Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

I kind of like flying high. It seems the higher I go the more it sounds like a real helicopter.

I think I have seen the same video of that Gaui 200.

Thanks for the compliment on going inverted. It really feels good that I know I can do it.

I feel the same way about flying towards me. Every time I go fly in my backyard I see the reminder on the siding of what my helicopters can do. Good to hear you got to fly and practice the hard stuff.

Good to hear you were able to adjust easily between flying the B400 and the Gaui.

It sounds like you are going to be busy putting on the tail section for the Gaui and flying with all the new batteries.

I will add more in so the time doesn't run out on me.

Nick

Old 07-16-2008, 11:52 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Well I won't be able to fly the T-Rex for awhile. For awhile I could see part of the dampners coming off and I just thought I should replace them before I fly anymore. While I disassembled the head I saw I put one of the thrust bearings in backwards. Then I used a ball link sizing tool for the first time. Some of my pushrods were really tight on the ball joints and now they are all smooth and easy to move. Then I noticed some of the opposite pushrods were different lengths, so now they are the same lengths. It seems that once I fly a helicopter for awhile I start to notice things I did wrong when I built it. And that is helping to make it fly better with each build. Now I have to go order some dampners tonight or tomorrow.

Nick
Old 07-17-2008, 01:25 PM
evdreamer

I found some spare dampners that came in the kit, so I put those on last night. And I just got one flight in.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Nick
Old 07-17-2008, 03:08 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds good on the dampners, I am glad you had some on hand after all.

Last time I had the B400 head apart, the orings were a little bit worn, so I put new ones in then. They are actually the same ones as a CPP uses. That was when I got the weird oring kit with the fuel tubing.

I got all 5 batteries charged up for the Gaui, I just have to number them. It's really hot here, but not supposed to storm, so I may get some decent amount of time on the Gaui for the first time.

Good luck if you try any more inverted flying!

Glenn
Old 07-17-2008, 03:58 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Today I ordered from Readyheli and got some better dampners and a belt.

I watched a video about the fuel tubing. They cut it to size to put on the spindle in between the dampners, but I can't remember what it did.

Good to hear you might be able to fly the Gaui a lot today.

I don't have a lot of time to fly today, but I do tomorrow and Saturday. So I will try to go out to the baseball field one of those days. And I have been practicing the right flip into the inverted hover a lot on the sim, so I hope that will help out some.

Nick
Old 07-17-2008, 04:09 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I am sure you will be happy with Readyheli, I know I have been! They are awesome.

That is strange on the fuel tubing, I can't picture what it would do, but I guess it does something. It would be nice if they gave you a little instruction sheet with it...

The Gaui batteries seem to take forever to charge on the CX/CPP charger. I guess it's because they are 800ma, and the charger puts out .65 amps, or 650ma. I also imagine it's from me getting used to how fast the Quark 430ma batteries charge at nearly 1 and 1/2 C...

It's good that you will get more flying time in at the field. I have to work Saturday, but I should still be able to fly after I get off.

Have a great day.

Glenn
Old 07-17-2008, 05:21 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

well I just got back from the field, flew 2 packs through the cp pro, had only two small glitches, but that could be because I still havent filled the antenna, but it flew amazing, did some great hovering, its a breeze now, and did alot of forward flight, and my wife was surpised and was like wow lol its becoming so easy now, I can only imagion how I would fly on a belt driven heli, hows everyone been doing?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:01 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds like you are progressing quickly! Great to hear that you had a good flying session, and no crashes. How is the tail holding in flight?

Glad to hear it!

I am getting ready to go flying, it is very hot, but there is very little wind, so it should be good...

I have 5 batteries for the Gaui now, so I should be able to get more practice with it too.

I'll talk to you guys a little later on!

Glenn
Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 PM
HeliStyle

damm five packs already, geez I wish I had that many for my cp pro, the tail motor is holding up pretty good, on this motor I prob have about 12 packs through it and I don't really see a sign of it loosing power and I have my gryo setting pretty high on it too, I can't wait to get out of work and go flying tommorrw.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Well, I got to fly 4 and a half packs tonight before it got too dark for me to be comfortable. The Gaui flies GREAT, I did the best I have ever done with it so far. I can basically do anything with it that I can with the Blade 400...

It's a bit tricky to just hold in a stable hover, it's not nearly as stable as the Quark or the B400, but I didn't expect it to be.

It is MUCH happier flying around, either forward, or doing figure 8's, banked turns, stuff like that than sitting still hovering.

But, considering it's size, it actually hovers very well. One cannot expect such a small heli to hover like a 400 class heli.

