Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:34 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

All helicopters will bob with a slow enough headspeed. When I was trying to fly more scale like with the 450 and lowered the headspeed a lot that made it happen too.

Nick
Old 11-03-2008, 10:45 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, you won't have to worry too much about wind now with that heli, that's for sure.

I guess the biggest drawback will be going to a place big enough to fly it. But I think it would be worth it for such a fun to fly helicopter.

Everything I read about the T-Rex 500 is very positive, other than it seems as though the screws are junk, and very soft. People that own them, and have moved up from smaller helis really say good things about them.

I'm going to finish the B400 rebuild this week sometime, and hopefully fly it some this weekend.

I'm not sure if it was the servos or not, but I had a harder time controlling the all stock, spare B400 with higher headspeeds and in idle up than with my original one with the JR DS285's...

I'll know better after I try them both again. I have to go to the LHS soon and see about getting some tail blades.

Glenn
Old 11-03-2008, 10:56 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I think I could fly in a space proportional to my backyard and the T450. So my baseball field and flying field should be fine. I also like flying close by me. Too bad I can't fly on the airplane field since it is bigger than the heli field. Maybe if I got there early enough I could fly on their field when no one is around.

Yeah I wish I went to the 600 sooner. I really like how the big helis fly compared to the small ones. If you ever get a T-Rex replace the screws with DuBro or RTL screws. Both are great and strong.

Hope you get good weather to fly this weekend.

Nick
Old 11-03-2008, 11:08 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I got a helicopter magazine the other day a the new hobby shop. It's called Model Helicopter World, and I didn't realize it, but it's from the UK...but it's still very interesting. All the prices are in British pounds...

Anyways, they had a feature on the Hirobo Quark, and gave it a great review. Nothing but positive things to say about, most all of which I agree with. They also mentioned that it doesn't do well in the wind...as any heli that light will be.

But another article was very interesting, as far as technology goes. It's a stabilization device for RC helis called Heli Command, made by a company in Germany. It is wired into the RX and servos, and will automatically level the heli in flight. The guy was testing it, and once he got it set up on a Hirobo nitro heli, he was hovering it with no hands on the cyclic, for an entire tank of fuel, in the wind!

Not sure who would need it, but they make a deluxe model that is designed for surveying, video, aerial photography, etc. That one, they claim, can actually land the helicopter itself if it loses radio contact!! Crazy hi tech stuff!

Just thought it was interesting.

Glenn
Old 11-03-2008, 11:10 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I'll bet you would love a nitro heli....sure they can be a mess, and smoke, but think of the flight times!

That was a huge plus back in my GMP days....I would actually get so mentally drained from flying, I would be like half brain dead after about 2 hours!

Glenn
Old 11-03-2008, 11:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I have seen the Helicommand at Helihobby and I think it was around $500. But where is the fun when the helicopter can fly itself. But yeah that is a pretty cool piece of electronics.

I considered nitro, but I didn't want to always be adjusting the needle valves and cleaning the heli. I have also heard of some clunk line failures with it and there are some spots in the tank where it would be hard for the clunk line to get to. Then worrying about rust and all the by product gasses in the tank, then keeping water out of the fuel. I just prefer electric helis.

Nick
Old 11-04-2008, 12:01 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I was just checking out my local flying club's website and they now have indoor flying sessions every other Sunday. And the Gaui fits all the requirements. I think that is so cool. Now I will be able to fly during the winter indoors.

Nick
Old 11-04-2008, 12:12 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Man, that is cool! I wish my club had something like that!

The shop is OK, but I often have too many obstacles, people included in the way.

Last thing I need is to hit someone with a helicopter.

I can't believe that I used to hover the B400 in there sometimes. I got lucky and never had an incident.

The Quark is pretty safe with the styrofoam blades.

Gotta get some rest....talk to ya later.

Hope you have lots of fun with the 600 tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 11-04-2008, 12:16 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Talk to you tomorrow. Yeah I will have fun with the 600 tomorrow.

I was on the T-Rex forums on RCU and a guy is building a T250 and in the kit they gave him an adapter to use on the pitch gauge to fit the small blades. I wonder if they sell that seperate, so we could use it on the Gaui.

Nick
Old 11-04-2008, 12:52 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I'am wondering where they are in stock at ? Pretty cool though.... Good luck getting parts for a bit I imagine.... Figures also... Here I just spent a buttload at the LHS for 4 Thunder Power Extreme V2's 5-cell 3300 mah 25c lipo's... Geez... Hope I don't have to do that again...LOL... I could have bought 7 MCX's... LMAO... That's the most I've spent for lipo's in one shot. I'am putting industrial strength velcro and soldering Deans on them right now... Yes Deans... You'd be proud of me eh ?! As you know how much I hate the Deans and prefer the EC3's... But this is a different ballgame, so I have no choice but to go deans... Way better resistance in my research... I think you know this... If I find time tomorrow, I'll post pics. There huge compared to my 3-cells... Just a tad over $750.00 ! YIKES.... But it will be worth it for the flight time, and I should be set there for a bit... I also picked up a 15t and a 16t as required for the 5-cells... I think I'll get one 6-cell TP Extreme V2 on the next paycheck though to have and see the diffs in them all... But the 5-cells will be plenty... I remember Jason Krauses video of these exact same battery and that 500 was sick ! Hek, he helps design the things so I take his word... Your thread over there in the Rex forum, is sparking some interest !

If I win the lottery I'am going with the Trex 700 next with an electric conversion, 10s or 12s like Boys Toys was talking about... That had me seriously thinking on that one... But only a dream for me....

