Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:40 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

James,

That is good you are getting more comfortable flying.

Glenn,

That is good you got your power back.

I wrote my first couple of computer programs today by myself.

Nick
Old 01-28-2011, 05:37 AM
jroo

Nick,

Congrats on your "HelloWorld's".

What language were they in and what did they do? Are you starting a project of some sorts?

James
Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 AM
evdreamer

James,

My programs where in C. My programs prompted the user to enter in some numbers. Then it would store it in a variable and enter it into some equations. Then it would show what the results were. I have only been in the class for a couple of weeks, so there hasn't been any big projects yet.

Nick
Old 01-30-2011, 08:55 AM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

Well to break the silence here I am going to post a my second video from my heli cam. For those that might have the seen the first one, don't think this is a rerun. Yes it has the same background music, yes it was shot in the same local area a half mile away but that's all they have in common. As I explained before the camera auto-focus is what I am trying to work through and I have a plan there, that's what make a bit of blurriness form time to time on the heli. Next on that vein I shot a HD video from my helmet cam and the same thing happened, the lens was going in and out trying to keep up with the heli. "Mark" that now confirms that the heli mount and vibrations are not to blame for my problems but in fact it is the camera itself! So break the Sunday boredom and her is my "shaky" video. Depending on your computer if you go to the 720 or 1080 HD it might freeze on you. I have found it if you want to watch it there in HD let it completely download, or the standard 360 does the job and runs fast..

EDIT: As you watch the video if you follow the main road on camera "right" looking far off over the river bed you will see whe the service road comes up hill a bit to the main public road and that my Club Field is across the street. You will see the three little shade roofs and the air strip in the river bed. However the access road is under water as the dam above is letting water fast so it over took out road for a few days.

Waiting for some rain today and tomorrow, no biggie a possible quarter inch............. In fact it is nice to have a break from the RC stuff and give my brain other things to do.
JPEE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTacBShdi1s[/youtube]
Old 01-30-2011, 06:09 PM
jroo

Hi all,

JPEE,

Nice video man; very stable and clear. I've been experimenting with my keychain camera, but have not gotten any real good video to show yet. My first attempt was using double-sisded tape to the bottom part of the 250 canopy. The video quality turned out well, but the position wasn't optimal. It was pointing upwards to much. I then, just for fun, used velcro to attach it to the horizontal stabilizer on the boom of my 450. It was pretty shaky and 85% of the video is covered by the head.

All,

I am going to try and devise some light-weight mount that I can attach to the bottom of the 450 next. This way I can find the optimal angle and lock it into position, rather than getting different angled every time i attach it to the bottom part of the. First though, I am going to rewire the 450 with the mesh sleeving.

I flew this morning at about 8am at my local middle-school football field. The wind was under 5mph and the temperature as 65. I got in (2) 250 flights and (2) 450 flights.

250: I love the new neon orange tail rotors. The visibility is so much better. Man, even though the head is locked in -10, 0 +10, something still feels funny. It feels like I am lacking major power. Take this for instance. I'm doing some simple circuits, back and forth the length of the field, and everything seems fine. I this pull into a hover mid field, and the bird just gradually descends say 20 ft. I was just shy of 100% collective too... It's really odd, just the power is just gone. If I then take down the field, it seems ok.

So I started doing some reading in the 250 ALIGN manual, and on the page describing the throttle/pitch curve setups, it specifically states in a box entitled:
Pitch and Rotation Speed
TIP: It is recommended to use a lower pitch setting when using a higher RPM\Head speed. This will allow for better power

This has to be it right? I'm using a 16T pinion rather than the stock 15T, and right after I pit this pinion in, I started seeing these problems. Do you guys recommend I alter my pitch/throttle to accommodate the increase in RPM?

450: I love this heli. It's a ripper man! I'm getting much more comfortable (finally) at both birds; hell just flying in general. While flying the 450 I was thinking in my head 'I am so going to participate in the 2011 Heli Fun Fly in April' hah

Take it easy guys. And lemme know what you think about that pinion.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:50 PM
JPEE

Hi Jreue,

Glad you had a good day flying. It always feels good when it comes together?

About your pitch and such, I am not the guy to help on that. I will say when I have a lower head speed the heli will just SINK like that from time to time. With that said, last week when I was flying pretty hard with the 500 I came out of a circut and kinda came to an abrupt stop.. and the heli sank. I guess my main question is why did you go up a pinion size?

Thanks for your kind words on my video.

JPEE
Old 01-31-2011, 07:21 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Your video looks great! Clear as a bell as far as I can tell...I certainly didn't see any vibration or focus issues that would bother me...

Not much new here, just bored at work, and glad I have my own internet connection!

James,

That sounds interesting on the 250, and the problem could have many causes, of course...

You could try changing back to the stock pinion, and see if it changes the issue, or you could try as Align says and lower the pitch, and see if that helps...

