Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:34 AM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

You mean that the kit doesn't come with a pinion for the Align motor? That seems strange...?

Yeah, I have built some other stuff, an FM radio, a kitchen timer, a little robot car, an Infra Red tester for testing remote controls, and some other kits.

The coolest one, like you said was an AM radio. It worked pretty well when I got done with it, but not as good as a store bought radio.

I was having a hard time sending messages on RCU...let's see if this one goes through...

Glenn
Old 11-02-2008, 12:39 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, alot of the police all over the country are going to digital communications....I'm surprised you can still get anything on your scanner. Some smaller municipalities are still analog...but most bigger systems have all gone digital.

It makes the scanners much more expensive. But, I am not sure that the electronics are why...as I've heard that they keep the prices high to deter criminals from buying cheap scanners to listen to the cops...not sure how true that is...

At any rate...it makes for some very interesting listening. Heavy snow storms are also interesting...

LOL...NO cell phone alarm would ever wake me up...I have an alarm clock with a LOUD radio on it, and it's cranked up full tilt...LOL! It would take an earthquake to wake me up!! And, the alarm goes off at 7AM...and I hit the snooze every 7 minutes until 7:50...LOL!

Glenn
Old 11-02-2008, 12:44 AM
rotarydoc

Yeah,

I gotta remember to reset all the clocks either tonight or tomorrow...

Not sure what I'll fly tomorrow, depends on the weather, I guess. If it's calm, I'll probably stick with the Gaui. But if the wind is blowing, I'll break out the spare Blade 400 for a few packs...I guess I can trust the stock servos for a few flights...LOL

Hope you get some better weather Jeff.

And I guess you could fly the 450 tomorrow, Nick?

Glenn
Old 11-02-2008, 02:19 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah your mom and dad didn't notice the Trex 600 before as they glanced at it and such........ BUT I'll bet money they notice it, when you fire that baby up outside !....LMAO... They'll wonder what in gods name is out in there yard....LOL...! That thing has such massive airflow circulating around it and the rotor wash is enough to send the neighbors cat fluttering a few blocks away.... I'am not kidding, the noise and intensity is to cool ! I remember my dads first spool up, and thought holy crap, that thing has a mean sound to it... You'll see... You'll be praying everything holds together, and you'll be wishing you just went to the bathroom beforehand also, cause if ya didn't You'll be going then.... LOL.... You'll be so excited with emotions you'll probably be shaking, puking, smiling, and crapping yer drawers at the same time.... LMAO... So sweet though... That's what its all about eh ?!

Take care... Be safe tommorow if ya do fire it up......

~ Jeff
Old 11-02-2008, 09:08 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

lol, I dont know how you got past that one, not noticing a 600, but I did tell my wife about the money I spent, she didn't like it but she wasn't mad lol so all good for me, just recieved the new heli last night. It is very nice, I haven't fired it up yet because I didn't get home untill 11pm and I was way to tired, the battery is charging right now and im making sure everything looks good on the heli.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Heil,

Wow, that was quick, you got the new heli already?

Did it come with a radio, so you can fly it?

Sounds cool, you'll have to let us know how it turns out for you!

Glenn
Old 11-02-2008, 11:40 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah your mom and dad didn't notice the Trex 600 before as they glanced at it and such........ BUT I'll bet money they notice it, when you fire that baby up outside !....LMAO... They'll wonder what in gods name is out in there yard....LOL...! That thing has such massive airflow circulating around it and the rotor wash is enough to send the neighbors cat fluttering a few blocks away.... I'am not kidding, the noise and intensity is to cool ! I remember my dads first spool up, and thought holy crap, that thing has a mean sound to it... You'll see... You'll be praying everything holds together, and you'll be wishing you just went to the bathroom beforehand also, cause if ya didn't You'll be going then.... LOL.... You'll be so excited with emotions you'll probably be shaking, puking, smiling, and crapping yer drawers at the same time.... LMAO... So sweet though... That's what its all about eh ?!

Take care... Be safe tommorow if ya do fire it up......

~ Jeff
Jeff,

LOL.

Helistyle,

Have fun with the new heli.

Nick
Old 11-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Evan T.

cant wait till you fly it keep us posted
Old 11-02-2008, 11:54 AM
JPEE

Glenn,

I just got off the phone with my buddy out there in Ohio and that is all he does. He designs and oversees the digtal radio equipment for state fed and local government facilities. He gets those Get Out of Jail cards from all of the Police Chiefs from the mid west to the east coast.

BLADE 400 tail drive gear wear.

I got my 400...#1 April 25th 2008. I wished I would have started my Flight Log sooner so could tell you how many total flights and hours were on it. I can say with certainty that I think that bearing being at the top of the air frame and it get 1000 times the stress from a crash. When the main shaft starts to bend the energy goes right down that saft to that bearing and contributes this failure.

JPee
Old 11-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Evan T.

so would you recomend me getting some when i get my b400
Old 11-02-2008, 12:09 PM
JPEE

Hello Evan,

What is the question you are asking? should I get some? and of who? It is a bit vague.

