Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 10:35 PM
9sec240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE, I guess the reason I ask is that is a HUGE jump in pinion size. The jump from 10T to 13T is 30% which also results in an increase in head speed of 30%. That is going from 1900 RPMs to 2500 RPMs... that is HUGE!!! The ESP comes with a 14T with an optional 15T... but because the standard pinion size is larger than yours is to begin with, the 1T jump in pinion size is a smaller percentage increase in head speed. Jumping up 2T on the pinion to 12T on yours is going to be a lot still. 1T on yours nets you 10% where 1T on the ESP nets 7%

I have been really researching the 600e/n and 700 heli lately and have tuned in to your posts with great interest.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:03 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Hope the 12T pinion works out better for you.

I pretty much finished up the Velocity. I love the tail (no slop). The quality is a lot better than my 600. The only hard part was trying to get the TT in the gears. If it wasn't perfectly straight, it wouldn't go in. I just need to install the engine and electronics. They had a few upgrades that the manual didn't show, so I had to wing it. I stripped a screw on one of my tail pushrod boom clamp and one of the pushrod balls was stripped, so I will have to get those when I get the electronics.

Nick
Old 10-17-2009, 11:10 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Wow, you guys wrote a book!

Nick,

Wow, I guess the Outrage came in early, eh? LOL, I just got my RC Heli magazine, and lookie what's on the cover... I haven't read the article yet, but I will later this weekend, for sure...

Good luck on the build, I like your idea of cleaning the threads, should help some. The nitros will try to vibrate/shake themselves apart for sure, so any precautions you can take will pay off...

Glad your power supply circuit worked well, and you were able to troubleshoot it and find the issue...

JPEE,

Sounds like your 600 went from a kitten to a TIGER...LOL...maybe a bit too much of a jump from 10 to 13 tooth pinion?

Hope you can find a happy medium that will work well for you...

Jeff,

You can have your Seattle/Washington state weather back now....really....this is ridiculous....been raining pretty much non freakin' stop since Thursday, and still going strong, don't think it's suppose to let up until MONDAY...blew the entire weekend!!!

Actually, we've been really blessed weather wise here until this, so I shouldn't complain I guess....it's just the timing...how come it has to rain alll weekend, and then clear up on MONDAY??? LOL...

Since I was stuck inside, I finally got the incentive to do the B400 repairs....for those of you that forgot, I just tossed the other B400 aside in disgust a couple of weeks ago...the basically stock one, that has had a transplant...old frame and tail drive gear, but still has the Eflite CNC stuff...

I replaced the frame, which was kinda wallowed out where the tailboom goes, and the screwholes for the tailboom area are stripped out...have been wondering if a bit of slop in that area could have been contributing to bad things....

Anyways, it's done, new frame, new tail drive gear, and everything looks good to go...now....will it bend another mainshaft when I take it up??? We'll see, I suppose...

Oh, and I grabbed the GY 401 off of the Raptor, since it's just collecting dust, maybe this time I won't have a mechanical/electrical (stock gyro) failure causing a crash...

About the only good thing about this weather is it has to get better eventually...the long range forcast looks SWEET for later in the week...70's for about 3 days straight...so lunchtime flyin', here I come!!

Glenn

Old 10-17-2009, 11:17 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear that the build went really well...only a few little details, which are always the case....congrats!

Do you have the engine yet?

You'll have to get us some pics when you get caught up...for sure...

That heli should be alot of fun for you...looking forward to hearing how it does...

Not much else new here. They added a Chinook scale heli to Phoenix....looks and flies great...those guys are working hard over there, not sitting around at all...have made a great sim even better...gets better every time I check..

Glenn
Old 10-17-2009, 11:20 PM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: JPEE

The next step was a 12 I think so perhaps the 13 is to big of a jump.
[link=http://www.readyheli.com/H60167_Motor_Pinion_Gear_11T_T_Rex_600_p/h60167.htm]11T Pinion[/link]

Old 10-17-2009, 11:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the Velocity came a lot sooner than I expected.

Sorry to hear your weather isn't the best. Hope the 400 works good again.

The Velocity is a little longer than my 600. Then I show the size comparison between my 600 motor and my Velocity engine.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72466.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1297249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60819.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1297250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26602.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1297251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39864.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1297252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19007.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1297253  
Old 10-18-2009, 12:05 AM
J-MICHAEL

You can have your Seattle/Washington state weather back now....really....this is ridiculous....been raining pretty much non freakin' stop since Thursday, and still going strong, don't think it's suppose to let up until MONDAY...blew the entire weekend!!!