I think what Align is saying there has to do with loading the motor with pitch; in other words, if you have too much pitch with higher gearing, the tendancy to "bog" the motor goes up....compare it to say, a 10 speed bicycle, going up an incline...try it in 2nd or 3rd gear (your 15 tooth pinion), then try it in 7th or 8th gear (your 16 tooth) and see if you can keep up the same pedal RPM's....it won't happen, because of the gearing change (unless you have really strong legs..). In other words, the load of the rotor head goes up with increased pitch, just as the load on the bike goes up going up an incline...

I really think Align is more or less getting at bogging the motor in very high load situations, like 3D type stuff, not in a stationary hover, as you seem to be.

Something to consider, that may or may not be what you are experiencing, is something known as the "Vortex Ring State" or "Settling with Power" that happens to real helicopters...and is a pilot's nightmare...

There is some debate on the topic of how much RC helicopters are affected by this, but here is a bit of info on it for you...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513037

There are a couple of links in that thread that describe it very well....

Just something to consider!

I know for sure I have had this happen on my Blade400 a few times when I flew in one particular area, between 2 buildings, something with the air currents or something, never had it happen anywhere else....kinda strange what airflow can do...

Glenn
Old 01-31-2011, 09:34 AM
jroo

Only reason I change pinion size is I could not remember the stock size when I was at my local hobby shop. I choose 16T and was wrong.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:36 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: jreue

Only reason I change pinion size is I could not remember the stock size when I was at my local hobby shop. I choose 16T and was wrong.
10-4

JPEE
Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 PM
jroo

Something has just clicked recently. I just helped a good friend deliver a bed to his house, and we stopped off afterward at a local soccer field so I could show off the 450. Man, it was a bit breezy and I was just flying so comfortably, just chatting away while I was flying....

man, fun as hell.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:40 PM
JPEE

Jreue,

Now that's what I am talking about Feeling comfortable enough to fly, pay attention and yet mulit task chatting it up with you friend. Glad you had a great one.......

JPEE
Old 02-01-2011, 12:48 PM
JPEE

Jreue,

This place sells the micro chips for you key chain cam and this is where we get them when on sale. Here is the link and the beauty of these is, you can use the sleeve they provide and put them in your camera too!

You only have 8 hours from now 12:49 p.m. PST or they sell out.

http://1saleaday.com/

JPEE
Old 02-01-2011, 01:13 PM
evdreamer

John,

Your 600 video looked good.

James,

That is good you got to fly recently.

Guys,

The weather here hasn't been very good the last couple of days. Yesterday there was freezing rain and 90+ car accidents. Today there is snow on top of the ice, high winds, and cold temps. My school is the only school in town that isn't having a snow day.[&o]

Nick
Old 02-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Gentlemen...it is good to be back in Florida...and I mean that with the utmost of senserity.

Yes Glenn, I did get to experience that mess that swept through last week...and luckily skipped out before the next mess swept in tomorrow. One's enough for me thanks.

Have to run but wanted to let you all know I did make it back safely,

Mark

Old 02-01-2011, 02:43 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

Gentlemen...it is good to be back in Florida...and I mean that with the utmost of senserity.

Yes Glenn, I did get to experience that mess that swept through last week...and luckily skipped out before the next mess swept in tomorrow. One's enough for me thanks.

Have to run but wanted to let you all know I did make it back safely,

Mark

Welcome Home! We sincerely wondered how you were making out up there and if your son enjoyed all of that.

P
Old 02-01-2011, 07:09 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

That weather sounds pretty brutal...and somewhat familiar...

Sorry your school is the only one that stayed open...

Glad you were not one of the 90+ cars that got into trouble...after we had that heavy snow here, there were cars abanodoned everywhere, some people just flat ran out of gas in the traffic jams.

Mark,

Glad you made it back to the home base safely...I guess I can safely assume you won't be heading back up this way anytime soon????

Hope you enjoyed your little taste of my weather up here!!

I'll bet it does feel nice to get back to warm, sunny Orlando!

Nick,

Almost forgot, I downloaded the latest helis for Phoenix the other day, and they now have a Velicity .50

More freezing rain on the way tonight....

Glenn
Old 02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
JPEE

Hello Boys, we gots some doin's over here on Cali.

That was my attempt at being folksy.

Well Glenn I finally did it today, a friend helped me place and ad on Craigs List for my new unflown Blade 400 and parts. I listed it as a BNF with 31 bags of new parts. I'll see how this goes and then work on selling the other two 400's. I was a bad boy yesterday..........I bought some thing'sss. I bought a Trex 500ESP used that was in a mild mishap with a tree. He posted the pictures and I have spoken to him before and I spoke with others who have traded with him so I feel ok. The price was a steal...well maybe a "good price". He listed the damages as; replace two align servo gear sets, main gear, main and f-shafts which he is sending with, and both top and tail blades. I got a deal on black friday last year and bought those Stealth blades for my 500 and got the second set for .99!! so they take a big bite out of my repair costs on 500#2. It did not come with a receiver so I searched the forums for parts and I got a grand deal (overkill, it only needed a ar6200) on a NIB AR7000 with satillite for $67.00 shipped and those cost $100.00 over the counter here plus $10.00 in Cali sales tax.

Here is the orginal ad for the helicopter from the original seller.