All in all, I love it! It's a great heli, and very much fun to fly. I doubt I'll ever fly my CPP again, to be totally honest. I was going to try the direct drive tail for the CPP2 when it comes out, but now, a doubt it.

I had a couple of close calls, the heli is still a bit "slippery" for me, but it's getting easier with each battery pack. It got way out of shape one time, but I was able to bring it back safely. It was very high and very far for such a small heli...for me at least!!

Glad to hear that the CPP tail motor is hanging in there. Seems like I used to be able to get 25-30 flights on mine before the motor got tired and weak.

Have fun flying after work tomorrow!

Glenn
Old 07-17-2008, 08:55 PM
HeliStyle

sounds like your having a blast with your gaui, I guess ill never know what a real heli flies like untill I get a tail driven lol which hopefully is soon, but im having a ball right now with the cp pro even though its not the greatest lol yeah im sure I will start feeling the tail motor going soon, but I have a spare to replace it when it does
Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

The Gaui is very much fun, and challenging at the same time...but a good kind of challenging. With the Gaui, it does exactly what I input to the sticks, and if it does something wrong, it's 100% my fault. It's not a guessing game like with the CPP, which could get frustrating at times.

Just keep practicing with the CPP, it will make you a good pilot! Then, when you do get a belt driven tail heli, it will seem SOOOO nice!

It's always a good idea for the CPP owner to have a spare tail motor or two around at all times...LOL!!

Glad to hear that you are doing so much better, and it sounds like you are really enjoying it alot more too...

Keep up the good work!

Glenn
Old 07-18-2008, 10:52 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Can you put the Gaui batteries on your C505 charger? Then you could increase the current to charge them faster than the CX/CPP charger.

I don't know if I should go fly today. There is no wind and it is 70ish degrees, but it rained last night and the last time I was at the field it also rained the day before. Then the in field was kind of wet. Maybe I will wait till later today to go fly. Good to hear you might get some flying in this weekend.

Good to hear you had fun flying the Gaui yesterday.

Nick
Old 07-18-2008, 03:56 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I do use the C505 at 800ma....but I can only do one battery at at time with it...only puts a small dent in charging 5 batteries. I can almost do two on the C505 in the time it takes to do the other 2 on the Eflite chargers, but that still leaves one battery to go...

Then, if I fly the B400 also, I get way backed up!

Hope the ground dries up so you can fly. It is hot here, no rain, but quite windy. I don't know if I'll fly the Gaui if it's windy. It gets pushed around a bit in the wind, like any heli that light and small.

Have fun if you fly.

Glenn
Old 07-18-2008, 04:39 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It seems like it would take the better part of the day to charge all of those batteries.

I am kind of tired right now, so I don't want to go fly until I am more awake. Sorry to hear about the weather and that you might not be able to fly the gaui.

Nick
Old 07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I managed to get a few flights in tonight. It was windy up until about 8:15 PM, so I only did 3 packs with the two helis, one pack with the B400 while the Gaui was cooling off, and 2 packs with it.

Didn't make any milestone progress, but did force myself to bring the B400 back towards me nose in when it got too far away. I am getting a little more comfortable doing that.

The Gaui is getting more and more comfortable to fly, now that I am getting used to it somewhat.

No issues with the Gaui at all, except the canopy grommets are a pain. One of them keeps coming out of the hole in the canopy, so tonight I am going to try to glue them in place. I didn't know what to use, so I am trying some CA gel, and I think I will follow it up with a bit of clear silicone RTV.

Hope you got some rest, and not so tired.

I have to work tomorrow, but it's not so bad, it's going to be brutally hot during the day tomorrow, so it's not like I'll be missing any flying. I will probably put some decals on the Gaui canopy, since I have not had time to do it yet.

Hope you have some great flying in this weekend!

Glenn
Old 07-18-2008, 11:35 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear you got to fly today and you are getting more comfortable flying nose in.

I always had trouble with the grommets staying in on the CX or the CPP. I can't remember which one since I don't fly them anymore.

I got three flights in today. I am charging my last battery right now. It is supposed to be hot here tomorrow too, so I want to go fly in the morning. I will see how the weather is, then I will decide if I will fly or not.

I got bored on the sim today, so I was flying a jet ranger for something different. Then I went into idle up and did an inverted hover with it. It seemed kind of weird since the real helicopter could never do that in real life.

Nick
Old 07-19-2008, 11:36 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I had a lousy day today. I had to work, and it's hot as heck here, and alot of humidity to go with it. Just miserable.