Take care, (Hope ya can sleep tonight !... Dreaming of flying the 600 ESP...LMAO...)

~ Jeff
Old 11-04-2008, 01:12 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

The guy I was talking about seemed familiar from RCGroups where he travels to Taiwan for something and they are already out in Taiwan. You are probably the #1 customer at your LHS after that purchase. Yeah my T600 batteries are huge compared to my Gaui batteries. GrandRC has the T700 heli with electric conversion. I probably wouldn't have the room to fly a 90 sized heli. On that heli you would need to go 12S minimum. Maybe 14 or 15S. You couldn't go higher since AMA limits the voltage to 50V. I am thinking about logging off in 45 min, so I can wake up at 9am and maybe go to the baseball field if I like the way it is flying in the backyard. Then I would probably take the 450 also and practice inverted hovering. Yeah that thread has a few hits.

Nick
Old 11-04-2008, 01:35 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Hey thanks for the link about the 700 conversion... I need to bookmark GrandRC's website anyway... I hear to much good from others also on that site... Yeah... I shouldn't even be on here right now... To much to do, and I'am also beat tired... I'am actually off now for the night... Congrats on your 600 though... I'am very glad ya got it... you'll enjoy that thing for a long time to come. The hard part is getting it, equipping it, and the batts/charger all that jazz as you already know... Parts won't be that bad. The worse is over.... Its all smooth sailing from here on out... I hope Glenn gets a 500 at least... That would be to cool ! He probably knows more than me by now...LMAO... I really haven't done hardly any research to tell ya the truth, except the batt situation...

Take care, & be careful tomorrow with yourself, & also my 600 ESP.....

~ Jeff
Old 11-04-2008, 01:52 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I thought I shouldn't go cheap on the electronics and end up upgrading them later down the road. It cost more up front, but it is cheaper over the long run.

Yeah before I got it I was comparing the price of crash parts for the 500 and 600 and there isn't a big difference. The only difference mainly comes from the canopy and blades.

Even though the 600 cost a lot I don't regret getting it because it is an experience like no other. You will have the same feeling once you fly the 500.

Nick
Old 11-04-2008, 11:30 AM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Well I am glad to hear that your coming right along. I was in the LHS yesterday for some small parts and they had a 600 sitting on the table next to a new 500. Crap man I did not realize how big the 600 is. Yes I see them at the Fly Park on the weekends but getting right up next to it, well it just dwarfted the 500. Don't get me wrong the 500 is nice aircraft for sure, that is my next heli, not for the ower and 3d stuff just to fly someting BIGGER than the 400's. I noted your comment about liking to fly close to yourself, becareful..............me I let that puppy go way out. Keep up the good work

I am just about done with my total rebuild of my 402 heli. What I have done is like buying a new heli kit and doing the assembly myself. I have taken every screw out of the heli. I need a tail end belt drive gear and it should arrive today or tomorrow. I always thought that if the tail "drive gear in the frame" went bad I would have to split cases to replace it. But I am good student and have been watching Sokals vids and this task can be done without splitting the cases. Thank goodness for his and others videos. Tonight I rebuild the head, seesaw and get that ready. It is raining down here so theres no flying anyway. If there was I have 401 tweaked and tuned ready to go if the get the urge.

Glenn, look into my eyes.......................my crystal ball sees a TREX 500 coming into your life very soon........................SANTA.

Jeff.................just keep snipping and making your fleet lighter than feathers..

JPEE
Old 11-04-2008, 01:13 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah the 600 is huge. I decided to stay up later than I planned, so I couldn't fly earlier.

Good to hear you are almost done with the 402.

Nick
Old 11-04-2008, 01:52 PM
evdreamer

I just got some video of the 600. I was able to do some funnels and circles in my backyard. This time the 600 was getting pushed around a little by the wind. So that means I shouldn't try and fly the Gaui or 450 outside. Since my Dad is home right now I won't be able to upload it until tomorrow. The battery was 100 degrees and the motor and ESC were 80 degrees. I did some punch outs and it goes up as fast as my 450. And right at the end I heard the rotors slowing down, so I have to lower my timer. But that was probably because I was in idle up 2 to help battle the wind.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Evan T.

well thats cool that you got to fly the trex 600 why cant you upload the vid with your dad there. Do you have any pics of your fleet all together.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:14 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

I have to use his computer since his only has the hookups that my camera uses. I am charging my T600 pack right now after a flight and it is a little over a 100 degrees. I would never do that with a LiPo. These batteries are awsome.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60847.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1065458  
Old 11-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Evan T.

That's cool I like to see size differences lol
Old 11-04-2008, 02:38 PM
evdreamer

I just got done charging one pack and the charger said it put in 2288mAh of a 2300mAh battery. Anyone one to try this with a LiPo. LOL And it took 32 minutes.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Evan T.

Haha yeah those batteries are awesome I bet you have a smile on your face right now Mr. Electrical engineer
Old 11-04-2008, 03:04 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Yeah I do have a smile on my face. If I was using a LiPo I would have just ruined a $300 battery. I like not having to baby these batteries compared to my Gaui and 450 batteries.

Nick
Old 11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Evan T.

Well what I do when I want to charge a battery that's hot is put the batter in a watter tight zip lock bag and put it in a glass of ice water and that work really good and does it fast I got that tip from a guy at the hobby shop that said he brings a cooler with ice and put the batteies on ice before charging but don't let them get to cold just like room temp. Hope this helps
Old 11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
evdreamer

Now I just got done charging my last battery at it put in 2303mAh. I discharged 100.13% of that battery.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Evan T.

How did that happen lol I didn't know it was possible to drain more capacity then the battery is rated at lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.