Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 02:23 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

I am hosting a session right now after I changed some settings. I am hoping someone on the internet can join.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:40 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

I am hosting a session right now after I changed some settings. I am hoping someone on the internet can join.
Nick ~

I just tried on your session a couple of times, and it says 'Failed to send info packet"...LOL... Don't ya love it when it says that ?! Geez.... I'am trying to get my G4 to quit glitching ! It never did that before I did a master-restore and I might just install my G4 cd's again, and don't update it, and see what happens. I can log onto sessions, but it gets annoying when the glitching starts, as you can't concentrate on flying...LMAO.. Oh well, I'll figure it out sooner or later. I even put my settings to low again, and before I could have them on medium and high... Crazy...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-17-2008, 03:13 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

One of these days I will get it. Oh well. Sorry to hear about your glitching.

Nick
Old 10-17-2008, 03:52 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys, I almost have enough for a dx6i and I can't wait to get it, I had a crash today, pretty bad one not do to glitching but me trying to a banked turn, was about 20 feet in the air and tried to do a bank turn really fast and crashed, snapped the tail boom, the skids and the blades are gone, and I'm sure the spindle is bent. I'm going to sell my e-flite fm radio online, and then I should have enough for the dx6i, I have a questions though when I buy the dx6i and reciever do I use the e-flite ese thats on the 4 in 1?
Old 10-17-2008, 04:03 PM
evdreamer

You can't use the 4in1 with the AR6100. Shouldn't you have the 3in1 since you have a CPP? Sorry to hear about the crash.

Nick
Old 10-17-2008, 04:08 PM
evdreamer

My parts came today, but since I wasn't home the USPS people kept it until I pick it up tomorrow. I am off to work talk to you guys later.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:46 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I meant the 3 in 1 sorry, so what do I use for an esc with the ar6100
Old 10-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Evan T.

you use the AR6100 with the 3-1 because the 3-1 means esc gyro and mixing the stock reciever is just stuck to the 3-1
Old 10-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Evan T.

hey guys just flew two batts on the cx2 and did forward circles cx2 funnles lol really level a little bit of backward circles and fast forward and backward flight well as fast as i can go without a blade clack lol
Old 10-17-2008, 11:24 PM
evdreamer

When you get the AR6100 hook the throttle wire out of the 3in1 to the throttle pin in the receiver. Then take the rudder pin out of the 3in1 and put it in the rudder pin in the receiver.

Then the rest of the pins for the receiver. Looking from the back of the helicopter.

Back left servo goes into the Aileron Pin.
Back right servo goes into the AUX1 Pin.
Front servo goes into the ELEV Pin.

Then after that Glenn and I can help you with the programing since we have done it a lot for the CPP. Hope that helps clear things up.

Evan,

Sounds like you are getting the flying down good for the CX2. If you want more of a challenge with the CX2 try backwards figure 8's in both directions, funnels in the four upright positions, piro funnels in both upright directions, and piro figure 8's in both upright directions. That should keep you busy for awhile. LOL

Nick
Old 10-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Evan T.

haha looks like another week or so of cx2 training lol now that i have a challenge i need to do it if all of those are posible. good luck with the cpp conversion to dsm it should be easy and you will like it alot. Nick did you ever go pick up the parts and if you did are you working on anything
Old 10-17-2008, 11:38 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

hey guys just flew two batts on the cx2 and did forward circles cx2 funnles lol really level a little bit of backward circles and fast forward and backward flight well as fast as i can go without a blade clack lol
Evan ~

Keep getting more and more comfortable with that CX2... It will really help you for orientation for that B-400... The CX2 is almost as good as a good sim, for learning orientation at least...

Hey... If ya get really bored ya can always try a few of these stunts, that I pulled off in the past...LOL... (Last October)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG_oi2ytb_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TZaY31LxFY

I miss flying my CX2.... I should blow the dust off that sucker and do a flight or two... I wonder if my 2-cells for it are still good ?! Haven't used them in about 8 months... YIKES...!

