your toys...LOL....
Old 11-08-2008, 11:26 PM
choppersrule

JPEE,

You're right one flight is better than none. Glenn is having a ball and scratching his head a little too. But it's all part of the fun.
When something is in question just post it... Oh, I look at not being the ENFORCER but more of YODA DAVE. LMAO I'm a Sci-Fiction nut to boot. Love Quantum physics.

Heli,

The DX6i is a great TX, and it will be a learning curve to figure things out. Just read the manual, it's all there. If my memory is okay, it's like 140 pages long...YIKES! [8D]

Glenn,

Always something to make things difficult.[X(] On the Blade Grip question. Try it both ways, and see which way is easier to push on the ball. But never force it. Sometimes manuals are hard to deciepher(spelling).
Old 11-08-2008, 11:27 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, you wouldn't run out of gadgets to check out for a while..LOL

I guess I'll build the grips next, and worry about those link ends until Nick gets off of work...

My Hobby Hangar "tech guy" says that they ALL face outwards...but the diagram sure doesn't look like it...I should just check Finless's build videos...I am getting ahead of what I watched, he probably covers it...he does a great job on those vids...

Glenn
Old 11-08-2008, 11:32 PM
rotarydoc

Dave,

That sounds like a good idea. Or maybe Nick will know since he just did his 600 build...I could see what his manual shows or what he did....I just want to make sure it's 100% correct!! Don't need any stinkin' links falling off in mid flight!! LOL!! That would be enough to ruin one's day!!

Or, I might just watch the Finless vids...I'm overstepping them anyways, I only watched until the flybar cage, and I'm past that...

Glenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.