I know lol ! It poured down rain hard here last night... Its been decent weather for awhile other than that. Hek I don't even remember the last time it did rain here until then. We need it though, as we usually compare here in Sequim almost the same as L.A. as far as rainfall totals for the year. We usually get 12-13" a year... So far we only have gotten a bit over 7", but since last night I see we are now over a smidge past 8" for the year total now. And that is from Port Townsend which is about 15 minutes away from Sequim. Sequim actually gets less, because we are in the "rainshadow" or "banana-belt" as they call it. We get the less rainfall out of the whole state of Washington here within a 15 mile radius approx. About an hour away, is Forks, Washington and that is where one of the world's rainforest is. Approximately 165" of rain a year there... Lol... That's where you see ferns and moss growing up in the trees, and where some of the worlds largest trees grow. Big suckers ! Its been VERY dry for them this year however....

For us : Seasonal Total 8.63"

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/mrensi/

For you : Seasonal Total 30.26" .................. YIKES O mighty !!! No wonder you can't ever fly !

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/trenkevens/

Here is good ol' tan JPEE's : Seasonal Total 4.98"

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/yoric/

Hek, and ya think Texas is dry there, and I have a buddy here on the forums and his annual rainfall is above 21" for the year.... Crazy.... Good ol' global warming perhaps ?

Nick ~

That Outrage heli looks awesome.... Nice there is no slop in the tail like the 500 and 600 ESP's have. I finally got around to doing that Finless mod for my T-500's tail grips to remove some slop on them that they had. I also use acetone even just for the electrics to clean the screws off good upon getting ready to loctite some stuff. I throw the screw on the end of my driver, dip my small microfiber towel in some acetone, and then "screw" the screw with the driver on the cloth to get her good and clean. I've never had a screw back out yet cleaning and loctiting using this method. Good thing your taking the extra steps also for the nitro.... +1..... Don't forget to get some of that RX / fuel tank foam stuff....

Name:	Jh14914.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1297259   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76863.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1297260  
Old 10-18-2009, 12:23 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

LOL, thanks for the extensive weather research...

I guess we have had some rain here, I'll bet half of that 30" was since Thursday...LMAO...

Notice the temps here too....last night it was 39 and raining...pretty brutal...and add about a 12 MPH wind to that...ugly!![X(]

I'd almost rather have SNOW...

OH well, it can only get better from here...as I pointed out earlier, hopefully some flight time later this week...

Glenn
Old 10-18-2009, 12:27 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

The Outrage looks awesome, I like all the metal, and the tailbox looks great as well...

Kinda different looking with the anti rotation bracket on the front...but why not?

Man, do you think they have enough frame screws?? Looks very HEAVY DUTY, for sure!

Nice engine! Funny, those engines have not changed much....the one in my GMP Cobra from 20 years ago looked the same...LOL..

I like the nice cooling shroud for the engine too....alot better than the lame thing on the Raptor...should help keep it cool...

Glenn
Old 10-18-2009, 02:12 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The T-Rex 600N also has the anti rotation bracket on front. I don't see why the Velocity needs the anti rotation bracket because it uses an A-arm for the elevator.

Yeah it takes awhile to tighten all the screws. I liked that my 600 hardly uses any screws. However, I can twist my 600 frame and I can't twist the Velocity frame.

I just got done installing the engine, muffler, and plumbing all the fuel lines. I was thinking it would be a lot harder than it was. Did you use thread lock on the mixture needle threads and also did you use thread lock on the throttle linkage screw? The instructions didn't mention about whether to use it or not. I still need to pull a majority of the screws back out in the frame and put thread lock on them, but now it looks like it is almost done. I am not looking forward to drilling holes in the canopy for the mounting screws. I am pretty tempted to pull my servos out of the 600 and put them in the Velocity, so I can fly it sooner.

Nick
Old 10-18-2009, 02:37 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool that you got the engine mounted, and the fuel line plumbing done...making quick work out of this build!

On the OS in the Raptor, the mixture needle has a stiff metal bracket that rubs the mixture screw detent area of the screw; in other words, it's not going anywhere without manually turning it...it's got alot of detent force on the screw, no loctite needed.

How much resistance is there on the mixture screw on the YS? Hopefully, there is a good amount of tension, I don't think you want to use loctite on the mixture threads....at least I've never heard of it...

An old trick from the RC car days comes to mind though...if nothing else, you can cut a piece of fuel tubing to the correct length, (you may have to experiment) and remove the mixture screw, slide the fuel line over the screw, and it will provide some extra tension on the screw, to keep it from changing settings from vibration, etc. You may want to count how far the mixture screw is from the factory before you remove it though, or the manual for the engine might give you a starting point for the screw...