Smiles JPEE
Old 11-02-2008, 12:17 PM
evdreamer

Assembling the battery is a little harder than I planned on. The connectors point the same direction and the are angled on top of that, so it will make it hard to make them in series. Then when I have one connector on and attach the other one it sparks pretty bad. I will have to wait and think on this.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:25 PM
J-MICHAEL

Raining again here today... No flying.... Oh.... Except the toys.... [&:]

Old 11-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Evan T.

JPEE,

i was asking if you think i should pick up a few bearingsfor the blade 400 when i get one
Old 11-02-2008, 12:38 PM
JPEE

Hi Evan,

No you won't need bearings for a long time. I have been flying that heli since April so wear and crash damage to it expected. Just follow the tips given to you by the others like blades, f-shafts, main shafts and booms.

JPEE
Old 11-02-2008, 12:40 PM
JPEE

Jeff, you are the man, nice flying.

The sun just opened up a bit down here between the rains sessions and I told the wife I should do at least one pack as there would NOBODY at the park.......hummmmm godda think this out.

JPee
Old 11-02-2008, 01:06 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Have fun flying.

I was so excited about building the batteries I wasn't thinking clearly on how batteries are assembled. So before I was pretty much shorting them out. Now I am about halfway done and it is so much better now. Since the taps are only on one side I will have to solder on wires for the other side.

Here are some pics of what the battery will look like.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55193.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1063995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62691.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1063996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35543.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1063997  
Old 11-02-2008, 01:08 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, reminds me of building battery packs for the RC cars years ago...not the easiest thing to do...we used to use "battery bars" made of copper, and not use the factory battery tabs...but I don't know if that will work in your case.

Maybe you could get some tips from the guys on HF that have done it before?

I used to have (still have it somewhere) a super heavy duty soldering iron, made by Ungar....that was great for heavy duty soldering like the 1.2 volt "sub C" cells we used to use in RC cars in the day.

Hope you can get it figured out...

Glenn
Old 11-02-2008, 01:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah keep an eye on those battery connector tabs... Not sure how much juice is going to be flowing through those... For my RC-cars, since I run high power systems through them, the stock high powered Nimh's batteries tabs couldn't keep up with the juice flowing through them from the $300.00 Novak set-up that pumps the juice hard so to speak... The Batteries are even the top of the line $75.00 Nimh's among that... I'll only go lipo however from now on... But there tabs couldn't keep up with what current I was dishing out to them... It did get solved however by using some Novak gold plated battery tabs... SO much easier to solder on, and they had better resistance than the thin jobbers that were on there before... Like you see in the pic, with those thin tabs on this particular battery, it got so hot after a run when I went to pick it up it was SOOOOO hot, and when you went to lift it the batt would just sag like it was melted butter...LOL... After cooling it hardened up, and still has worked from this day on... They really can take the abuse... Crazy... But yeah, after I put better quality tabs on from Novak the batt ran SO much cooler, and the power was noticed considerably... A big diff..... FYI..... Looking at those tabs on those A123's has me wondering a little... But I'am not sure...

But I'am done with the Nimh's, as Lipo is the only way to go for my car stuff... I kinda miss my stuff back at home... Good for racing around on windy and stormy days...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Name:	Yw66588.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	1064006  
Old 11-02-2008, 01:40 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

j-michael you are really lovin that mcx huh loll
Old 11-02-2008, 02:17 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

A lot of people have been using those tabs and haven't had a problem. They are the same ones used on the Dewalt packs and those work fine too. I just finished one battery up and it reads 16.6V. I messed both of them up with the connections, so I did it right this time and used 12AWG on it. I should add some glue inbetween the cells, but then I would need a glue gun. Now onto the next one. I just need to add the main leads, balance connectors, and shrink wrap which is at USPS.

Nick

Name:	Rp44878.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1064018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33188.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1064019   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64386.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1064020  
Old 11-02-2008, 02:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I figured maybe they would be alright as that's why I said I was unsure since guys were already using them... HEY... Good idea with the heavy duty 12 g wire ! As you see in my Nimh pic above, at the very end is the negative wire of 12 g from Novak... I to also connected it that way, until I got there connectors to solder on.... +1.... Well your getting closer huh ?! Anxiety city there I imagine.....

Heli ~

Yeah these little MCX's are fun ! Hey there cheap for you now, as you have the DX6i to grab ya a BNF MCX ! There tough, and fun because you don't have to really replace anything as much as a bigger heli which would break almost certainly from any crash....

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

May I make a suggestion? In lieu of the glue gun if you dont have one you could use Silicone from a caulking gun or eve a tube.

JPeez two cents worth
Old 11-02-2008, 04:43 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Thanks for the info. I think it will do fine with the electrical tape and heatshrink. Or at least I will know soon if it works. I finished the battery a long time ago, but my parents wanted me to go on a bike ride with them.

Nick

Name:	Ec88298.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1064108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61456.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1064109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77271.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1064110  
Old 11-02-2008, 06:09 PM
evdreamer

I fired the 600 up!!! It is very loud without the blades and it is going to be even louder with them on. But everything is working fine. I just need to mount the electronics and clean up the wires and charge the batteries then I can fly it.

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.