I flew 1/2 a pack in the B400, and had a minor blade strike, so that ended that. I flew the Gaui for a bit, but it was kinda windy, and not much fun. I really wasn't in the mood to fly, probably why I had the blade strike. I guess working 6 days straight, and the heat added up to make me fatigued, and error prone.

I got the Gaui grommets to stay really nice. I CA'd them first, and then applied some clear RTV, and that seems to work really well.

LOL on the Jet Ranger...I don't know how your sim is, but there is NO WAY the Jet Ranger on G4 will do inverted....it's a big, fat PIG!! It moves around as slow as a slug, and has really slow cyclic response...it's really boring to fly...

There are some guys on the HF Gaui 200 forum that say they have a Gaui 200 for the G4...so I am going to have to check that out!

Take care, hope it cools down for you. I went out earlier to the store, the air is so thick here with humidity, you could practically cut it with a knife...

Glenn
Old 07-19-2008, 11:44 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Well, I stand corrected. It is possible to fly the Jet Ranger on G4 inverted, however lame it may be.

I was trying to use the one with a scale head, and it has no negative pitch in idle up.

The regular Jet Ranger has negative pitch in idle up, but it's still a slow PIG!! LOL

Have fun...

Glenn
Old 07-20-2008, 01:20 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. It is no fun working on weekends. I have been getting lucky that I haven't been scheduled to work on Saturdays, but I usually have to work on every Sunday.

Sorry to hear you had a blade strike with the B400. It was really windy here too. I wanted to go to the baseball field, but it was kind of hard to control the T-Rex in the backyard with the wind, so I didn't bother going.

Cool to hear you got the grommets to stay in place with the Gaui.

The Jet Ranger is slow on the cyclic response too, but fast enough to flip it over kind of close to the ground. The weird thing is I get more throttle or pitch inverted with the Jet Ranger and not the 3D helicopters. I tried changing the pitch and throttle curves, but it doesn't work. There is also a higher head speed in normal mode then idle up. If I got the adapter to use my DX7 with the sim I might get the throttle and pitch curves the way I want, but the transmitter that came with the sim works just fine.

I bet you would have a lot of fun with the Gaui on the sim.

I have flown one of the scale helicopters with the scale head on the G3.5 or 4 at the LHS. It was a little too slow for me, so I went back to the head with the flybar. It kind of looks like an A-Star, but I don't know how to spell the name. It is something like Euricel?

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Nick
Old 07-20-2008, 11:58 AM
HeliStyle

just went for a flight with the cp pro, im doing really good with it now, flying like 15ft now, doing forward flight, and turns and such, still haven't broken any blades yet, but I had a crash from like 8 feet up, it was far away I lost site of it and was bringing it back in, and a little gust of wind came and took it, I corrected it but then it was to late, it hit the ground, no blade damage, but then I looked at the main gear and 3 teeth on it were chewed off, so im going to have to get a new main gear, but other then that, this thing has been a blast to fly
Old 07-20-2008, 12:20 PM
evdreamer

Good to hear you are having fun with the CPP. It would be nice if the gear was seperate from the main shaft, so you didn't have to take the head assembly off to get the main shaft/main gear out.

Nick
Old 07-20-2008, 12:23 PM
HeliStyle

thats exactly I said to myself after I found out the main gear was wrecked lol
Old 07-20-2008, 04:42 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Cool, it sounds like you are doing very well indeed with the CPP lately, and having fun at the same time!

Sounds like it got a little bit too far away, eh? That tends to happen alot to new pilots, I know it does still happen to me from time to time, but not as much as it used to.

Sounds like you got away pretty easy on the crash...the main gear is no biggie to replace. I just got done fixing up my B400 from a little crash last night. No big deal, just a main shaft, feathering shaft, and took a little covering off of the blades, I can reuse them.

I have been doing pretty well with the Gaui, no crashes yet, but some close calls! I just got done earlier with putting the decals on the canopy. It really looks alot better with some decals on it...I attached some pics of it now that it has the decals and the carbon fiber landing gear installed.

Hope you can get the CPP back up in the air again soon! I may fly later on, but it's too hot and windy right now.

Take care, Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72061.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	994207   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24731.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	994208   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70780.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	994209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq42547.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	994210  
Old 07-20-2008, 04:53 PM
HeliStyle

yeah it got alittle to far for me lol, almost corrected it, but there wasnt enough time the ground came to fast lol, the gaui looks pretty friggin sweet, Is that your fav heli now? and do any of you know if the g110 gyro by eflite will help out the cp pro alot, looking at getting one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.