Not sure which part of the throttle linkage, but you want to make darn sure that there is no way that the throttle linkage or arm can ever loosen or fall off, I don't have to tell you what could happen...[X(], so I would definitely loctite any and all linkage points to prevent that from happening...it's hard to say without looking at it, but you can use common sense and imagination as to what could possibly back out or off...and make sure it doesn't!

Looks like that heli should be very stiff indeed...nice looking heli for sure!

I'll bet you are tempted to swap servos for a test flight sooner!!

Have you given much thought to the glow plug battery/starter or main starter yet, as to what you'll get?

Glenn
Old 10-18-2009, 09:46 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah my mixture screw is pretty tight. Did you put thread lock on the glow plug? I don't have one yet to see how tight of a fit it is. It looks like it might be a pain to put the glow driver on, since the throttle servo is pretty much right in front of it.

Helidirect has a starter kit, so I think I will get that. It has everything, but the starter wand.

Nick
Old 10-18-2009, 09:49 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

$20.00 bucks says you didn't even go to bed last night.... LMAO.... You were up playin' with that Outrage Nitro huh mister !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [8D] Don't lie...........
Old 10-18-2009, 12:04 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I was up till 4 working on it.

Nick
Old 10-18-2009, 12:31 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

The glow plug should have a nice copper washer on it, and that not only acts to seal it, but will keep it torqued in pretty well. I have never had one come out, but it's good to check it once in a while. Mine on the Raptor was easy to get to, you may have to get a socket/ratchet if it's in a tight place.

Did you mean that it will be hard to get the glow plug battery on? (I call them Ni starters, after the very popular orange ones that have been around for years) You may want to get a remote kit, like the Raptor has, and mount it on the side, for easy access...usually on the same side as the carb adjustment screws, throttle linkage, etc...they are cheap, and easy to install...

Sounds like you'll be OK on the main mixture screw, there should also be a low speed screw, usually in the middle of the carb barrel...you may want to check it as well.

Cool on the starter kit, you have a link? I'm curious...

I loved the way I had the Raptor set up there towards the end....the Ni starter, and the main starter with Lipo attached, the only two things I needed to carry out to the helipad...besides the heli and radio, of course...

Glenn
Old 10-18-2009, 12:33 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Here's a link to the Ni starters....my favorite, they have been around for years...very popular...

http://www.sonictronics.com/xcart/home.php?cat=430

Glenn
Old 10-18-2009, 03:26 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Thanks for the info on the engines. Yeah I meant it would be hard to attach the Ni starter to the glow plug. I was thinking about getting this extension, but it got a bad review. http://www.helidirect.com/revolution...ter-p-6288.hdx

Here is a link to the starter kit. http://www.helidirect.com/thunder-ti...mbo-p-3621.hdx

I really want to get this heli in the air, so I pulled all the servos and gyro out of my 600 and they are now in the Velocity. I am making the links right now.

Nick
Old 10-18-2009, 03:50 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

You are welcome.

That is interesting on that remote glow adapter\extension getting a bad review, not much to go wrong with that thing, unless it had an open circuit in the wire or connector...mine's a bit different, the glow plug end has a clip on type deal, not a press on cap like that looks like. It worked real well for me, but I don't know who makes it...doesn't say, but the glow end has a wire clip looking thing on it...I'm sure there are better ones out there...

Here's a different design, they seem to like it, and Heliproz does a lot of nitro stuff...

http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=803477

Cool starter kit, everything you should need...even the battery, and all in one case, very convienent!

It should do fine, doesn't say what it's rated for, when the guy I bough the Raptor from tried the first starter he had, it didn't have enough power to turn the .46 over very well....he gave me a more powerful version, a Hobbico Torqmaster 180....the other one was a lower number....I have no idea what the number means, or if it is universal between brands or what...that one says "HD starter" so I would think it would be OK. But, the more power, the better, for when they get flooded, and stubborn...and it will... Just something to keep in mind (worry about...lol)...

LOL, I was thinking earlier that you might be doing just that...could you borrow your buddy's starter and stuff to get it in the air soon?

Glenn
Old 10-18-2009, 03:55 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Oh yeah, speaking of flooding...I made the noob mistake first day of not clamping off the fuel feed line to the carb when I was refueling...had a real nicely flooded engine after that![X(]

Make sure you get some of those snap close fuel line clamps if you have not yet....saves some headaches for sure!

Glenn
Old 10-18-2009, 07:14 PM
JPEE

Guys,

Jeff, Ivan,
Thanks again for all of the information and details on the 600. Between you and Ivan's input heres what I am going to do. I am going to get the 11 tooth, I did not see them when I was there at the LHS so thats step one. Ivan thanks for your great explanation as to how high I jumped up the head speed too, no wonder she was hot! Jeff, I am old school and I cannot not pull out a running 600L simply for more torque. So again I will put in the 11 tooth ONLY because the heli with the 10 tooth can not even be opened up wide without boging herself. So I will not be doing 3D with the 600 anymore, but that I did do loops and such showed me I can do it. I hope that one extra tooth will bring that 10% more power without overloading things and let her fly with enough power to scoot along comfortably. I have the 500 to throw around the skies so I dont need to do the same with the 600.