Nick ~

Whew.... I've been on G4 for the past 4 1/2 hours......LMAO... My thumbs are raw ! And my eyes are watering... I'am seriously considering on trying a back-flip with the Trex. If I got the balls, that is.... I should at least try a loop... I see what ya mean that you don't need any negative pitch like you told me in the past... I was experimenting on the G4 tonight with that... I think I've flown every on-line session there was out there tonight ! I may give my eyes a rest, and go on again... Hope work was o.k. for ya tonight... Hey.... I ordered the Castle link finally. Can't wait to get that thing !

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 10-17-2008, 11:51 PM
Evan T.

well i bet your gonna sleep good tonite the computer screen always does the trick lol were you flying with the servos reversed lol
Old 10-17-2008, 11:54 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Yep all the moves I listed are possible with the CX2. It just won't be as fast as a single rotor doing them. USPS won't let me get the parts until 7:30AM tomorrow.

Jeff,

That should help with muscle memory. The T-Rex does a back flip really good. I would recommend doing them up as high as you can see the helicopter. A lot can happen doing your first few, so plenty of space between the helicopter and the ground is always a good idea. That mountain side would be perfect. You could pretty much do one at eye level and still have plenty of room towards the ground on the side of it. Work was ok, but not a place I would want to work for the rest of my life. Cool to hear you got the CC Castle Link. You should update it right away and get more cool features. I think at the bottom of the menu there is an update button to do it.

Nick
Old 10-18-2008, 12:10 AM
Evan T.

Nick,

Where do you work at? oh and for g4 does the disk have to be in the computer while your using it or do you download it then use it off the computer
Old 10-18-2008, 12:40 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

I work in a retail store. G4 comes with four disks that you download into the computer then you don't need them anymore unless you need to download them again sometime in the future.

Nick
Old 10-18-2008, 06:36 AM
HeliStyle

hey glenn, I know I asked you this before, I think you said you had an extra dx6i would you be interested in selling it, I would rather buy from someone trusted then someone on ebay lol
Old 10-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Evan T.

well maybe i can find someone local and ask them if i could borough them and download it then give it back but i only hve 256mb of ram so i would need an external drive or something and how do you upgrade your graphics card do you download software
Old 10-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Evan T.

so many people just look at this forum and dont say anything come on guys dont be shy talk about your flights
Old 10-18-2008, 08:38 AM
RichD1965

Hi Guys thanks for all the welcomes

I haven't been online for awhile . I'm doing a project where i'm converting my Falcon 40 to a brushless system. Every thing is all new. Well you could say it's a brushless heli that's fixed pitch, not done with it yet still waiting on some parts. here is the list
Guru-Z Neon Frame
Guruz-Z tail belt conversion kit
Dynam 30A Brushless ESC BEC 2A/5V
AR6100 DSM2 Microlite 6Channel Rx, Air
HDX300 Brushless Outrunner 3800KV w/ Motor Fan - Blade CP/HDX300
OUTRAGE XP20 3S1P 11.1V 1300mAH 20C - XTREME POWER LITE SERIES - Blade CP/CP2
Telebee/Zoom Head Lock Gyro with ATV
Plus i have CF blades comming today too
I'll try to put some pictures on here
Helidirect gave a free 8t pinion with the motor but it was only 2mm id so i had to call them and they are sending me a set of Rhino pinions for free

Nick..
Hope you get to host some online sessions soon i put the G4 on my christmas list lol

Jeff..
I too am using Noton 360 but AVG is good to fill the void until you get what ya want or just keep using AVG

Helistyle ... sorry to hear about your crash

Evan

You can try to update your Video card here is a link on how to

http://www.pokiemagic.com/help-graphics.htm

Or you'll have to buy a new one that is compatible for your computer I like using Tigerdirect for computer parts and most online electronics

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...aphics%20cards

Have fun all
Rich
Old 10-18-2008, 09:19 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

If only it were that easy....

You won't be able to just borrow the G4 discs and load G4 and have it work. It needs the Interlink Controller that came with the discs to run. It looks like a regular transmitter, but has a USB connector on the end, and is "locked" to your specific discs for G4. No easy or cheap way around buying the whole package...they have it pretty well figured out how to prevent people from doing just what you mentioned! After all, they deserve their profit, a LOT of work goes into that program.

I know it doesn't seem like you get alot (4 CD's and a controller) for $200...but it's sure worth it in comparison to how many crashes and repairs and parts you'll save in the long run!