T-Rex 500ESP
Stock Align 500L Motor
Stock Align 60amp ESC
Align DS-510 Cyclic Servos
JR G7703D Gyro
JR DS3400G Tail Servo
Carbon Main Blades
Carbon Tail Blades
Flighmax 6S 30C 2650Mah Li-Po

The heli also has the KDE Aluminum upgrade package with the aluminum bottom brace, aluminum battery tray, and aluminum reciever tray. Also it would come with a few extra parts like mainshafts, feathering shafts, etc.

So I am happy to have something to play with a for bit here. I don't know if I'll keep it or resell it at this point.
Next I want to sell the other two 400's, CX2, MCX and perhaps some of my chargers, we'll see.

We are supposed to get a "severe weather warning" tonight for 60 MPH winds for 48 hours. Time for Johnny Boy drag out the generators!

Thats it from here....... JPEE on the side
Old 02-02-2011, 11:39 AM
jroo

For those of you who subscribe to RC Heli magazine, have you received the February issue? The last issue I got was the January issue, which I received mid-December. I emailed RC Heli via their website but have not heard anything back in a week. Their website even has content that is 6 months old....
Old 02-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I can not believe you got another 500...well, yes I can. Congrats...that package sounds good, but it sounds like you are trying to thin out your fleet a bit there. I guess trading some small heli's for a large one is a good trade considering how much flight time the large one gets compared to the smaller ones.

That's some major wind...take care and tighten up those windows with that wind. Your video was very neat and still, I didn't see any vibrations at all, and I like the way you keep the heli cam level through the flight...no 'I'm on a rollercoaster ride for this one' feeling.

I guess I was a bit more tired then I expected last night b/c I just fell asleep after getting home. Never again will I be scheduled to work the same day I come back from a vacation...but it was a mishap on my part for not seeing it on the schedule early on so lesson learned.

Glenn...Yeah, I did have a good time playing in the snow and all...got the chance to snowblow some of my father-in-laws driveway and shovel some of the backyard to make a sledding path...talk about being drained after that. Definitely not something I could do after every snow...Glenn and Nick - kudo's to both of you for dealing with that on a regular basis. I've had my share thankyou! It was nice to see the hills of Gettysburg all covered in a new snow, esp the Blue Spruce trees with a fresh covering so I took some pictures in case I want to see it next year...viola, pictures on my computer!

I'll have to check my Phoenix for a Velocity 50 and see how much I can destroy Nick's machine in virtual land! Nick...sounds like you need a snow day with all the stuff the news reports moving over you guys. []

James,

sounds like your having a blast with your 450 and 250.

I haven't gotten my RCHeli mag yet, they said it would ship out the end of January but then again this will be my first issue...guess I've been a bit busy to think about it right now. Kinda like a nice forgotten surprise when it shows up in the mailbox.

Mark

Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Sounds like an interesting find there...should be a fun project for sure, whether you keep it or sell it...keep us posted.

Better batten down the hatches with that wind...we had quite a gust or two here earlier, about 40 or so...but at least it was warmer today, got all the way up to about 50 degrees! Melt some of that horrid snow and ice away!!

Good luck thinning down the "heard" there...for here it's a bad time to sell helis (weather of course) but I guess it's year 'round over there...

Mark,

Glad you enjoyed the snow....sort of.. It sure is pretty to look at, especially at first...but that kinda wears off after a bit, especially after a bit of SHOVELING...

Sorry you weren't prepared for the work schedule, that would tend to kinda ruin your arrival!

Not much new here, thought about getting the Quark out, dusting it off and seeing if the batteries are any good still...but kinda got sidetracked. Maybe this weekend.

Glenn
Old 02-02-2011, 07:39 PM
jroo

Very cold here in Austin today. Low was 19 and high today was 26. Tonight it is suppose to drop to 16. i'm ready for summer.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Aframomum

OMG James...that sounds like temps I just came from. [X(] Hope things warm up for you soon.

Wanted to share some of my snow pictures...I know some are more than tired of seeing it. (I also want to see if RCU is working again in loading pictures )

The first two: moon from 25K feet and the 'Big' Storm from above it (I think below Washington).
The next is my snow keep picture for if I miss it next year!
Last...is this how I should spend my vacation??

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bz78785.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1557694   Click image for larger version

Name:	ec88178.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1557695   Click image for larger version

Name:	hf98606.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	1557696   Click image for larger version

Name:	vt57555.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1557697  
Old 02-03-2011, 08:21 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good you made it home safe.

Glenn,

That is cool Phoenix has a Velocity 50. I wonder how it compares to the real Velocity. I was reading on Helifreak that the main designer of Outrage's helis left the company, but it didn't say why.

I got my first laptop today. It was kind of a late graduation gift. It is a 14in Toshiba. I am having a lot of fun with it. Now it will be easier to take notes in class and do homework between classes. I could also take it to work and work on my projects when it slows down.

James,

I don't have the February RCHeli mag either.

John,

It sounds like you got a good deal on that 500.

Nick
Old 02-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Aframomum

If I'm not mistaken...someone's birthday is very close.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:46 PM
evdreamer

John,

Sorry I missed saying happy birthday yesterday. Was the 500 an early birthday present?

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.