Today Eric and I did our Sunday fly day at the big open area, it was beautiful and clear and we has some great flying. Now I have to share that of my 400-500-600 I like the 500 the best to fly. Today I got ugly with that old girl. Now my statements are not to be construed as bragging.... please. But today I flew the 500 only in idle-up time after time "I likie". I flew hard and flew high and did my own version of chaos! I took the heli straight up nose up to the sun doing a cork screw along the way, I would get to the roll over and then just simply go crazy with it. Then as she start down I would bring her out and into control and do other move. I was shocked guys............I could do now wrong today. I tried to get crossed up and could not. I even got up there and hit the throttle hold and let he fall and then turn on the RX and corrected her and kept flying. In other words "today" there was nothing I could do to crash or even come near it. It's like something clicked, I did not even an adrenaline rush............there was a level of confindence I have never had before in my two years of flying. Call it the perfect storm. Next week I will take the helmet cam.

Today this place where we (4 guys) fly is where we have lost signal on our planes and helis both. There must be some high 2.4 gig routers and/or cordless phones in the homes that border the flying area that knock out our signal in the same place. I lost the T-28 today as you will see below. Pictures taken with the NEW iPhone

Nick,
Congrats on the Velosity coming to gether so fast! I am glad you took the seroves from the 600E and slapped those puppies in there. Do what you have to do to speed up the and complete the build. Its great you have Glenn to kinda "prime" you on Nitro and such. His past experience in this area is great for you. Man since last night you guys ahve been burning up the Forum here GOOD! it will raise our sub section tally LOL.

Again thanks everyone for the input on the 600.

NICK, THANKS FOR MAKING CONTACT WITH CHOPPER OVER THERE ON WHEEEE AND SENDING THOSE PICTURES, HE GAVE YOU A NICE THANK YOU ON OVER THERE ON WHEEEEEEE TOO.
JPEE

Name:	Tr49671.jpg
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	1297746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83797.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	1297747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80423.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1297748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65371.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1297749  
Old 10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

If the starter motor doesn't have enough power then I could just use the motor from my flying friend.

My filter came with a fuel line clamp, so now I just need to remember to use it.

My swash leveling tool for 50 sized helis didn't fit on my Velocity swash, so I had to eye ball it. I got all my servos installed and setup except the throttle servo that I still need to get. The pushrods are really tight on the pushrod balls, so my servos don't like that too much until the pushrods break in. I hope to maiden it later this week or early next week.

JPEE,

Good to hear you had fun flying today. Sorry to hear about the plane. It just needs a little bit of glue.

Nick
Old 10-18-2009, 10:36 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Wow, sounds like you had a terrific day today! Congrats on the new moves, and that everything just clicked today for ya...I love it when that happens!

Ouch, looks like the plane needs a bit of work there, sorry to see that...weird that it affects the planes, and not the helis so much...

Glad your weather is nice, mine hopefully is going to come around this week....

Nick,

I just read the review in RC Heli mag....they really gave the Outrage some great marks, for sure! They were saying that their links were stiff at first, but broke in nicely after a few dozen flights...

That starter will probably be fine, maybe that one this guy had was worn out or junk or something, so don't sweat it, a .50 isn't that hard to turn over....it's just when they are flooded and/or don't want to start that it's nice to have the extra power.

Cool on the fuel line clamp. It will take you some practice to perfect your startup/flying sequence, I know it did for me at first with the Raptor....and you'll have a couple of boo-boos, but you'll get it pretty quickly. It's not just plug-n-play like the electrics...

LOL, I forgot my fuel line clamp a few times at first...once when refueling, that was a mess, flooded....and a couple of times forgot to unclamp it, and wondering why the engine doesn't want to start up...[X(]

Did your engine manual come with any break-in instructions or tips?

Glenn
Old 10-18-2009, 11:27 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The manual just said to run it rich the first couple of flights.

Nick
Old 10-19-2009, 11:54 AM
evdreamer

I was just looking through the manual under servo setup for the Velocity and it said to disconnect the ESC from the motor to prevent damage.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:50 PM
JPEE

Nick,

That sounds kind weird to disconnect the esc?

I just got back form the lhs and I got my 11 tooth to see how that goes. If I cna bump up the just a bit then I'll be happy and that it doesn't heat up the motor and esc like the 13 tooth did. Then I'll leaver a cruiser.

JPEE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.