256MB of RAM won't cut it...the minimum is 512MB. And, depending on your video card, you may need to upgrade it. I doubt the newest drivers will make much difference, but it's worth a shot. It will probably run with an older/less powerful video card, but it just won't have as much detail or look as cool as with a better PC.

Keep up the practice and good work with the CX2, as everyone has said, it will go along ways towards the B400 when you get it. Even if you just learn all 4 hovering angles, and learn them well, it will help alot (nose, tail, and both sides in, for a long time each).

Hope you can get both the G4 and the B400 soon!

Have a nice weekend.

Glenn
Old 10-18-2008, 09:33 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Wow, sorry to hear about your crash...but you'll have to expect a few in the learning process...at least you were doing something cool when it happened, I hate "dumb" crashes...where I just crash for a stupid reason.

Yep, I do have 2 DX6i's...but here's the deal...I am using one, (the good one) for all of my helis except the Hirobo's, which are 72 Mhz FM. I say it's the good one because the other one has an issue with the roller wheel that you use to make setting changes. It's overly sensitive, and is a pain to work with.

But, since I got the Phoenix simulator, which requires that you use your own transmitter, I have been using that one on the sim, it sits here next to the computer desk for sim use only.

I could open a new model for the sim, and use one radio for everything, but it's just more convienient to have both.

At some point in the not-to-distant future, I need to send this radio back to Horizon and get it fixed or a new one. I wouldn't want to sell you a radio with the roller issue...it still works, it's just very annoying.

If you do decide to get one from eBay...this guy is a top notch seller, and I trust him 100% I got my spare B400, and a gyro, extra motor, etc....he's always been a very good seller to me. Highly recommended!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPEKTRUM-DX6i-DS...d=p3911.c0.m14

I wish I could help you out, but I don't want to sell you something that isn't right.

Remember, the radio above has no reciever, or servos...and no rechargable batteries or charger.

My LHS purchased DX6i came with NiMh batteries and a charger...a nice addition indeed!

Glenn
Old 10-18-2008, 09:44 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Almost forgot the details..as Nick told you, we'll help with the install of the DX6i when you get ready.

When I got mine, I quite honestly had no idea what I was getting into. There is more to it than just installing the receiver and turning on the radio!

The radio has many settings, and can be very confusing at first...but you'll learn it. Plan on reading through the quite thick manual when you get it to help you understand the terminology, settings, etc. For instance, it took me quite some time to understand/realize what INH meant...it stands for "inhibit" which means that feature is basically turned off...so there is a LOT to learn!!

I don't want to scare you, it'll be easy once you learn it, but just be prepared to learn alot of stuff!

We'll also have to walk you through the setup on the servos when you get to that point...not too hard, but a blade pitch gauge will be needed, if you don't already have one. So keep that in mind too.

Sure you don't want to save for a little longer, and just go with a B400?? LOL! It's only about $200 more than you'll spend on the radio and RX alone...and you get a whole helicopter which will be SO much more fun to fly!! (only reason I say that, is because I did the exact same thing...got the radio for the CPP first, and then got the B400 later!)

But, at the time, they didn't offer a PNP B400, thus my two DX6i's....

Either way you go, it will be a major improvment over the CPP with the stock radio!

Glenn
Old 10-18-2008, 09:49 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Hope you can pick up your parts today. I'm sure you will be busy rebuilding...the G4 is fun, but I'm sure you are itching to get out and fly the real thing!

Sorry I wasn't on last night, I was beat from 2 weeks in a row working Saturdays. Finally have a whole weekend!

It's windy here. I am planning on playing with the B400 a bit this weekend, I want to set it all up stock, for 3-D, and get used to the way it feels and experiement with idle up some (yep, never hit the idle up on the B400 yet..LOL!).

Hope you get both helis up and flying today.

Talk to ya soon,

Glenn
Old 10-18-2008, 09:53 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

LOL, 4 1/2 hours...!!

Time sure does fly by on the sim when you are flying in the sessions, doesn't it?

I have stayed up late too many nights this week...I was exhausted last night, had to take a break! LOL, I went to bed at a new record early time for a Friday night..before midnight!! LOL

I'm sure I'll see you guys more the rest of the weekend....

Have fun, and enjoy the weekend.

It's nice, here, but windy...about 50 degrees....maybe some of the BUGS will go away now!

Glenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.